PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons and Dragons Forum?

VixenofVenus
23 September 2002, 04:41 PM
Maybe this has been brought up before ... but I couldn't find anything about it in a search:

Would it be possible to have a D&D Forum (just one for all systems ... with strict rules on System VS. System discussion) here at the HoloNet???

I thought it could go under the 'Other Forums' listing ... and I would be willing to moderate it ... if no-one minds.

I do alot of 3rd Edition D&D gaming as well as SWRPG ... and I know alot of HoloNetters also do D&D gaming ... it would be nice to have a sanctioned forum for D&D threads ... I know a few have started and died quickly in the C&M ... but thats why I think a new forum would be nice ... also ... it might draw some people to SWRPG ... I know alot of ppl who really just didn't know there was this sort of community for SWRPG (prolly a better one than found on any D&D board I've found) ...

But I'd love to start a Dungeons and Dragons Forum here at the HoloNet ... which sounds wierd ... but I think the HoloNet is great BECAUSE of it's growth and flexibility (and cleanliness of posts!!!!)

Kas'ir Faywind
23 September 2002, 05:15 PM
I'll second this idea. Could be useful to discuss posible things to convert over to star wars rpg as well. Just as long as no system versus system thigns come up it should be fun :)

BrianDavion
23 September 2002, 05:28 PM
I'll third it

Darth Bile
23 September 2002, 05:39 PM
i agree with the IoveIy sith Iady, and i got some races i want some peopIe to try out, and they can onIy be done in third edition ruIes though, so, pIease, have a D&D forum, since that's my favorite game by far.

Rouge8
23 September 2002, 05:52 PM
I agree. I am still looking for the species from D&D. Me and a freind are starting to think about D&D.

Nova Spice
23 September 2002, 06:08 PM
I've never really played D&D, but I will admit it has piqued my interest a few times. My group seems to think that only one game (Star Wars D20) should be played at any given time, but I would like to see a forum just for the sake of learning what its all about.

So I suppose I support the idea! :D ;)

Reverend Strone
23 September 2002, 06:09 PM
Bring it on I say.

I wonder though- if we had a D&D forum, should we also then have a forum for other RPGs that folks here play?

Perhaps, rather than a dedicated D&D forum, what about a general Non StarWars RPG forum, where we could also discuss other RPGs as well?

I'm there either way.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
23 September 2002, 06:25 PM
I with Rev. It's been a while since I talked about BattleTech since my players are all about the Star Wars.

dgswensen
23 September 2002, 09:57 PM
I demand forums for Shatterzone, TORG, Ars Magica, Call of Cthulhu, Cyberpunk 2020, Shadowrun, The End, RIFTS, Mekton Zeta, Pendragon, and TOON.

:D

BrianDavion
23 September 2002, 10:42 PM
Frostwan, you mentioned a desire to discuss battletech on message boards. might I direct your attention to the fourms at www.classicbattletech.com

thats the offical Btech site and the forms are THE place for online Btech discussion over the net (I lurk there but am unable to post for some odd reason. need to talk to the site admin about that)

reliant
24 September 2002, 04:57 AM
I agree with Vixen, a D&D forum would be a good idea. So I guess I 7th the idea? :D

Also a forum for misc. games would be cool too. A place holonetters could go discuss non-star wars games. Who knows, if one game's discussion got big enough, maybe it would warrant a forum of it's own some day...

By the way, I second dgswensen's call for a Shadowrun forum... :D

Kas'ir Faywind
24 September 2002, 10:40 AM
Have it be a non SWRPG forum and ina sticky post have it say that each thread must have the RPG name in (rpg here).

Moridin
24 September 2002, 11:05 AM
Guys, I'm going to tell you right now that the likelihood of such a forum is pretty slim. The reasons:

1) This is a Star Wars RPG board, not a general roleplaying board.
2) There are plenty of game-specific boards out there for the games you mentioned.
3) Any and all posts regarding other games fit quite well into the Chaos & Miscellany board, where you can discuss these things with your favorite Holonet goers.

Don't mean to be a Scrooge, but we have a very firm policy of sticking on topic as much as possible...we don't report any news that's not Star Wars RPG, we don't post any submissions that aren't Star Wars, and we probably won't support message boards that aren't Star Wars (with the exception of C&M, which was designed to BE an Off-Topic forum).

Reverend Strone
24 September 2002, 11:23 AM
Fair enough.

And Moridin's right about the C&M forum too. I guess there's nothing to stop us posting D&D and other RPG-related threads there.

Thanks for being up front and frank with us boss.:)

Random Axe
24 September 2002, 12:42 PM
Thank you Moridin for the proverbial foot-down-putting. I am logged in as a member to other D&D discussion sites & quite frankly, never go to visit. Why? Because my interest is in the Star Wars game. If I wanted D&D stuff, I'd go to D&D boards.

And as has been mentioned, there's nothing preventing anyone from already starting up a discussion of Shatterzone, Shadowrun, White Wolf, Metabarons or whatever in one of the other forums.

VixenofVenus
24 September 2002, 04:23 PM
Thx Moradin (mutters "for nuthin") ... Just Checking ... I figured it would be a Big "NO!" ... but I figured there is no harm in asking.

Armage Bedar
29 September 2002, 06:49 AM
Sorry, Vixen, but it's probably best if we keep the HoloNet specific to the SW-RPG, for the reasons Moridin noted and for the bandwidth and space issues that we tend to have.

Besides, dedicated D&D forums can do the job a lot better than we could ever do.