PDA

View Full Version : Mon Calamari - New Republic Capital?

Paul Klein
24 September 2002, 02:01 PM
Okay, I've heard several of you say that you've read in the Destiny's Way preview that the New Republic adopts Mon Calamari as the new capital of the Republic.

First off, can someone point me towards a link where I can read this preview?

Second, when is Destiny's Way due to be released?

Thirdly, what are your first impressions about this? From an urban-plains landscape to... the ocean? It seems an odd, yet completely interesting move on the author's part.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Nova Spice
24 September 2002, 04:35 PM
1. Head on over to www.theforce.net and go to the books section. Look on the left-hand sidebar and click Book Release Schedule. Scroll down until you find Destiny's Way and have a look for yourself. ;)

2. As far as I know, sometime next month, either the first week of October or mid-October.

3. Well, I've discussed this with my PCs and it looks like a brilliant move on the New Republic's part. First off, the Vong invasion corridor has completely bypassed Mon Calamari. Second-off, look at the position of the planet and see if you notice anything strategic about it. If you look at it compared to the Vong invasion corridor, you will see that if the New Republic were to mass at Mon Calamari and attack, along with the Remnant from the opposite side of the corridor and maybe perhaps even the Corporate Sector Authority from behind the corridor, you would have a three-pronged attack that could very well retake many lost worlds and cut the Vong in half. And to top that off, if the New Republic forces on the other side of the galaxy that have yet to be touched, launched an attack at the frontlines, you would have a four-pronged assault. Maybe this is exactly what is going on? Or maybe this is just an elaborate guess by me? Either way, it will be interesting! :D

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
24 September 2002, 04:47 PM
Seven days gentlemen, seven days.