PDA

View Full Version : Planet Adumar in NJO...

Iain Kysler, Jedi Apprentice
26 September 2002, 01:15 PM
Hello all! I'm brand-new on this forum. I've been playing the RPG for about...oh, call it 4/5 months now, maybe longer. Loving the NJO era. Always wanted to see what happened after the Yevetha conflict.

Boy, did I get a rude awakening...Just read the first book of the NJO era, Vector Prime. But before this...well, here's how I got involved.

My family and I went to see Episode II the day it came out. Managed to get there early in the morning, no lines. We live in a fairly sparsely-populated area, so it helps. After that was over, we dropped by Borders' Books. Love that place. We ended up making a few purposes. My sisters bought the Revised Core Rulebook, and I picked up [I]NJO Era Sourcebook[I/] and [I]Starships of the Galaxy[I/]. Well, we waited a couple of weeks to get the system down, then ran an adventure in the Rebellion Era. Had fun, but decided to jump ahead. So we cracked the NJO Sourcebook and looked at what was inside.

Now, 4 months later, I'm coming up on..............

I believe the term is....SPOILERS AHEAD....

...The fall of Coruscant. I kind of burned through the adventures. It helps when you've got four people total in your party. I play GM as well as my character, Iain Kysler. Right now, I'm trying to figure out if anything has happened with the planet Adumar (Reference: X-Wing, Book 9, I think, [I]Starfighters of Adumar[I/]) with regards to the Yuuzhan Vong. If I recall, its industrial strength was the ability to make TONS of missiles and torpedoes, and it had been retooled to do just that. I haven't been able to get ahold of the rest of the NJO era paperbacks yet, so I was wondering...has anything happened with Adumar?

I also want to say that it's great to be here. I've been coming to this site for quite a while, looking for ideas and clarifications. Just wonderful! Glad I finally got my account running. I've read a TON of Moridin's stuff, and I loved the lightsaber guide and the Jensaarai guide. I've actually got a friend who has a Jensaarai PC (leaning a bit towards the dark side right now...too far for my comfort, as my character is a JK in training...)

Also...anybody know where I can find d20 stats for the MandalMotors StarViper, unmodified? I've been looking for well over a month now...

Thanks and I look forward to talking with you all!

:D

Nova Spice
26 September 2002, 01:41 PM
First off, Welcome to the Holonet! Glad to have you aboard! ;)

Second, it sounds like you have a pretty cool family if your sisters are into the RPG! :D

Addressing Adumar, I will say that only one reference has been made to the Adumaris in the series thus far. In Balance Point, book 6 of the series, Jaina mentions that the Adumari were attempting a counter-offensive against the Vong's flank. Then she mentions how she hopes they were having success. That is pretty much the extent of Adumar thus far in the NJO.

I'm sure they will eventually come into the picture. With such a strong fighting culture and valuable planet, Adumar will undoubtedly play some sort of role in the coming books. :D

Anyway, I hope that helps even though it was just a passing remark. ;)

26 September 2002, 02:21 PM
Actually, it helps a bit, Nova. Thanks! I was just wondering what the Adumari were up to, and if they'd gotten involved beyond the point of providing weaponry for all the starfighters and capital ships in the NR.

Dan Kyrinov
26 September 2002, 07:41 PM
Welcome aboard, Iain! I'm glad you're here and enjoying the NJO roleplaying. Moridin has got a great thing going here, and this is quite literally the best board around.

Sounds pretty neat that you have a Jensaarai in your group. They're always fun to keep around, and you can have a lot of variety within even a group of Jensaarai. In an e-mail game we've had lots of Jedi and Jensaarai and never gotten tired of them.

By the way, if I can blow my own horn, it sounds like you are a fan of the X-Wing series and hopefully you'll get to read Aaron Allston's NJO books soon. Nova Spice and I have post-NJO sourcebook characters on the submissions page here, and Moridin has plenty of Vong equipment, hopefully there will plenty of fuel for your adventures.

Well, Nova tackled the Adumari question, but still, thought I'd say hello and welcome!

27 September 2002, 10:47 AM
I'm a big fan of the X-wing series...I've got the entire collection with the exception of Wedge's Gamble which I've read. I've also got the first Timothy Zahn trilogy, The Courtship of Princess Leia, and the first and last books of The Black Fleet Crisis. I've read enough of the middle book in the last-mentioned series to know what happens.

Trying to convince my sisters right now to buy the Dark Side Sourcebook and The Power of the Jedi, but...thinking about grabbing them myself come the end of the month...he he.