PDA

View Full Version : Submissions to the OJ

Admiral Zaarin
9 June 2006, 12:03 PM
I understand that the OJ is still accepting submissions, but quite a while ago (I don't remember how long specifically), I sent in a submission and I haven't heard anything...Answers?

reliant
15 June 2006, 11:22 AM
Unless I'm horribly mistaken, the OJ is kind of on hiatus at the moment. We lost most of the management staff a while back and things just kind of fell apart after that. There's been some movement to reorganize the journal and bring it back, but nothing concrete as of yet.

Admiral Zaarin
15 June 2006, 01:23 PM
Okay, thanks. I hope it comes back...it's been a really valuable resource. :(

Ardent
26 August 2006, 07:00 PM
Most of the staff writers are still around, we just lack an editing and managerial team. :/

Grimace
26 August 2006, 07:55 PM
That's all you're missing? Shoot, that shouldn't be too hard to fill. Just find some hard nosed so-and-so to be the manager to kick people in the rear, and get someone that knows the language well enough to be the editor, and you're set.

Sheesh.

Has there been any push to get people for the positions? Honestly, this is the first I've heard of the shortcomings.

Ardent
30 August 2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Grimace
Has there been any push to get people for the positions? Honestly, this is the first I've heard of the shortcomings.
Call me non-sure, but I dunno. I barely even talk to Scotty any more, and AFAIK the other people related to running starwars-rpg.net are also on hiatus from Network-related stuff.

Ris
11 September 2006, 05:03 AM
Just saw the new posts here. Sad to say I don't bother checking this forum more than once or twice a month, since it's been so long since there's been so little activity. That said --

I have expressed an interest in being on the OJ editorial staff for years, as far back as Axius the Dark's tenure as Editor-in-Chief. In fact, I was part of the team in the latest (that I know of) attempt to get it going again, under Scottyboy. That was almost a year ago & didn't seem to last long after some initial enthusiasm.

I have the language and editorial skills needed. I have been beta-reader, profreader and editor on Donovan Morningfire's last 2 SW fanfics. I have also submitted my own work to the OJ, and had at least one piece in line to be published when it went on hiatus. Although my degree is in science, for the last few years I have worked as an evaluator of student essays, and am currently employed as an Importer, a medical transcription proofreader.

I am still willing to work as part of a team. I am, however, lacking in the technical skills for putting out a journal or setting up any sort of website. Wordprocessing, the transcription software, and a bit of painting are the extent of my skills.