PDA

View Full Version : Missing Person Puzzle

The_Anarchisto
26 September 2002, 04:54 PM
I have a group of characters trying to track down an old Jedi holocron. They have a name and address (or whatever the heck the equivalent is in SW) and are trying to find it.

The problem is that I need something fun to send my characters through. Either a puzzle of some sort, or an unfair battle where they'll have to use their wits to survive, or something. Problem is, I can't think of anything. I think I lost the GM muse.

So I'm hoping you can give me some ideas of a situation that can fall into, get tangled up in, and have to figure some way out of. Thanks!

The Anarchisto

P.S. Any suggestions on DMing a character that's unconsciously a kleptomaniac? Think Kender from the Dragonlance series. He just picks things up without thinking. I don't want to make him choose what to take, nor do I want to do it all for him. Suggestions?

scottyboy
26 September 2002, 05:13 PM
Well, you could have the person get kidnapped. Say that there's another group looking for the same person, they take him. Then your party takes him back, so on and so forth, until finally it comes down to a battle between the two groups. As far as the kleptomaniac goes... I think that you're going to have to tell him what he takes. That's the only way I can think of. Because if he's "unconciously" doing it, then he wouldn't be able to pick what he takes. Or you could say things like "you see a blaster that you really like the look of", and then later when he's looking through his gear, amazingly there's that blaster that his character "liked the look of". That's the only way that I could think to do something like this.

Ravager_of_worlds
27 September 2002, 05:58 AM
you could have a guardian of the holocron idea- some ancient droid bounty hunter that is activated if the characters gain the holocron to track down, destroy and reclaim the holocron. give it an ancient ship, numerous droid minions and a huge knowledge tactics skill bonus- so you can miraculously 'save' your droid creation from destruction to have it strike again later (or have it use a 'clone' droid body to fool the characters).

or you could... have a rival jedi character, so good, so just and right that he views the group as a bunch of dark jedis to be thwarted. He'll be distrustful of any of the groups attempts to win him over and when they do fight him, he'll be even more convinced of their dark intentions. that holocron must be protected!

those are two suggestions. i was going to use them but i'm not letting my characters catch wind of a holocron in the rebellion era. they have a dark master to appease after all. :)