PDA

View Full Version : i have been kicked off (unloged without my knowlege)...

blemelisk
6 October 2002, 06:34 PM
i have been 'Kicked off" 2 times in a row tonight and wanted to inform those incharge of this. i was typing a post and when i went to submit it brought up a sign in page. im not angery at all no just thought someone may want to know who are over tech suport. cause i wouldnt want it to happen to anyone else and of course me again :rolleyes: couse i had to retype 2 prety long posts.
it may be my comp or my internet service (ie dial up) im not sure (they have both been pretty good for the most part) but i just wanted to inform someone.

ps untile i get used to knowing where post should go(this seemed to be the best place for this one) and i hope i was right :) i hope all of u will forgive my ignorance for posting in wrong places ill do my very best not to do so. ty :)

Grimace
6 October 2002, 11:21 PM
Are you having this problem on SW-RPG.NET, or on SWRPGNetwork? If it's the latter of the two, you missed the area where you need to post. Let me know and I'll move this. If it's the former, I'll let someone else answer this question.

evan hansen
7 October 2002, 05:58 AM
This is being moved to the swrpgnetwork forums since, well, starwars-rpg.net doesn't have a sign in screen. :)

For interested parties, starwars-rpg.net is a separate entity from SWRPGNetwork and the holonets.

And with regards to your specific problem -- if you take more than a few minutes (10 or 15, I think), you're logged off. If you encounter that problem, sign in, then click your back button a few times, and you should get a message saying that in order to proceed you'll need to resubmit your form. Go ahead and click Yes, and your browser should resubmit your post -- but since you have a new session, it'll post. Make sense?

Hopefully that was helpful.

Gulmyros
7 October 2002, 07:01 AM
I've had a similar experience with writing long posts on a web-based forum like this. My quick work-around: Type up your post.
Before you submit, select all your text and "copy" it into your clipboard.
Submit your post. If everything's ok, then you're fine.
If you have to log back in, do so, then reply to the thread again, "paste" in your text and submit.
It's not fancy, but it works. It's just a habit I've gotten into ever since I had the problem at delphi.com, then at Yahoo.com and ever so occassionally at the holonet.

You know, just in case that helps.

blemelisk
7 October 2002, 01:43 PM
thanks guys :) yea that i think is me problem and yes Gul. ive learned to start doing that lol :) thank u all again :) now that i know how to fix that :)

smokn_willie
23 October 2002, 09:20 AM
I have had the exact same problem since I started in September. Whenever I am inactive on swrpgnetwork for a period of time I come back and I have to re sign in but I had just assumed it was to keep bandwidth and memory clear as users not active still take up a bit. If there is a problem and I can give any info to help let me know.