PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have ideas for a Old Republic campaign?

BadAsh
10 October 2002, 10:20 AM
Hey guys,

For the past year our group has been playing a New Republic scoundrel type of campaign. Lately though, it has sort of ran out of gas. One PC became a full dark side force user while another was a very good character. Things sort of fell apart after that. So we have decided to start a new campaign, at level one, but this time in the days of the Old Republic. Problem is, I'm not nearly as familiar with the era as I am with the New Republic. So I've had a hard time coming up with a basic idea to run with. I don't want to run another scoundrel/bounty hunter type of game, and the group stated they don't want an all jedi game either.

Does any one have an ideas that I could use? The best I could come up with is that the PC's work for the Republic in a CIA type of department. That way they aren't totally goody-goody and at the same time not evil like last time. Do you think this would work?

Thanks.

Faraer
10 October 2002, 10:42 AM
The organization you're referring to is the Judicial Department, the Republic's agency of transgalactic law enforcement. Within the Judicial Department, the branch directly active in the galaxy is the Republic Guard -- "sort of like the US's Federal Bureau of Investigation is a branch of the Justice Department" as JD Wiker has said. Their uniform is the one Dannl Faytonni and Achk Med-Beq are seen wearing in the Outlander Club; main sources are Cloak of Deception and holonetnews.com. Other Republic bodies you could use include the Senate Guard, Diplomatic Corps, Republic Scout Service, Sector Rangers, Refugee Relief Movement, Freedom's Sons, and (lest we forget) the Republic Tax Collection Agency. There are a million possibilities, of course.

BadAsh
11 October 2002, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the info, I'll see what my players think about it.

Has anyone run something like this before?

LiquidSaber
12 October 2002, 08:27 PM
LOL, you could have them each be a specialized clone during the clone wars if they like alot of squad/tactical games. :D

Old republic eh? I believe their borders were pretty tiny back then so why not have them run in an Exploration Campaign on the borders? Searching new systems, charting hyperspace routes, accidentally discovering the Sith empire (oops, was that out loud?)..:p

BrianDavion
12 October 2002, 08:29 PM
exploration is fun, currently I have my PCs on the jedi explorer ship, sunrider and for ME at least it's fun
my PCs are getting a tad restless with the coinstant shipboard stuff (gets dull I guesss:) so I plan on wrapping it up and dumping em onto courscant:)

LiquidSaber
13 October 2002, 10:38 PM
Hmm I think you just find the makings for an entirely new thread their Davion. How to keep an exploration campaign fun & exciting. Hmmm, I would sure like to know what other folks do...;)

BrianDavion
14 October 2002, 09:02 AM
why currently they are investigating a new reptilian race led by a dark side adept waging a war of genocide against their neighbors.
as for other ways to keep it intresting.. well star trek did run a long time.. ok proably a bad idea as most trek episodes had a tendency to put me to sleep:)