PDA

View Full Version : Anakin`s father....(seriously!!!) SPOILER

Ronin
11 October 2002, 08:42 PM
I heard this from one of my students...so be prep`ed to take it w/ a dose of sodiu-chloride....

apparently it was leaked in a Japanese magazine that.....

Count Dooku is Anakin`s dad.
Sure, it sounds a little off....but it would suggest some very cool scenes in Ep3...mirroring Ep5 and 6....
Dooku reveals he is Anakin`s dad, Palpatine tries to get Anakin to kill Dooku....and unlike Luke...Anakin butchers his daddy. ;)

Interesting...yet doubtful?

Krad-edis
11 October 2002, 10:56 PM
That may explain why he appeared to be so upset when he cut off Anakin's arm. I would actually like to see it happen as you suggest.

It think it is possible, though it doesn't go along with the midichlorian divine "chosen one" birth theory, which still is not very clear. Maybe Lucas wants it to appear that Anakin and everyone else will believe that he had a divine birth, when in fact, he did not, and Shmi just does not remember anything about a father because she never met him.

Maybe when The Phantom Menace Special Edition comes out, more will be revealed.

Qui-Gon: Your son is very strong in the force. Who is the boy's father?

Shmi: There was no father.

Qui-Gon: Oh come on lady, you cannot bullsh*t me.

Shmi: I don't remember, really.

Qui-Gon: Hmmm....Interesting.

:) I guess we will have to wait and see. Cool topic.

darkvet
12 October 2002, 04:25 AM
Personally, I hope this isn't true. I mean that seems like a cop out to me. I would hope Lucas has more creativity than to just retell the storyline from the first trilogy.

Vader: Luke I am your father. . . .
Luke: no it can't be. ..
Vader: Holy&*%$#^*%#$ I am getting serious deja vous here
Luke: What?
Vader: Oh never mind. COme join me and we can rule the galaxy together.

Emperor, on Coruscant: Oh Geez here we go again. . . .

Ronin
12 October 2002, 04:30 AM
Ha ha!!!
That`s a good point Darkvet!

Still...interesting...I`d ask my student to get me a copy of the mag as proof but my Nihongo just ain`t up to translating it yet...

still...seeing IS believing...
I`ll see what I can do...

Wade Trenor
12 October 2002, 05:22 AM
It's probably just a joke using the scene from ESB. The Jedi hero (Luke) is told by the baddie (Vader), that he is the baddie's son.

Plant this in the prequel era, and Anakin is to Luke as Dooku is to Vader.

Nova Spice
12 October 2002, 06:28 AM
Plant this in the prequel era, and Anakin is to Luke as Dooku is to Vader.

Agreed, I find Dooku being Anakin's father highly unlikely and very contradictory to the "divine-birth" that we have come to semi believe in. I don't think Anakin Skywalker's father should be revealed or even exist for that matter. It adds a whole mystical aura around the Skywalker lineage that I think helps create the heroic destiny of both Anakin and Luke.....and little Ben (a little further down the road). ;)

darkvet
12 October 2002, 07:12 AM
Thanx Ronin,

of course there could be some truth in it, to expand on Krad's thoughts; we know little about Shmi's past maybe she was heavily into experimental drugs and alcohol, and really doesn't know anything about the father. . . .:p

Krad-edis
12 October 2002, 10:52 AM
I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, or make anyone mad, but I think the "divine birth" is a cop out. It leaves everything unexplained (except, everything is mystical, so just accept it), and for anyone who is Christian, we have heard this all before. I don't want to see the Star Wars Saga end with the comparison of Jesus to Anakin Skywalker in any way.

I would like to see Anakin crack under pressure and murder his own father, where Luke was strong and learned from his father's downfall in order to save them both. That is not a cop out in my opinion, and makes a truly epic story.

I am hoping that there is a father and Dooku is the one. Dooku's hesitation and reactions to what was going on in AOTC were too odd to just be pushed aside as him just having a soft spot for the Jedi, his Padawan's Padawan (Obi), or for the young man who fought so bravely against him. He was moved by Anakin and upset when he struck Anakin down, visibly shaken. There was a mask hiding Anakin's face as Vader, but I am willing to bet that Anakin / Vader wore the same face of amazement, hope, and sorrow when he fought his son on Bespin, and was forced to cut off his son's arm in order to end the horseplay.

Again, as I said earlier, I think history is repeating itself in a predictable way to show who was stronger in the end. The father sold out, while the son under similar circumtances did not crack and was able to bring his father back. They triumphed over evil because of love. That is epic!

Leaving more and more of the story unexplained kind of goes against what I feel the prequels should be about. The fact that we will probably never know the origins of Palpatine are enough. Leaving the origins of Anakin Skywalker as "the unclear divine birth in which the Jedi Council was kind of skeptical over" is really irritating IMHO.

Rouge8
12 October 2002, 07:13 PM
Sideous is!

He drained the knowledge from Shmi and Anakin withe the Dark Side. Plus, Shmi is Force-Sensitive.

So if Sideous is Palpy......

Codym
12 October 2002, 08:34 PM
Interesting, but this should have been brought up in Episode 2. After all, it's not even mentioned in Clones, so it would come right out of the blue and no matter what people say, Lucas isn't that bad of a writer.

As it is, my friends have often commented on the fact that their was the possibility of Anakin's father having done a mind trick on Shmi, "We did not have sex..." But this seems a little dark, and a hell of a lot more disturbing, for Star Wars.

The only other thing I have to add to this is that the original line in the script read "He has no father," which can translate into many different things. This was the line I thought should have been there, other than the virgin birth thing.

Krad-edis
12 October 2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Codym
As it is, my friends have often commented on the fact that their was the possibility of Anakin's father having done a mind trick on Shmi, "We did not have sex..." But this seems a little dark, and a hell of a lot more disturbing, for Star Wars.

In a space opera where fathers slice off their son's hand, and sons cut down their fathers, and in a space opera where their are elements of genecide, destroying of worlds, and epic good versus epic evil......rape and mind wipes can fit in there somewhere, if that is what you are referring to.

Maybe Shmi was Dooku's girlfriend. Maybe it wasn't rape or anything forced at all. Maybe it was a Jedi finding out that he had a son or daughter on the way and knew that the Order would not allow it. Time to disappear and deny it ever happened. Affect Mind and bammo, they never met. However, Shmi has this idea that it was a divine birth.

What a great way to keep track of your old girlfriend and offspring than to bring up the notion that it was a divine birth. The more people who know about the "divine birth", the easier it is to follow up on where they are and what they are doing. It would only make sense that she babbled her thoughts to others besides just Qui-Gon. People probably knew of her strange circumstances and she was probably gossip for everyone. Whether they believed her or thought she was nuts, all Dooku had to do was listen in to gossip from time to time to check up on how his boy was doing. "No father", "Strange reflexes", "pod racing child who can see things before they happen". Rather easy to listen in on things when the child is such a spectacle and surrounded by mysterious circumstances. This is if he were a good father, I mean he seems awfully busy with his Seperatist stuff, so who knows :) . He cannot just go back and claim Anakin. Shmi would not allow it, and even though he was dark side, I don't think he would have hurt her to reclaim him. He probably thought that the boy was better off away from him.

Imagine him trying to keep track of old Jedi affairs. What is new in the old Council and Temple these days? A boy of ten years of age, the son of a slave named Shmi has entered the Temple for Jedi training? There are inklings of him being very special, the will of the force and a divine in birth. This couldn't have been kept hush hush for long.

Information leaks out all over the place, and it had ten years to do so. With the amount of attention that Anakin probably received and the mysterious circumstances surrounding the finding of Anakin and the death of his student (Qui-Gon), I am pretty sure that Dooku not only knew of Anakin, but also figured that it was his son whom Obi-wan was training. The face he made when he struck Anakin down tells me that there is more than meets the eye. He looked like someone who had injured or betrayed someone very dear to him.

Hey, just speculation. I don't know for sure, all I can say is something strange is going on, and I don't know if I can contain myself until 2005 to see it. I guess I'll have to.

Kobayashi_Maru
12 October 2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Rouge8
Sideous is!

I tend to think so too!!!

Palpatine was setting the stage for some kind of "Sith Aristocracy" legacy. Leading to all kinds of Roman-like scenarios.

dgswensen
13 October 2002, 12:14 AM
Hard to see the Dark Side is. Maybe he clouded Shmi's mind.

KenobiJim
18 October 2002, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Rouge8
Sideous is!

He drained the knowledge from Shmi and Anakin withe the Dark Side. Plus, Shmi is Force-Sensitive.

So if Sideous is Palpy......

This is something I have always toyed with, idea-wise. One of my friends and I discussed this very possibility, Shmi being Palpatine's / Sideous' consort. He erases her memory, and BAM Ani is born. It's a very Anime sort of idea. Instead of Dooky (who will probably die anyway) let it be our Pal-patine... Then instead of Anakin killing his dad (very evil!), he'll be joining his dad (extra evil!!) Very Ep.5!

Palp: "Join me, and we will rule the galaxy as father and son!"

Ani / Vader: "Okay."

--cheers in the background--

--Imperial March Playing Loud & Proud--

--And don't forget the cool Palpy and Ani pennants waving in the breeze--

AxiustheDark
18 October 2002, 07:21 AM
First of all, this is just a great thread. Man, Dooku as Anakin's father? That is just GREAT! *chuckles*

Krad-edis: I really enjoyed your points....

I would like to see Anakin crack under pressure and murder his own father, where Luke was strong and learned from his father's downfall in order to save them both. That is not a cop out in my opinion, and makes a truly epic story.
This is just good stuff.

Interesting, but this should have been brought up in Episode 2. After all, it's not even mentioned in Clones, so it would come right out of the blue and no matter what people say, Lucas isn't that bad of a writer.
Well, it didn't actually have to be brought up. Did anybody know that Vader was Luke's father before ESB? Did anybody know Leia and Luke were related? I know I had no idea.

I was reading the Annotated SW Trilogy Screenplay the other day (which is a pretty neat reference for qoutes and stuff), and there we some interviews about Lucas just waiting to spring his little surprises onto the movie-watching public.

We have seen Lucas suprise the stuffing out of us before, and I know he has been waiting to do it again. Knowing how the original trilogy turned out, Lucas has gotta spring something on us.

Jim Williams
18 October 2002, 09:57 AM
I think---

the no father thing is going to stick. If not, George has even more stuff to stuff into EpIII.

Dooku had that stricken look because his Master, Sideous, probably told him, "If you kill the boy Anakin, I'm gonna be pissed." Dooku might have been a tad upset that he lopped his arm off.

A big FAT however though. Why oh why did Dooku tell Obi-Wan of his suspicions about a Sith running amok in the Senate? If Obi-Wan was a dead man anyway, no problem (villains always reveal information to heroes about to die). I think Dooku was maneuvering for someone to join with him against Sideous so that he could seize power. All he could do at the end when fighting Yoda was say heck with the consequences and drop a column on both Obi-Wan (who HAD to die) and Anakin (whom I think he was forbidden to kill/harm by Sidious/Palpy).

When is that #$%^&*() movie coming out again?!!??

JonathanC
19 October 2002, 12:04 AM
Frankly, I don't think Dooku was upset at all. I always interpeted the look on his face as being exhaustion, not emotional trauma. I mean, he *did* just duel two Jedi Knights in a row, and two of the finest around at that. You can't blame the guy for being a little shaken; he's getting up there in years (Christopher Lee was 80 at the time of filming).

Codym
19 October 2002, 05:40 AM
I think Dooku looking drained had more to do with the original scripted battle between Anakin and D, in which Anakin showed off some of those Chosen One skills he possessed, rather than the pair being related. This would also imply that Dooku knew who Anakin was before hand, which really puts doubts on why he would put his own son to death, especially if cutting off his arm "upset" him so much ( he had no idea Ani would survive the arena clash - especially after he ordered all Jedi killed.)

As it was, I believe the duel between Ani and Dooku was shortened for the Yoda/D clash, cutting out some of the coolest things Anakin manages to pull off in Episode 2. But this is just one mans opinion, so feel free to put holes in my theory.

Krad-edis
19 October 2002, 09:51 AM
Dooku did not seem exhausted to me. He did seem to whip up on two guys who were a fraction of his age, and then save some more for when Yoda appeared. Force Lightning this, telekinesis that, and then another duel against Yoda. Maybe at the end of all that he was a little tired, but in my opinion, he was toying with Anakin and Obi-wan much like a father does when having a pretend sword fight with his four year old son.

"Look you two, I am not in the mood for it right now. All I want to do is watch ESPN and read the paper. Not now damn it."

"But dad, you killed all those Jedi today. Now you are going to pay."

"All right punks. You want it, now you got it."

Old guy old schooled the young guys. It took an even older guy to old school the old guy. :)

Ardent
20 October 2002, 09:35 PM
If...as Jim suggested, Dooku wanted a Jedi to join him against Sidious...why pick Obi-Wan?!

First of all, Dooku knew Obi-Wan, and was a good friend of Qui-Gon's. He'd realize that for all his uncouth manner and unorthodox technique, Obi-Wan was firmly convincted in his role as a Jedi Knight. Uncorruptable, as it were. What Dooku did was simple theatric foreshadowing, nothing more sinister than that.

Lucas isn't a bad writer, but he's not just writing Star Wars for mature, reasoning adults. He's also writing it for kids (my ex's little cousin absolutely adores it for one, I've gotten whacked on the shins by his dual lightsaber one too many times to believe it coincidental). Kids who, without painfully obvious foreshadowing might not enjoy the film as much.

When you start reading into something so hard you begin to see things, you're going too far. ;)

Jim Williams
21 October 2002, 04:34 AM
Ardent,

I don't think Dooku knew Obi-Wan well enough to predict his reaction, but he had a chance in bringing him around to his way of thinking by dragging Qui-Gon into it. To a Jedi not quite so steadfast as Obi-Wan, the revalation/implication that his/her former Master would have bought into Dooku's plot might have clouded a Jedi's reasoning. I think Dooku simply underestimated Obi-Wan's tenacity.

Which is consistent with Dooku's actions. He's either written to be enormously clever by Lucas, or he's being written to show poor judge of character.

Was he really tempting Obi-Wan, or giving Obi enough info to cause problems for Sidious? As a Sith, his long-term goal has got to be to seize power for himself.

When he offered surrender to Mace, was that part of a grander plan that Mace circumvented, or did he not realize how cold-blooded Mace was?

My best question is this...did Dooku, based on Jango's almost for sure telling him the Republic knew about the clone army, arrange for the entire debacle on Geonosis. He just seemed so sad ;) the Seccessionists were being creamed...

Unfortunately, none of this really has any bearing on being Anakin's father. The only thing I think that bears is that Anakin will destroy Dooku instead of offering mercy; Luke offered mercy instead of destruction and was thereby saved himself.

In all fairness Ardent, to me everything from I to VI would be better if I felt like Lucas really had a grand story plotted out instead of two trilogies mashed together with Jar Jar pulp occassionally dribbling out onto the fine linen and staining everything...permanently.

D-Roc
24 October 2002, 10:01 AM
I would just like to expand a little on this subject. Has anyone considered that Palpatine and Dooku could be related??? I had brothers in mind. It would seem to fit with the thought of "keeping it in the family."

Any thoughts??

D-Roc
24 October 2002, 10:27 AM
Let me take even furhter.

As someone suggested on anther thread. What if Palpatine and Sidious were NOT one in the same. Is'nt it possible that Sidious could (IMO) be a clone of Palpatine? That would make for some HUGH surprise.

dgswensen
24 October 2002, 10:33 AM
Lucas has stated before that the Star Wars movies are variations on a theme that keeps playing over and over... that's why everyone keeps losing hands or arms and everyone seems to end up on Tattooine sooner or later. Given that, I would not be surprised to find Dooku to be Anakin's father. I won't say that I think he is or isn't... just that I think it's a possibility.

As for Palpatine and Sidious being clones of one another -- personally, I think that's a by-product of fan overanalyzing. Most fanboys know Palpatine is the name of the Emperor, but that is not mentioned in the original trilogy. A lot of people who aren't hardcore fans aren't necessarily aware that Palpatine and Sidious are supposed to be the same person.

I won't rule it out, but I don't think that's the case. From a storytelling perspective, it's just too unecessary and confusing.

Codym
24 October 2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by D-Roc
I would just like to expand a little on this subject. Has anyone considered that Palpatine and Dooku could be related??? I had brothers in mind. It would seem to fit with the thought of "keeping it in the family."

Any thoughts??

Nice idea, but it would seem unlikely that they could have kept it a secret. Personally, I don't think we're going to see any great revelations about Palpatine, mostly because Lucas understands what makes him such a great villian, just like he knows what makes Yoda such a great master. Keeping their histories off limits, and not exploring them within the movies themselves, all the characters to seem larger than life, allowing their impacts on the events and characters at large to all the more profound.

As for the Dooku thing, it should be pointed out that if Lucas was going to pull the old "*insert name here*, I am your father!" bit, it would have been during Episode II. As it has been pointed out on numerous occasions, this is a series for all ages, and pulling that one out of the hat in the final chapter would just be too much, especially since we were told "there was no father" in the first film and nothing made about it in the second. In a way, I'm beginning to like the whole subversive feel to the series if it is a virgin birth, just like the wonderfully subversive feel Phantom Menace had in general. Not something often get in major films, especially those aimed at family audiences.

Codym
24 October 2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Jim Williams
A big FAT however though. Why oh why did Dooku tell Obi-Wan of his suspicions about a Sith running amok in the Senate? If Obi-Wan was a dead man anyway, no problem (villains always reveal information to heroes about to die). I think Dooku was maneuvering for someone to join with him against Sideous so that he could seize power. All he could do at the end when fighting Yoda was say heck with the consequences and drop a column on both Obi-Wan (who HAD to die) and Anakin (whom I think he was forbidden to kill/harm by Sidious/Palpy).

If you watch the movie closely, Dooku is always offering the Jedi a way out (asking Obi-Wan to join him, giving the Jedi a chance to surrender, etc.) and each time, whatever they choose, his position is strengthened, either as humble idealist or strong leader, and the Republic would be weakened (a highly regarded Jedi sides with the seperatists, the Jedi give in to the might of the Seperetist movement etc.) Even his "surprise" at the clone army is a cover to push the war foward, and give him a stronger, moral base to which to stand on.

Oh, and George wanted you to not know if he was a good guy or bad guy. Too bad about the toys etc that spoiled everything.

I don't think he knew about Anakin being in Palpatine's plans, however, for a couple of reasons. One, he tried to have Anakin killed on serveral occasions during the battle of Geonosis - which would have peeved Palpatine quite a bit, and two, if you were Palpatine, would you tell your current partner that you were all ready grooming his replacement? The "only two" thing is set in stone, from the lips of GL, so Palpatine would be a fool to allow for Dooku to know this.

D-Roc
25 October 2002, 06:26 AM
I do not really believe there will be any major surprises in the last (third) film. I know I suggested the "Brother" relationship and the possible Clone connection but I was just trying to offer up other ideas to stimulate furhter debate. I truley believe (IMO) that GL will not offer up any huge or any major unexpedted surprises. The whole idea of the first three films is to help answer questions from the origianl trilogy. With the goal of leaving even more suspense or mystery (or in other words more unanswered questions) about the characters and their background and the whole SW universe.

Ronin
26 October 2002, 08:18 PM
I sincerely pray that there is NO clone of Palpatine...
that`s all a bit too "Dark Empire"...
shudder!:(

uuurgh! I feel sick...

But seriously, keep the ideas coming! ;)

Rogue Janson
27 October 2002, 03:14 AM
Lucas didn't want people to know if Dooku was a good or a bad guy??

Red Lightsabre = Evil. Duh! :rolleyes: :)

Codym
27 October 2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Rogue Janson
Lucas didn't want people to know if Dooku was a good or a bad guy??

Red Lightsabre = Evil. Duh! :rolleyes: :)

Yeah, as I said, all the spoilers.:D

But Lucas has said from the start that you were not meant to know if Dooku was a good guy or a bad guy, just someone opposed to the Republic's corruption (which as everyone who saw Phantom knew, existed.) As as I put in another thread, I really thought it would have been cooler if Dooku had a green saber. It would have allowed Lucas to keep up the "Is he or isn't he?" right up to the revelation on Coruscant. But the film-going public is just not ready for a green vs blue or a blue vs blue saber battle. Oh well, maybe Episode III.

On a side note, I noticed waaay back in this discussion that AxiustheDark posted in reply to one of my arguments that their was no hint to Vader being Luke's father until Empire. This is true. But that was the second film, so we all knew that Luke's dad was this great Jedi who Vader killed. Would this have worked, however, if Lucas had left this little plot element out until Return of the Jedi? I doubt it, and that was the point I was trying to make. :D

D. Lobkowicz
27 October 2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by dgswensen
Lucas has stated before that the Star Wars movies are variations on a theme that keeps playing over and over... that's why everyone keeps losing hands or arms and everyone seems to end up on Tattooine sooner or later. Given that, I would not be surprised to find Dooku to be Anakin's father. I won't say that I think he is or isn't... just that I think it's a possibility.

As I see it, you're right that there's a large occurance of patterns in the movies, but I believe that if they tried to play it off that Dooku was Anakin's father, the world would see it as a scene straight out of Days Of Our Lies. There isn't a father, you don't know your father, you kill your father without knowing he's your father, then there is a father, etc. TOO MUCH WITH THE FATHERS. I believe that the point was made in EP1 when they said there wasn't a father of Anakin. It gives the closure that the public needs, and also gives the aire of mystery that everyone loves. When someone brings religion into the picture, (like I think I saw in an earlier post), I thing that it's going a bit too far. Christianity has no place in the Star Wars universe, and people going to see the movies will recognize that.

-D. Lobkowicz

_____________________-
It's easy for some people to keep their heads above water, empty things float.

BrianDavion
27 October 2002, 01:04 PM
funny GL seemed to think other wise. the virgin birth is right outta christian mythology.

D. Lobkowicz
27 October 2002, 01:54 PM
I think maybe I wasn't clear enough -

You're right, virgin birth is straight out of Christianity. The point that I was trying to make is that comparing the happenings of the SW universe to religion seems kinda out of place to me. No, maybe that's too broad as well.... what I mean is that comparing what happened in EP1 to the birth of Christ and saying it's cop out seems kinda harsh, because throughout literary history themes and events have been repeated with substitution of characters and places. I think the fact that this particular event is out of religion is just circumstance, and that overall religion has little to no relation with Star Wars. I think Lucas did a pretty good job of explaining it with the midichlorians and leaving the deity (unless you want to think of the midichlorians as a deity) out of the picture.

Guess I was kinda outta line on that last post, sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes.

-D. Lobkowicz

Krad-edis
27 October 2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Krad-edis
I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, or make anyone mad, but I think the "divine birth" is a cop out. It leaves everything unexplained (except, everything is mystical, so just accept it), and for anyone who is Christian, we have heard this all before. I don't want to see the Star Wars Saga end with the comparison of Jesus to Anakin Skywalker in any way.

When someone brings religion into the picture, (like I think I saw in an earlier post), I thing that it's going a bit too far. Christianity has no place in the Star Wars universe, and people going to see the movies will recognize that.

Sorry, it was me. Opinions will conflict, but I will still keep to what I said before. The mystical "virgin birth" is from something that is even more well heard of than Star Wars. It has been done before, and when you look at, it does not explain jack sh*t to anyone about anything. All we know is that Anakin appeared.....not much really on how. There is no closure. It is all very mysterious, and I feel it is very cleverly done so to avoid anything more.

Coming up with a real explanation other than "well, we don't really know" and explaining things in depth, I feel , brings closure. I doubt there will be closure, just like on Palpatine's origins and Sith training and on Yoda's species.

Sorry again for stepping on anyone's toes. I don't like to really debate about religion, war and politics, but the virgin birth in Star Wars IMHO, is beyond lame. We are all looking for answers, and I am hoping for something better than what appears to be a way to avoid further back stories on the origin of Skywalkers.

Reverend Strone
27 October 2002, 11:56 PM
Looks like you guys have sorted this out before I got here, and I applaud that, but lets go easy from here on in folks. We're treading on dangerous ground with this discussion, and I won't hesitate to shut it down if it looks like people becoming disrespectful towards one and other's belief systems.

Again, thanks for reigning it in on your own. Good to know we have folks of high social calibre here, but please be careful how you go from now.

Thanks team.

Big_bro_k
21 November 2002, 03:36 PM
There was a book written back the 1970 shortly after the movie New Hope was released in theaters and before EPS was released. And the whole book was how this guy thought Lucas took most of the story line from the christian belief system it has been a while since I read it and I can't find my copy so I can't quote any of it or give you more detials. I don't even remeber the title. It was something like the power behind the force.

mojo1701
21 November 2002, 04:01 PM
Draw your own conclusions from these:

1. If you would be so kind as to look into p. 314 of the Revised Core Rulebook, class, under the section of Count Dooku, it says in there:
...he suspects that the prophesied "one who would bring balance to the Force" is not some tow-headed child from Tatooine, but a seasoned philosopher... someone like himself.

2. My little brother who has only limited knowledge of the Force, by listening in on the sessions I run, seems to think that Palpatine was able to conceive Anakin with Shmi through the force....

As I said, draw your own conclusions....

Arcome
18 December 2002, 11:13 AM
If that's true then Lucas has fallen off his rocker. He needs to go back to the retirement home before star wars is destroyed for everyone. Anakin is suppose to be created by the force, "the one that willl bring balance" and all that. Lucas might as well give Han Solo the force if he really wants to make it lame. While he is at it, he should have Luke die from a lucky shot from a stormtrooper, and Boba Fett slip in the shower and break his neck. Then Leia would admit that the twins are actually Luke's, or Chewbacca's, or even Yoda's.

Shh I think I hear something...nevermind, I forgot that Lucas didn't have any marbles left in his head to make any sound.

I apoligize for anything I have said here that might have offened anyone. It was all in good humor. I'm sure my rating will drop another point before the end of the day though.

Jaggard
21 December 2002, 01:40 PM
I take Shmis explination to be more in line with things said by those involved in adoptions. The parents are those who raise you. So in that sense there is no father. I've said a lot of the Sidious and Dooku stuff. But what if this is like a Dune thing. Sidi or some other sith before set in motion a plan to breed the ultimate sith. Secret impregnations wouldn't be too hard in a setting where planets can be blown up and light sabers are possible. but I still like my other theory better.
Shmi was a slave not yet on Tatooine when she concieved Anakin. and About the same time acourding to Open Season comics so was Jango Fett. I still say that this would tie up some things. The whole saga is about not Just anakin but the whole family including the clone armies, they change the galaxy. They all have a thing for intimidating armor. They all have semi-tragic lives and fell on darker paths (bounty hunters aren't evil) and just think of the irony of Anakin fighting in the arena while Daddy is beheaded by another Jedi and the jedi are saved at the last minute by hoards of uncle/brothers. Then Boba and Vader working together in the future only to both be defeated by another relative in Luke skywalker, Liea and co.
The family that shaped the universe. Wow I never fully appreciated the complexity of this concept of mine. I should write up a story about it. Maybe I'll use it in my ideas for scripts (that probably won't ever make it to a fan series, lego or live action) starting with draft 2 of Starwars as writen by Lucas with tinkering to get it to meld with ESB and RotJ drafts, then mangle the prequels to fit toss in some really cool what if's story lines and a bunch of Blooper/spoofs at the end that I've thought of and wal-la a spiffy new take on his original ideas. MMMMM dream job.

Reverend Strone
21 December 2002, 03:18 PM
What a wonderful idea Jaggard. I love that, though I find it hard to imagine Shmi and Fett as a couple. I doubt that was Lucas's original idea, but it is a fantastic story.