PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu all over again

Bombaatu
14 October 2002, 07:09 AM
Yet again, Amazon.com has failed to deliver a WotC product when they said they would - this time the new Arms & Equipment Guide. I have had mine on preorder since August 8th (and a estimated delivery date of Oct 10).

As of Saturday it had still not shipped (surprise, surprise) and I sent them a nasty-gram. They apologized profusely and upgraded my shipping to 2-day - which doesn't do me a bit of good if they don't send the thing to begin with! The new estimated date is now Oct 17 - any bets on whether it will ship *then*? I'm betting no, since their product description still says "Preorder this item" instead of a "usually ships in x days" statement.

I realize that Amazon gives a 30% discount on WotC material and gives the SWRPGNetwork a spiff if a product is ordered thru this site, but I, for one, will *never* order another WotC product from them again. I am tired of the constant frustration.

Moradin - In light of Amazon's performance in this area, I would strongly urge you to see if you can't get the same type of arrangment with Barnes&Nobel, who, by all reports I've heard, does deliver WotC products in a timely manner.

evan hansen
14 October 2002, 08:13 AM
Not that I'm siding with Amazon (I've never even ordered anything from there, I don't think), but I wonder if it's a Wizards supply issue or an Amazon ordering issue.

Though I guess they would have taken care to mention to you it if they thought it to be someone else's fault.

Hell, complain again and see if you can get another discount. ;-)

LiquidSaber
14 October 2002, 08:15 AM
I agree a 100% with you Bombaatu. I remember when I pre-ordered my RCR book through Amazon a couple weeks in advance and stil got it a week late. My players all had RCRs before I did!! Man was I steamed. Pre-order shmeeorder.

It's a bit frustrating to be itching to get something only to see it in the stores a week before you get it. I sympathize man. This time I leanred my lesson and bought the A&EGuide at a local shop when they got it in on saturday.

Amazon needs to better inform when shipping dates will be for a pre-order...

Kobayashi_Maru
15 October 2002, 08:23 AM
That is one of the main reasons I support my local game shop.
Screw Amazon!!!

Ravager_of_worlds
17 October 2002, 06:50 AM
alas,

checking my account for several days
never to find my product it says
to arrive at my mailbox a week ago
and i without my book, so
without my A&E guide to help me along
i'll strike the the great amazon gong.

thank you thank, this poem would not have been possible without the negligent people at Amazon.

Bombaatu
23 October 2002, 06:43 PM
If anyone took the bet that it would be here by the 17th like Amazon's Customer Service said, you lost - pm me and I'll tell you where to send the cash ;)

I've just sent my 3rd nasty-gram to these people - has anyone received their book from Amazon yet???

Ardent
23 October 2002, 07:06 PM
Mine is actually en route.

Ris
25 October 2002, 02:07 AM
I didn't order mine online, I was waiting for it to show up at Waldenbooks & it didn't get to the ones I've been to until this week. Which is unusual--usually they have things out on the release date, if not the day before. So maybe it's actually not Amazon's fault for once. (Stranger things have happened)

BTw, the main reason I don't go through Amazon, is I've read so many "My book isn't here!" posts, so you are doing me a favor by brining this up.

Wedge in Red2
25 October 2002, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by LiquidSaber
I agree a 100% with you Bombaatu. I remember when I pre-ordered my RCR book through Amazon a couple weeks in advance and stil got it a week late.

Yeah, I seem to remember having this conversation with you at that time, Liquidsaber. My RCR was delayed too. However, when I ordered some Star Wars paperbacks from Amazon recently, they arrived the first day in the range Amazon had indicated. It may just be their RPG books which are slow.

Hang in there, Bombaatu, I feel your pain :(.

Jon

Bombaatu
26 October 2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Wedge in Red 2
Hang in there, Bombaatu, I feel your pain .

Well, on the 22nd (one week after their revised ship date), I send yet a 3rd email complaining about the delay. Later that day I noticed that the estimated ship date had been pushed to the 26th, with delivery around the 28th. I finally had enough - the order was cancelled and I bought the book locally.

Moridin, I restate my position: I know you get a spiff on every book sold by Amazon thru this site, but in light of their horrendous performance, you should seriously consider getting this arrangement with another company, such as B&N, which does not have an abysmal record delivering WotC products in a timely manner. I would love to continue supporting this site, but not if I have to wait weeks after a book is released to receive it.