PDA

View Full Version : Dark Empire Infinities

Darien_Shadowfyre
14 October 2002, 10:24 PM
I'm going to start posting information on my alternate EU setting starting from the end of Dark Empire I, as a few people I've spoken to have requested, however I need two things:

1) an actual creative title to call the campaign other than the above header

2) which forum should this go under, if not this one?

Originally posted by Darien_Shadowfyre
I'm in the process of reviving and revamping an old campaign from my D6 days. The premise was this: the Emperor died consumed by his own Force Storm above Da Soocha. Executor Sedriss became obsessed with finding a way to revive the Empire under the Sith and resorted to a last desparate measure. Sedriss had located one of the Emperor's treasure troves (a la Mount Tantiss) and arranged to have a special clone of Darth Vader made. This Vader, since his memory tapes were not even remotely intact or up to date, much less being a true life essence transfer, had to be carefully constructed. The new Darth Vader had no traces of Anakin Skywalker within him, and had loyalty to the Empire practically hard-wired into him. What Sedriss did not realize was that loyalty to the Empire did not mean loyalty to Sedriss. Vader killed Sedriss and took over the dying Empire.

Vader was wise enough to see that even he could not restore the Empire single-handledly and went on a expedition across the galaxy to locate more of the Emperor's storehouses, all the while, slowly harassing the New Republic. After months of searching (in which he was being harassed and hindered by the PCs), he found his goal, the Hand of Thrawn. Vader revived the nascent clone of the Grand Admiral, and put him in charge of the re-united Imperial Navy.

There's more to it, but that was enough to hopefully head off the obvious questions of what I'm talking about. :)

Marusame
14 October 2002, 10:38 PM
better than what a GM of mine pulled.

Thrawn WAS Boba Fett.... and vice versa.

Don't ask, for gods sake.

Zanus
15 October 2002, 07:38 AM
That sounds like a short story I read (I think in Tales of the New Republic, or maybe the Rebellion) where Thrawn impersonated that one Boba Fett look alike bounty hunter.

Darien_Shadowfyre: that sounds pretty interesting, but might it be better to have Clone Vader 1) not be totally like the originall Vader (as in, not needing the enviro-suit) with maybe a little more power because he is more flesh, but less able to control it since he is a clone. 2) keep Sedriss around as his own apprentice (either used the force to control him just enough to make him loyal, or what have you. I think Sedriss might actually be intelligent enough, and loyal enough to the Empire to turn over control of the Empire to Vader instead of trying to control Vader. Heck, even after the Emperor 'died' over Da Soocha, Sedriss was still working in the Emperors name). I say this because I think Clone Vader would be able (or care enough) to try and take over all the nuances of controlling the Empire and would need someone he could trust to some degree to help manage things. Clone Thrawn would have his own things to deal with, not to mention Vader will need someone in the mean time. The other Dark Jedi are forfeit, of coarse B)

What about "Return to Darkness" as a title?

anyway, just my thoughts as a Dark Empire fan. Hope to see more of your campaign design

BrianDavion
15 October 2002, 11:12 AM
why clone vader? why note instead geneticly engineer a uniquely powerful dark side warrrior

Lord Diggori
15 October 2002, 02:07 PM
I like this premise alot.

As a title, considering who the stars are, famous Imperial leaders Thrawn and Vader, I'd call it something like: Servants of the Old Order or just Servants of Order or Order's Servants.

One question I have is why would the clone need an envirosuit? Is he just using the armor to intimidate or remind people of his predessesor's fame? I could see that.

Given that this a Campaign post I think you're in the right forum. There maybe others devoted to original fiction though.

Darien_Shadowfyre
15 October 2002, 09:58 PM
Return to Darkness!!!!!
I like it!!!!
And of course the Imperial March (aka Vader's Theme) from Episode II soundtrack decides to kick in while I type this. Its the Will of the Force...

Actually the new Lord Vader IS NOT the original Vader. It IS him genetically, but his personality is different. His memory is constructed and edited from memory tapes, but much of his life as Anakin was omitted & edited intentionally by the cloners to keep his betrayal from happening again. I've ruled that some memory is in fact genetic and that he does get periodic flashes. Bascially redemption is technically still possible, but I intend it more as a means of driving and tormenting Vader. He does not possess the soul/Force essence/whatever of Anakin Skywalker though. In fact, Anakin will appear to Luke in an erratic, almost "jammed" vision, warning him of what is to come.

Vader does also not wear the enviro suit. What he does wear is a modified flight suit/battle armor MODELED after the original suit. He wears it on missions in battle for intimidation and recognition factors. As mentioned above, it also doubles as his flight suit for his special Tie Defender.

Darien_Shadowfyre
15 October 2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by BrianDavion
why clone vader? why note instead geneticly engineer a uniquely powerful dark side warrrior

I'd like to claim some grand over-whelming idea that requires Vader, but mostly I'm just a drooling fanboy of the One True Dark Lord of the Sith, and want to give him more screentime. :)

Marusame
16 October 2002, 07:50 AM
His memory is constructed and edited from memory tapes, but much of his life as Anakin was omitted & edited intentionally by the cloners to keep his betrayal from happening again.

I thought that the Imps blamed what happened on Luke to avoid tarnishing their Empire by admitting (even to themselves) what Vader did...

Zanus
16 October 2002, 06:31 PM
That doesn't necessarily mean that Sedriss didn't know what actually happened. Plus there is no real way that the Empire would know what actually happened, nor would most loyal imperial citizens believe the Alliance/NR claims to what really happened, since it is one mans word (Lukes). Heck, for all the main part of the Empire knew, the propaganda that Palpy had destroyed the second Death Star himself to keep the Rebels from using was true (ala Wedges Gamble). Even to this day EVERYONE has some misconception about how some event really happened, simply because one side or another, or some individual along the way, decided to rewrite history to their own ends, even if it was the order of events or the names involved. It's just one of those things.

Anyway, the campaign looks like it will be very interesting to play through. Keep us appraised of what happens, Darien_Shadowfyre

Darien_Shadowfyre
22 October 2002, 10:19 PM
Darth Vader: Adult Male Human, Jedi Guardian 11/Sith Lord 7; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Def 26 (+3 Dex, +13 Class); Spd 8m (Armor); VP/WP 197/17; Atk +18/+13/+8/+3 melee * (6d8+2, crit 19-20, Lightsaber), +20/+15/+10/+5 melee (1d3+2, punch), +21/+16/+11/+6 ranged (by weapon); SQ Vergence in the Force*, Dark Side, Deflect (Attack -1, Block, Defense +4, Extend Defense and Attack), Increase Lightsaber damage +4d8, Minions, Resource Access; SV Fort +15, Ref +15, Will +11; SZ M; FP: 10; DSPs: 16; Rep: +15; Str 14, Dex 16, Con 17, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 14.

Equipment: Dark Battle armor [Padded] (Damage Reduction: 5)**, Lightsaber***
*** Darth Vader has constructed his own Lightsaber.

Skills: Balance +2, Climb -2, Computer Use +7, Craft (lightsaber) +7, Diplomacy +5, Escape Artist -1, Gather Information +6, Hide -1, Intimidate +10, Jump +0, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +7, Knowledge (Sith lore) +11, Move Silently -1, Pilot +10, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Sith, Sense Motive +7, Speak Basic, Speak Sith, Swim -2, Tumble +3

Force Skills: Affect Mind +16, Battlemind +23, Drain Energy +13, Enhance Ability +16, Enhance Senses +12, Farseeing +12, Fear +17, Force Defense +18, Force Grip +27, Force Light -1, Force Lightning +17, Force Stealth +16, Force Strike +16, Heal Another -1, Heal Self +10, Move Object +19, Plant Surge +1, See Force +15, Telepathy +12

Feats: Cleave, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Infamy, Power Attack, Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Starship Point Blank Shot (starfighter), Weapon Finesse (Lightsaber), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons, vibro weapons)

Force Feats: Alter, Burst of Speed, Control, Dissipate Energy, Force Whirlwind, Knight Defense, Lightsaber Defense, Malevolant, Master Defense, Mettle, Rage, Sense

Notes: Darth Vader is actually a clone of Anakin Skywalker, created at the behest of Executor Sedriss after the Reborn Emperor's death over the moon of Da Soocha. Sedriss, desparate for a new leader to reunite the Empire, searched the wreckage of the clone labs of Byss and found several additional DNA samples, among these was of the treacherous Lord Darth Vader.

Sedriss realized that only a Sith Lord would have the knowledge and power to reunite the Empire. As a student of the Emperor's rise to power, he knew exactly where to go. He took Vader's cell samples and memory tapes to the world of Kamino and ordered them to create a very special copy of Lord Vader. The Kaminoans purged as much of Anakin Skywalker from the memory tapes as possible, and instilled loyalty to the Empire, ensuring that his betrayal would not repeat itself. The Kaminoans agreed, eager to try their techniques on a Force-sensitive individual.

The resurrected Dark Lord knew of himself as Anakin Skywalker in only the barest of senses, and his relationship to his son is that of bitter hatred for causing his demise (or so he was told). Vader seeks to rekindle not only his own vision of the Empire, but of a new Dark Brotherhood, not of Sith, but of a new order that would challenge even his prodigal son's precious Jedi Praxeum.

* Vergence in the Force
- +6 bonus to all Force skill checks, and +1d6 when spending a Force Point.
- Gains Force-sensitive feat for free, and character level counts as Force-user level for purposes of max ranks in Force skills and for qualifying for Force feats

** Vader's armor is actually a flight suit modelled after his life support armor. He realizes the terror he inspired, and seeks to recapture much of his old fear. In addition to acting as a fully functional flight suit (when sealed with helmet), the armor is laced with cortosis weave, giving Vader a surprising edge over any Jedi he may face. It deactivates any lightsaber that strikes it.

Don't blame me for Vergence in the Force, I got it from Donovan's House Rules v3.15 :D

Darien_Shadowfyre
22 October 2002, 10:25 PM
The Sovereign

A less powerful design of the Eclipse-class has been created
named the Sovereign-class (it still overwhelms the original
Super Star Destroyer design). The Emperor envisioned a fleet
of these vessls. The first of the line, the Sovereign,
was completed after the clone Emperor's demise. The clone of
Lord Darth Vader has taken it as his command ship. He decomissioned the plans for more of this class, as he desired the Empire's resources devoted to less wasteful projects, making the Sovereign the only ship of its kind.

Unlike the Eclipse, the Sovereign only carries 35 squadrons of
TIE Interceptors and five of Bombers. it carries only 75
AT-AT vehicles.

Craft: Kuat Drive Yards' Sovereign-class Super Star Destroyer
Class: Capital (Space Station)
Cost: Not available for sale
Size: Colossal (15,000 meters)
Crew : 605,745 (Expert +8)
Passengers: 130,100 troops
Cargo Capacity: 400,000 metric tons
Consumables: 10 years
Hyperdirve: x3 (Backup x8)
Maximum Speed: Cruising
Defense: 12 (-8 Size; +10 Armor)
Shield Points: 800
Hull Points: 1100
DR: 30

Weapons:
Axial Superlaser
Fire Arc: Front
Attack Bonus:
Damage: Special*
Range Modifiers: PB -6, S -4, L +0
*A Superlaser does not do standard damage. Anything hit by it is considered instantly
destroyed. A Superlaser can only target sizes of Colossal or larger. Can only fire once
per day

500 heavy laser cannons
Fire Arc: 50 batteries front/port, 50 batteries front/starboard
Attack Bonus: +8 (-8 size, +8 crew, +4 battery fire, +4 fire control)
Damage: 8d10x5
Range Modifiers: PB -6, S -4, M -2, L +0

500 Turbolaser batteries
Fire Arc: 40 batteries front/port, 40 batteries front/starboard, 20 batteries back
Attack Bonus: +12 (-8 size, +8 crew, +4 battery fire, +8 fire control)
Damage: 5d10x5
Range Modifiers: PB -6, S -4, M -2, L +0

75 Ion Cannons
Fire Arc: 5 batteries front, 5 batteries left, 5 batteries right, 5 batteries back
Attack Bonus: +9 (-8 size, +8 crew, +4 battery fire, +5 fire control)
Damage: special
Range Modifiers: PB -6, S -4, M -2, L n/a

100 Tractor Beam Projectors
Fire Arc: 55f/20r/20l/5b
Attack Bonus: +8 (-8 size, +8 crew, +8 fire control)
Damage: Special
Range Modifiers: PB -6, S -4, M/L n/a

5 Gravity Well Projectors
Fire Arc: 3 front, 1 right, 1 left
Attack Bonus: +8 (-8 size, +8 crew, +8 fire control)
Damage: Special
Range Modifiers: PB -6, S -4, M/L n/a

Darien_Shadowfyre
4 November 2002, 11:20 PM
Luke Skywalker: Adult Male Human, Fringer 2/Jedi Guardian 11/Jedi Master 1; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Def 24 (+3 Dex, +11 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 115/13; Atk +12/+7/+2 or +8/+8/+3/-2 ranged (3d6, Blaster [Pistol]), +15/+10/+5 melee (1d3+2, punch), +17/+12/+7 melee * (4d8+3, crit 19-20, Lightsaber [Mastercraft +1]); SQ Vergence in the Force, Barter, Deflect (Attack -3, Block, Defense +2, Extend Defense and Attack), Force Secret (Force Defense), Fringer bonus class skill (Repair), Increase Lightsaber damage +2d8; SV Fort +12, Ref +13, Will +9; SZ M; FP: 0; Rep: +7; Str 15, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 13.

Equipment: Blaster [Pistol], Comlink, Holocron [Jedi], Lightsaber [Mastercraft +1]
* Luke Skywalker has constructed his own Lightsaber.

Skills: Climb +7, Intimidate +4, Jump +9, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +8, Knowledge (World lore) +7, Listen +3, Pilot +14, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Huttese, Read/Write Jawa Trade Language, Repair +8, Search +7, Speak Basic, Speak Huttese, Speak Jawa Trade Language, Spot +7, Survival +7, Tumble +6

Force Skills: Affect Mind +11, Battlemind +14, Empathy +12, Enhance Ability +13, Farseeing +11, Fear +13, Force Defense +11, Force Stealth +11, Force Strike +11, Heal Another +8, Heal Self +11, Move Object +11, See Force +16, Telepathy +12

Feats: Acrobatic, Combat Reflexes, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Fame, Force-Sensitive, Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Spacer, Starship Point Blank Shot (starfighter), Weapon Focus (Lightsaber), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, primitive weapons, simple weapons)

Force Feats: Alter, Attuned, Control, Knight Defense, Lightsaber Defense, Sense

RoyalGuard
5 November 2002, 05:53 AM
Interesting idea, I have had similar but distinct ideas (see my alternate reality thread), some questions just off the top of my head;

Vader is cool, but Vader doesn't have to be Anakin... I think it is believable that Sedriss would construct a hybrid, using Anakin's original DNA for physical profile, but imprinting the clone with selected Palpatine memory tapes to give the new Vader all of the dark powers of Palpatine. Also I think Sedriss would be smart enough to put a fail safe of some sort in, an inbuilt genetic imperative to obey him for example?

Also consider the possibility that the clones may have been sabotaged (after copius bribes from Carnor Jax) putting a defect in the new Vader.

STATS - why hasn't Vader traded in JG levels for Sith Warrior ones?

I like the Thrawn revivial idea, you hate your PCs don't you, go on, admit it!

Ardent
5 November 2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by RoyalGuard

Because he's still Anakin Skywalker and Anakin Skywaker is still a Jedi Knight. ;) There is good in him.

Darien_Shadowfyre
5 November 2002, 08:26 AM

Honestly, because I didn't think of it. :)

Also I think Sedriss would be smart enough to put a fail safe of some sort in, an inbuilt genetic imperative to obey him for example?

Sedriss had the Kaminoans instill loyalty to the Empire, not to Sedriss himself. The whole point is that Sedriss doesn't feel competent enough to rule the Empire, and with Palpatine destroyed, Vader is the last best choice, as long as a few "precautions" are taken.

As for making him part, Palpatine, I can't see Pally leaving memory tapes since he was doing the full spirit transfer bit. It would be unnecessary. And he wouldn't want to risk having to fight multiples of himself a la Dr Doom.

Darien_Shadowfyre
5 November 2002, 10:11 AM

Actually that was a good idea. Here you go. >:) I have just one question, when you trade in levels, do you get those Sith Warrior bonus feats IN ADDITION to the old Jedi Guardian feats? Or do you just calculate the difference between the number of feats and give extra ones if available? I built this Vader under that assumption, and fixed a few errors.

Darth Vader: Adult Male Human, Jedi Guardian 1/Sith Warrior 10/Sith Lord 7; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Def 26 (+3 Dex, +13 Class); Spd 8m (Armor); VP/WP 197/17; Atk +22/+17/+12/+7 melee * (7d8+2, crit 19-20, Lightsaber), +21/+16/+11/+6 melee (1d6+2, crit 20, punch), 22/+17/+12/+7 ranged (by weapon); SQ Vergence in the Force, Dark Side, Deflect (Attack -1, Block, Defense +4, Extend Defense and Attack), Increase Lightsaber damage +5d8, Uncanny Dodge (Dex & Flanking), Enemy Bonus (Jedi) +3, Minions, Resource Access; SV Fort +16, Ref +15, Will +13; SZ M; FP: 10; DSPs: 16; Rep: +17; Str 14, Dex 16, Con 17, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 14.

Equipment: Dark Battle armor [Padded] (Damage Reduction: 5)**, Lightsaber
* Darth Vader has constructed his own Lightsaber.

Skills: Balance +2, Climb -2, Computer Use +7, Craft (lightsaber) +7, Diplomacy +5, Escape Artist -1, Gather Information +6, Hide -1, Intimidate +10, Jump +0, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +7, Knowledge (Sith lore) +11, Move Silently -1, Pilot +10, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Sith, Sense Motive +7, Speak Basic, Speak Sith, Swim -2, Tumble +3

Force Skills: Affect Mind +16, Battlemind +23, Drain Energy +13, Enhance Ability +16, Enhance Senses +12, Farseeing +12, Fear +17, Force Defense +18, Force Grip +27, Force Light -1, Force Lightning +17, Force Stealth +16, Force Strike +16, Heal Another -1, Heal Self +10, Move Object +19, Plant Surge +1, See Force +15, Telepathy +12

Feats: Ambidexterity, Cleave, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Frightful Presence, Force-Sensitive, Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Martial Arts, Power Attack, Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Starship Operations (starfighter), Two Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse (Lightsaber), Weapon Focus (Lightsaber), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons, vibro weapons)

Force Feats: Alter, Burst of Speed, Control, Dissipate Energy, Force Whirlwind, Knight Defense, Lightsaber Defense, Malevolant, Master Defense, Mettle, Rage, Sense

Ardent
5 November 2002, 10:21 AM
Hey Darien, slight off topic but...have you taken a look at my Revised Naval Officer PrC for Thrawn yet? I'm curious if you think it does him justice. ;)

I already know Axius thinks it's good, and I know I'm going to see first hand just how powerful it makes Admiral Daala (mutter, mutter)...but I was wondering about your take on it, especially in light of the fact you're going to be employing the Grand Admiral against your erstwhile players (and I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing how fearsome he is first-hand sometime soon too). ;)

There should be rules against using my own stats against me..

Lord Kjeran
6 November 2002, 06:56 AM
Chello!

Great idea and work up! I thing though, since's he's clone, shouldn't his name be "Vaader"? ;)

Tony

RoyalGuard
6 November 2002, 08:37 AM
I have just one question, when you trade in levels, do you get those Sith Warrior bonus feats IN ADDITION to the old Jedi Guardian feats?

When you trade in levels there are several restrictions:

1 - you cannot trade in so many levels that you lose the prerequisites for the prestige class you wish to gain levels in, i.e. you cannot trade in the levels that you gained control, sense and alter in.

2 - When you trade levels, you lose all of the feats and special abilites associated with those levels, as well as base attack bonuses, save bonuses, reputation and defence.

3 - Your skill ranks, force and dark side points remain unchanged.

4 - You then gain all of the feats, special abilities and class bonuses associated with the new levels.

In addition don't use the Dark Side book! Use the revised adobe web supplement that brings the Sith PrCs into line with the RCR. If you want I can e-mail to you.

Also Lord Kjeran is right, all Hail Lord Vaader!

Rogue Janson
6 November 2002, 12:29 PM
If you cloned anakin would the clone also be a vergence in the force?
(although for that matter, what the hell is a vergence in the force?)

Talon Razor 'GM'
6 November 2002, 12:42 PM
vergence = Virgin Birth

Darien_Shadowfyre
7 November 2002, 10:01 PM
Well the campaign began this Tuesday night and did it go wilder than expected!!!

First of all the party.
1 - Female Near Human Force Sensitive Scoundrel (no knowledge of being force-sensitiver, just "lucky" and "charismatic")

1 - Male Human Jedi Guardian trained at Yavin IV as part of the first class

1 - Male Human Soldier/Jedi Guardian who just started his training.

1 - Male Human Jedi Guardian from the days of the Old Republic. He's actually a character I killed through a bad rules decision on my part in my Episode II era game, so I ruled Palpatine found him barely alived, slapped him in bact THEN froze him in carbonite and kept him as a wall trophy on Byss. Luke found him when he was the Emperor's lackey, and freed him when he helped Han & Leia escape.

This has the interesting bit that Gunn, the PC, knew and worked with Anakin and Obi-wan back in the day (they were regular NPCs in my old game) and Luke & Leia now know a fair bit about their father and mother.

Well Luke was visited by a vision of his father in a dream, warning him of a grave danger to come, but the dream was unclear, and he could barely make out a word. "Kamino." Luke can't leave Yavin now, something is killing his students, Gantoris, and is corrupting Kyp & Brakiss. So he sends his students to investigate. As a favor, Mara hooks them up with transportation through an old contact of hers, enter Wa-len, the Scoundrel.

The archives have no knowledge of Kamino, so they travel to Nar Shaddaa to find someone who may have heard of it. After plying lots of money and avoiding lots of fights, they track down the rough coordinates. However when they reach Kamino, they find a LARGE imperial fleet surrounding the system. They are pulled and boarded and manage to bluff the Imperial captain that they are doing research into the Clone Wars. They are allowed to pass (a decision for which the officer dies shortly thereafterwards).

After being greeted, they nose around and find one of the main cloning facilities. They see lots of black armored stormtroopers and overhear Executor Sedriss ordering guard to find and locate the intruders. They also overhear Sedriss talking with the Kaminon Genegineer about their newest creation. They try and get away but wind up getting lost and doubling back, and watching their new creation practice fighting multiple remotes with a lightsaber. Gunn instantly recognizes him as Anakin Skywalker. A Royal Guard flanking Sedriss spots them. A battle ensues, and 1 round and 2 crits later, Sedriss and one Royal Guard lie dead, smashed back through the window and into the training area.

Gunn looks down and calls out "Anakin!" The clone stops, looks confused for a second, and then looks at Sedriss' body. Vader had been programmed with loyalty to both the Empire & Sedriss and is now... angry. He grabs Sedriss' lightsaber and force jumps up to the damaged window. At this point the PCs run screaming like little girls. They manage to make it back to their ship and rocket off right as Vader comes stalking out the door after them.

They manage to burst past the Imperial Fleet but sustain heavy damage. Bothawui is the closest Republic aligned world so they decide to head there for repairs, thinking it'll be safe. A few hours later, an Imperial Fleet consisting of the Sovereign, 2 Executor-class SSDs, and 15 ISD2s drop out of hyperspace around Bothawui. Vader announces his return and demands the PCs turned over to him in 2 standard hours (he knows the Republic wil take time to amass a fleet large enough to threaten his).

The PCs abandon their ship and steal another one to avoid capture. They then fly beneath the planetary shield trying to get further lost. As the 2 hours expire at this point, Vader fires the Superlaser aboard the Sovereign, devastating the planetary shield and laying waste to the main continent of Bothawui, including the capital. The PCs barely manage to crash land safely. They spend the next day repairing their ship, so when the New Republic 3rd Fleet arrives, they use the ensuing battle to cover their escape.

Unfortunately, Vader is obsessed with their capture, as he wants to know who the young man was who called out to him, and why the name Anakin gave him such odd memory flashes. The Sovereign's highly skilled scanning crews detect their escape and Vader sets after them. The PCs decide to flee to Tatooine to make final repairs. Knowing their general heading, Vader disperses his fleet to search that sector, but not before taking one last shot at Bothawui for spite, leaving the Bothan homeworld all but lifeless.

They spend a couple days on Tatooine, but when an Imperial Star Destroyer comes out of hyperspace they take their partially repaired ship and take a roundabout route back to Coruscant, where they report to Luke and Leia that the person claiming to be Darth Vader at Bothawui actually IS a clone of their father, and that he rules the Imperial Remnant now, with an iron fist.

Thus endeth the first part. :)

Ardent
8 November 2002, 07:39 AM
More things should have blown up. Other than that, sounds like a really cool start to a campaign, Darien.

Talon Razor 'GM'
8 November 2002, 10:22 AM
More things should have blown up

Hah! Sounds like the start to my campaign were mayhem and destruction went on for 2 and 1/2 hours!

Sounds good, Shadowfyre Those poor Bothans! lol. A really intersing campaign. I am going to have to do a infintie campaign sometime.

Ardent
8 November 2002, 10:29 AM
I base this on a simple fact: blowing stuff up keeps players in the game. ;)

Heck, our Rebellion Era campaign was named "Collateral Damage" for a reason.

Darien_Shadowfyre
15 November 2002, 01:09 AM
Well things got more interesting this week, if not entirely plot-relevant. Our resident Old Republic survivor wanted to go see the old Jedi Temple. I decided the Emperor turned it into the Museum of Imperial History, devoted to the Empire's rise to glory, and had entire sections devoted to the corruption and destruction of the Jedi. As he explored, he noticed the turbolift system did not access much of the ziggurat, so he called up Wa-lenn, the scoundrel, who brought the rest of the gang along on a little B-n-E expedition. They hacked their way into the turbolift system, though only barely.

A few sudden drops later, the begin to explore the rest of the old temple. The discover some of the old residence levels, some training levels, and even one of the main hangars. Much of the temple was picked clean by the Emperor's cronies, but a few things remained, such as a few Delta-7 Aethersprites and a couple hyperdrive rings in need of repair. :) After several hours of searching then unknowingly trigger some of the Emperor's traps, left for anyone foolish enough to penetrate this far. When the PCs locate the Special Collections archive and find several old Sith artifacts, they are attacked by a group of 4 highly modified assassin droids. After a harrowing battle, they destroy the droids.

Gunn, the Old Republic Jedi, fools with a Sith Holocron, and realizes his danger, throws it away. The Kel Dor Jedi tries to catch it, and winds up crushing it. The now-freed spirits in the Holocron now possess him, and a battle royale ensues. Gunn is nearly killed, though the resurrected Dark Lord dies in the process under the blade the Soldier & the blaster of the Scoundrel. Gunn is taken to a bacta tank posthaste, and Master Skywalker is informed of what they've discovered. Luke now plans to propose to re-open the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, instead of founding an academy on Yavin 4 (narrowly averitng the KJA novels YAY!!!!!!!). Also armed with Gunn's knowledge of where the Jedi Order and the Old Republic went wrong, he is consultation with Mon Mothma and Leia to correct the mistakes fo the old system. (thereby averting the REST of the really bad NRE novels YAY!!!!!! dont' you just love alternate timelines? :) I did have to apologize to the Kel Dor's player. This is the second time IN A ROW he's been turned evil and killed in the second session of a new campaign. Course if he'd stop doing stupid stuf....)