PDA

View Full Version : Question on Agents of Chaos

Wade Trenor
15 October 2002, 07:47 PM
I am GM of a small campaign set in the NJO era, where the adventures have been occuring on Kashyyyk. I have only read part of Vector Prime, but the campaign I am leading has advanced past that by a year, suggesting the game is sometime between Agents of Chaos and Balance Point.

I've read through the first few chapters of the NJO Sourcebook to see what changes have occurred in the galaxy, and I saw that Kashyyyk was taken by the Yuuzhan Vong sometime during the Agents of Chaos duology.

What I'd like to find out is:

1) when during the duology did this occur?

2) how long and bloody was the battle?

3) what has happened to the Wookies?

Ardent
16 October 2002, 08:29 AM
There have been a few continuity errors and this may be just another, Wade. As far as I can tell, Kashyyyk was never attacked or captured as of Destiny's Way.

This might be a question to pose to JD, as it sounds like another error in the NJO sourcebook.

reliant
16 October 2002, 08:56 AM
If I remember correctly, Kashyyk hasn't been attacked yet.

IMHO, the Vong probably have left it alone because of its lack of technology or military value.

Nova Spice
16 October 2002, 03:32 PM
Star Wars Gamer #4 answered this quite well and Destiny's Way served to back up the theory. Kashyyyk and the Wookiees presented a very real threat to the Vong and since many of the Vong scouts had been killed when scouting around, they just bypassed it since they were at the time, pushing into the Core and Kashyyyk was not of importance. Kashyyyk has not been attacked by the Vong and remains a lone island in a sea of Vong-filled worlds. :(

Wade Trenor
17 October 2002, 01:40 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. My players and I were hoping to stick with the stories presented in the novels, and the fact Kashyyyk was left more or less untouched means that the stories I wanted to tell are still available. :)

Nova Spice
17 October 2002, 03:29 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. My players and I were hoping to stick with the stories presented in the novels, and the fact Kashyyyk was left more or less untouched means that the stories I wanted to tell are still available.

Glad your plans are still available to you Wade, and I wanted to also mention that when (or if) your PCs reach Destiny's Way, Kashyyyk has a pretty prominent role in the series. If you'd like, I'd be happy to inform you in a PM, as I do not want to reveal any spoilers to those that haven't read the book yet. ;)