PDA

View Full Version : Dantari's 'Primitive' trait ....

caesar
19 October 2002, 11:41 PM
Does the penalty apply to the primitive weapons group as well, because it says anything out of the simple weapons group but they are a primitive people! So shouldn't that say anything out of the primitive and simple weapons group?

dragonseye
21 October 2002, 11:31 AM
Well, I'm not certain where to look for the Dantari species description since I was unable to find them in the books I thought they might be listed under. (If you wouldn't mind, could you please post where you found the species?)

As to the primitive trait that is listed under several species including the Ewoks and Mantilion Savrips, there are two different versions. The old core rule books version gave a -4 penalty for using any items or attacking with anything that is technological. With the attacking, I would assume anything not listed under the simple or primitve weapon proficioncies would receive the penalty.

As for the Primitive trait in the Revised core rue book, it says to replace any weapon proficeincies in the heroic classes with the simple and primitive weapon groups. I do not see any mention about penalties to using technological equipment other than weapons, but I assume there still are penalties for doing so.

I will have to assume since I can't find the species in question that they do not receive a penalty while using primitve weapons. (The info about the primitive traits I found listed under the Ewok species of the OCR and the RCR.)

Another thing that you may wish to keep in mind is that if you have questions pertaining to rules (such as this question and the two other questions you asked under the Rumor and Speculation forum) should go to the apropriate game mechanics forum. For example, the questions you asked would be better answered in the D20 Forum. I mention this because you are more likely to get answers to your game mechanics questions if you post it in the appropriate forums. Not to mention you will probably get the ansers you seek in a more timely manner.

I hope this helps you out. :)

Farliner
5 November 2002, 04:50 AM
Dantari species are in the New Jedi Order sourcebook.

dragonseye
5 November 2002, 06:35 AM
Farliner,

Thankyou for the location... I must of missed it when I went through the NJO book.

Ceasar,

This really depends upon how you want to handle the Primitve trait since there are different ways of handling it depending on which of the two core rule books you use. If you're using the RCR book, I would suggest using the Primitive Trait according to the Ewoks species in the RCR.

Otherwise, if you are using the OCR (which NJO was made to be originally compatible with,) then basically the Dantari recieve a penaltyfor using any weapons higherup on the technological scale than simple weapons (ie: Primitive weapons use would not incur a penalty on a Dantari player character.)

I hope this clears it up for you.