PDA

View Full Version : Your newest SWRPGNetwork member

Gaudeamus
20 October 2002, 01:23 PM
A quick hello and introduction from your newest SWRPGNetwork member:

Name: Gaudeamus
Sex: Male
Education: Sophomore, Western Washington University - Political Science Major with Russian Minor
Interests: International Politics (especially Eastern European), Russian Language, Creative World Creation (I'll go into more of this in a minute), Guitar

Now for all of you who are wondering what exactly do I mean when I say creative world creation, it is this: I tend to enjoy creating worlds, systems, governments, economies and cities much more than I enjoy playing in them. I get a thrill generating the structure of a society and letting people play in it. Whether it be a planet whose inhabitants follow the four elements like their gods or a society whose system is nothing but thousands of starships linked together to form a massive space station of sorts, I'll be pumping out ideas for GM's, authors and artists 24/7. I would love to work with some people in designing some worlds for their characters to adventure in, or to perhaps work collaboratively with others to produce some wonderful outcomes. I'm looking forward to getting to know this community well and eagerly await our future creative endeavors.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
20 October 2002, 01:42 PM
Welcome to the HoloNet Gaudeamus!!!!

I'm sure that all of the members here look forward to seeing your worlds.

Jedi_Staailis
20 October 2002, 01:44 PM
Welcome to the Holonet. From what you've posted, you should be right at home. I'm sure that there are members around who would be happy to put stats to what you envision, or help you develop those stat making skills yourself.

Once again, welcome, and have fun!

[Edit] Oops, Frobi beat me to the punch, and posted while I was typing. Sorry for saying essentially the same thing. :)

Gaudeamus
20 October 2002, 02:01 PM
Quite alright :D Going back to my four elements world mentioned above, if anyone is interested in that, I'll gladly flesh out an outline today and work on writing up some chapters for a sourcebook. So far that is my most fleshed-out world at the moment and I'll be able to write the most on it :) Also, if anyone has any ideas that need a creative flare to them, let me know, I would be glad to offer my services!

scottyboy
21 October 2002, 04:44 AM
Hey Gaudeamus! Welcome aboard! Yes, as the other's have already said... I'm sure that your skills as a "creative world creator" will be much appreciated among the community! If you want to PM me, I'd like to ask in your possible assistance for something that I'm currently working on! Thanks.

Wedge in Red2
21 October 2002, 04:57 AM
Echoing what the others have already said, welcome aboard Gaudeamus. I look forward to seeing your stuff, and if I need help with anything like that, I'll know who to call!

Jon

Reverend Strone
21 October 2002, 07:20 PM
Just echoing my esteemed colleagues in offering you a warm welcome Gaudeamus. I reckon you'll fit in just fine around here. I look forward to immersing myself in those worlds of yours. Welcome aboard.:)

Gaudeamus
22 October 2002, 12:51 PM
Thank you all for your warm welcome :D I'll be available mostly in the afternoon/evenings Monday-Thursday, so that will be the best time to reach me. Can't wait to get involved :D

Jan Tolbara
2 November 2002, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the HoloNet, Gaudeamus. I'm sure you will fit right in here.

I couldn't help but notice that you live in Bellingham, WA. It just so happens that I am a short jump from you in south Everett. How often do you venture into the Seattle metroplex?

Gaudeamus
3 November 2002, 04:06 AM
Every once in a while I find myself down in Oz, I just go to college up here and commute through Seattle going home. I actually go through Everett more than Seattle :D