PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think...

wolverine
23 October 2002, 08:38 AM
Who do you think should write the novelization for Ep 3?? And what do you think it should be called?

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
23 October 2002, 09:00 AM
Walter Jon Williams could write while the title could be Rise of the Empire or Fall of the Republic (I've seen a fake script floating around called that).

shadow145
23 October 2002, 09:03 AM
Well, this isn't what I want, but it's what I expect. So far they have had Terry Brooks and RA Salvatore, I expect Robert Jordan to finish it off.

As for the title, this may seem cheesy and unoriginal, but what about "Rise of the Empire"?

Okay, Frobi beat me to the Draw 8o (he's a quick one), but I'm leaving my above comment anyway.

scottyboy
23 October 2002, 10:09 AM
I think that I should write it, and it should be called "The Rise of Scottyboy"!!!:D

No really, I have no idea who should write it. But the title "Rise of the Empire", or maybe "Empire Rising", or "The Fall of the Republic" (Nice one Frobi!). Some thing like one of those. They seem to make the most sense for the chronology of the series.

Faraer
23 October 2002, 10:14 AM
Gene Wolfe.

Jim Williams
23 October 2002, 10:16 AM
The Fall of the Jedi by....

William Shatner

(Jim runs)

Maybe Luceno? Kevein Anderson would be good too.

scottyboy
23 October 2002, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I didn't even think of Kevin Anderson. I like his books. But William Shatner, he's the man, my only question is how long he would work in the Enterprise? :D No really, William Shatner couldn't write to save his life IMHO!

shadow145
23 October 2002, 10:24 AM
Hold your Tauntauns....

If we have a "Return of the Jedi" we need to have a "Fall of the Jedi".
Nah, I don't like that idea either. I vote for "Rise of Scottyboy".

Okay that's twice I was about to post my idea, then I preview and someone beat me to it. I need to get my initiative up. :D

I don't expect them to use a current Star Wars Author, although I guess Salvatore did do the first NJO book. I think that's true, I don't read them.

dgswensen
23 October 2002, 12:19 PM
Star Wars, Episode III: Watto Triumphant

scottyboy
23 October 2002, 12:24 PM
Hey that's one vote for me! Keep 'em coming people! We could turn this into a petition and send it to Lucas!

BrianDavion
23 October 2002, 02:29 PM
Mike Stackpole could write it!

Nova Spice
23 October 2002, 04:01 PM
Mike Stackpole could write it!

I was about to suggest this as well, but the more I think about it, I don't think it would be a good idea. This is the reason why.

Mike Stackpole is a wonderful writer (I think we can all agree he and Zahn are the top dogs when it comes to Star Wars; although others are starting to crop up as well, namely Luceno, Denning, and Williams), but I think Mr. Stackpole works better in a free-form style in which he can create his own cast and go from there. I think Mr. Stackpole's style would be cramped if he had to write a book that had already had a storyline ready for the big screen.

That's just my opinion. ;)

BrianDavion
23 October 2002, 05:14 PM
Im disagree. Mike Stackpole until recently was the pre-eminant "plot writer" for Battletech and thus was very much told what he had to write etc.

VixenofVenus
23 October 2002, 05:24 PM
Zahn ... Tim is da Man!

And while he is reaching that point in your life where you say &*^#-it! And either deal with your problems or you go windsurfing in Bali with a 17 year old aerobics instructor ... I think he's got a Will Save of at least +5

[edit] ... by the way ... I am PLANNING ON the windsurfing option, course it will be a 19 year old professional boy-band phenom from Quebec ... but who cares right!?

hisham
24 October 2002, 12:20 AM
"The Rise of Scottyboy"? I dont think so. I am, however, very partial to the title "Scottyboy's Galactic Shenanigans"

But seriously, folks:

Aaron Allston

Codym
24 October 2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by hisham

But seriously, folks:

Aaron Allston

Well, he is the Jar Jar Binks of the writers. But to be honest, his books have never enthralled me, and his NJO duology was crap. Out of the exsisting Star Wars authors, Zahn or Luceno would be the best picks, as they are the two best SW writers, hands down (Cloak of Deception is still the best SW novel to come out in the last three years.) Stackpole needs to forget tie-ins a concentrate on his fantasy, which is far superior. And please tell me the Kevin F. Anderson suggestion was a cruel joke.

By the looks of things though, they'll probably bring in another fantasy author, though none really spring to mind other than the fore-mentioned Jordon. Or perhaps George will dust off Chris Claremont, who did his Shadow War trilogy.

It will interesting at least.

wolverine
24 October 2002, 03:03 AM
I would also say Jedi fall.. ANd DON'T knock shatner. Yes, he sucked as kirk, but he writes damn good.

Farliner
5 November 2002, 05:08 AM
Oh no, no KJA!!!!

I think that Zahn or Stackpole would be the best picks...

About title - probably nothing too original, either Rise of the Empire or Fall fo the Jedi... but, who knows, GL could surprise us all...

KnightStalker
17 November 2002, 08:58 PM
I'm amazed that I was thinking the same as many of you before I stumbled upon this discussion.

I had been thinking to myself, Hmmm, now that AotC is gonna be coming soon to DVD, I wonder if Ep III will be called Rise of the Empire or Fall of the Republic.

I also agree that they should pick Zahn, he's the one who revived the SW novels with his Heir to the Empire trilogy, after all. If it weren't for those 3 books, there'd be no current novel franchise.

KreGoete
18 November 2002, 05:28 AM
Star Wars: Episode III: Knightfall

written by whomever did the wonderful fanfic of the same name, indicating what the author wishes for Ep. III

Kal_Myadon
3 December 2002, 01:46 AM
TIm Zhan

and based on the naming structure that has gone before it could be Fall of the Jedi or Return of the Sith.

Kal

Ps Scottyboy's galactic shenaginns gets my vote

Iain Kysler, Jedi Apprentice
20 December 2002, 09:43 AM
Is that Timothy Zahn should write the books. The title should be something like...

The Rise of Darkness

or

Return of the Sith *kidding...but hey, we've got Return of the Jedi*

or maybe

Heart of the Storm

Something like that.

Bombaatu
20 December 2002, 11:18 AM
Title ideas:

Darkness Revealed
The Veil of Shadow
Fall of the Republic
Rise of the Empire
(yes, I know those last two were already mentioned, but they're good)
Hand of the Sith

Author? Zahn - definately.

Wedge Antilles, Rogue Leader
20 December 2002, 01:13 PM
Author could be Stackpole and Zahn, like in "Rendevous at Darknell." Maybe through in a chapter or two by Anderson, Salvatore, Luceno, however. If not good writing, it would at least be interesting. I don't know about a title.

Krad-edis
3 January 2003, 10:00 PM
Those prophetic words of good old Darth Maul (R.I.P), make me think that it will be:

"The Revenge of the Sith"

Since I really liked "I, Jedi" and liked "Dark Tide I and II", I would like to see Stackpole write the novel.

stoic_75
20 January 2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by KreGoete
Star Wars: Episode III: Knightfall

written by whomever did the wonderful fanfic of the same name, indicating what the author wishes for Ep. III

No, I'm still going to go with Episode III : Send in the Clones.
As for who will script it, I vote for anyone but Kevin Smith.

http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=56082#post56082

Darth Fury
23 January 2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by wolverine
I would also say Jedi fall.. ANd DON'T knock shatner. Yes, he sucked as kirk, but he writes damn good.

NO ONE CAN DEFEAT THE KIRK!!!! :mad: 8o

Darth Fury
23 January 2003, 01:38 PM
As far as the title old GL seems to be stuck on the 1950's Horror/Sci-Fi genre.

But for authors, I think Stackpole and GL had a falling out, Jordan's a great writer but he can't even get his own books out in less than 4 years (not to mention under800 pages), Luceno great story teller but his plots were kind of transparent (Cloak of Deception is his only work I've read) Granted certian Character's fates were sealed because of TPhM and he had to play with GL's hand, I'm having a hard time with Salvatore because he killed off Chewbacca (so he's out), Hambly's a little to touchy feely, I wasn't that impressed with Jetter's work, Allston does quite well, but Zahn is the only real choice!!!

Codym
24 January 2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Darth Fury
But for authors, I think Stackpole and GL had a falling out,

Huh? What the hell are you talking about? There has been no falling out between Stackpole and LucasFilm, he has simply been concentrating on his original fantasy at the moment, and has hinted he may return to the SW universe for a couple of short stories.

Jericho_Narcas
24 January 2003, 08:58 PM
I think it's gonna be called "Rise of the Empire." I've seen a trailer that looked pretty official, although it could have been faked -- it came from KaZaA, so who knows?

As to who writes it -- it doesn't really matter to me, but I wouldn't mind seeing Alan Dean Foster get the contract. I always thought he did a pretty good job on the original Star Wars novelization ghost-written for George Lucas. Whatever happened to him anyway?

Krad-edis
25 January 2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Jericho_Narcas
I think it's gonna be called "Rise of the Empire." I've seen a trailer that looked pretty official, although it could have been faked -- it came from KaZaA, so who knows?

Here (http://starwars.com/community/askjc/rick/askjc20021028.html) is what Rick Mccallum has to say.

I think it is pretty safe to say at this point that it was not official and faked regardless of how good it was. I remember seeing one for Epsisode II that had Christopher Walken in it, and it looked pretty good. :) Of course it also had Jedi running across a field with lightsabers cut from Braveheart (I think), and a scene from Last of the Mohicans in it. Pretty good still.

Nova Spice
25 January 2003, 11:41 AM
As to who writes it -- it doesn't really matter to me, but I wouldn't mind seeing Alan Dean Foster get the contract. I always thought he did a pretty good job on the original Star Wars novelization ghost-written for George Lucas. Whatever happened to him anyway?

Alan Dean Foster is definitely still around. He just wrote "The Approaching Storm" less than a year ago, which was the prequel novel before "Attack of the Clones."

I personally prefer either Zahn, Luceno, Denning, or Stackpole. Any of those four would do a fantastic job! ;)

Jeskan
26 January 2003, 05:39 AM
Star Wars 3: A Dark Awakening

Kobayashi_Maru
26 January 2003, 06:04 AM
Star Wars Episode III Return of the Sith
by Jonathan Frakes :D

(frantically looking for the door) Did someone say fire???

LL|Jerk
26 January 2003, 07:47 AM
I'm pretty sure it's going to be called Episode III: Fall of the Republic