Thread: # of TIE in an ISD?

Skilled Player

Default # of TIE in an ISD?

In a campaign that I am currently running, my PC's are about to attack an ISD. Does anyone out there have a detailed listing of the number of Tie fighters and Bombers that are in a typical ISD. If anyone has them please respond. Thanks
    "Mount Captain Solo on the hood""

Rebel Insurgent

Impstars carry a standard complement of one wing of TIEs, 72 fighters. The exact makeup would vary according to the ship's role and the time.

An early complements might be something like 5 squadrons of TIE/ln Fighters and one of TIE/gt bombers, although you could include a squadron of the sometimes used TIE boarding craft.

Later on, the /gts would be replaced by TIE bombers.

By the battle of Endor, I believe the standard complement was 4 squadrons of TIE interceptors and 2 of bombers, although I don't know what proportion of destroyers were actually equipped this way.

After Endor, things regress a bit, they could carry a variety of mixtures, and at the time of the Thrawn duology, the Empire uses preybird fighters as standard (though they return to TIEs later).
    "You're good, but you're no Wes Janson." - Wes Janson

"You are never certain that a person will notice something but there is a good chance the person is going to have to kill it sooner or later. Therefore my padawan, never get any awareness or stealth skills, just be really good at killing." - Jedi Master Yatzi Googol Safefefe

Stand firm, America. Weather the storm.

Actually I was under the impression that by the Battle of Endor, Imperial Star Destroyers were carrying 3 squadrons of TIE Fighters, 2 squadrons of TIE Interceptors, and 1 squadron of TIE Bombers, a typical one that is.

I suppose it really depends on the ship and its current mission/operation.
    Let's say for powalsh's sake, its a ImpStar on standard patrol duty. I'd say it might look like this:

-4 TIE Starfighter Squadrons
    -1 TIE Interceptor Squadron
    -1 TIE Bomber Squadron
    -4 TIE Scouts (Flight Group)

That's just my take on it, though Rogue Janson certainly has a great complement for a Star Destroyer on a hit and fade mission.
    "You're good, but you're no Luke Skywalker."
    -Commander Wedge Antilles, X-wing: Rogue Squadron

"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular."-Proverbs

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

Thread Information