1 1.82%
  • Anakin Solo

3 5.45%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Jedi of all time

Jedi Battle Master and commander of Angel Squadron

Default Best Jedi of all time

Who is the greatest Jedi
    Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except thru me." John 14:6

"Try not, do or do not, their is no try." Yoda

It was tough, but I finally had to go with one of two choices: Yoda, or Mace Windu...and I think Yoda lived long enough to be considered for the 'all-time' category, because his eyes had seen quite a bit of change by the time he became one with the Force.
    "Though I die...I go to my death knowing I did something great, that I left a mark on the universe...though few, if any, will ever know what transpired here. We are the unsung heroes, those who died shielding others from a threat never even perceived, except perhaps when it was too late to prevent the spilling of blood necessary to save others...this task was ours...and with it's completion...our time is at an end."

-Iain Kysler, Jedi Master

Worst usertext customization... ever.

Good poll, but you left out the greatest; Qui-Gon Jinn. In his absence, I voted for Yoda.
    Well, that's my 2 cents. Of course, with inflation, you owe me a buck.

The Last to wield the Heron Marked Blade of Alderaan

I voted for Yoda and he was the "greatest" of the Jedi, but may not be the most important. Luke defeated the Emperor and Vader, something that all the Jedi before him failed to do. He reestablished the Jedi Order and brought them back into the Galaxy as the defenders of peace and justice once again. Therefore, in a way I think that Luke is the greatest Jedi, "from a certain point of view"
    "My Father?"
    Corellia's most notorious smuggler nodded. "He was on my trail once. Had to make an appointment to the Imperial Naval Academy to escape him."
    Exceprt from I, Jedi

Telecommunist

I agree with Talonne Hauk: Qui-Gon Jinn.

The guy embodied the Jedi - thoughtful, calm, inventive and heroic.
    Darth Vader was surprised to find that when Boba Fett said, "As you wish," what he really meant was, "I love you."

http://codym.s2hack.com/StarWars/

Hardcore Player

Anakin Solo clearly represents the best of the Jedi. He has raw power, refined skill, and rational philosophy. He is the first Jedi to make a truly great new insight as to the nature of the force.
    Uh-oh, another famous Elfword Idea (TM) - Talon Razor 'GM'

Section Editor of [color=dark-blue]The Underworld Sourcebook[/color]
    "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
    Leader of The A&EG Supplement series

Jedi Knight Who Says NI

Default Baddest Jedi

I voted for Mace Windu for his quiet power and command of skill. But it was a hard choice since I like Anakin Solo as well. Solo was on the path to a major epiphany and was cut down (probably) in the middle of it. Qui-gon Jinn is to me also unbelievably cool. He was really in touch with the living Force.
    There is nothing to see here *waves hands* return to your homes.

Jedi Master of the Old Republic
    Now we're on Yavin after our secret base was compromised...It's hard to fight continuity!!!

Qui-Gon Jinn was the greatest Jedi we know about of all time.

"I will do what I must, Obi-Wan."

"Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future."
    "Yes, but never at the expense of the moment."

He's just awesome. And I really like the intensity and inflection in Obi-Wan's voice when he says, "Qui-Gon Jinn would never join YOU." in AotC. Another testimony to Qui-Gon.

He wasn't the oldest, or greenest, or baddest with the blade, but he is apparently the first Jedi to exist after death as a Force Spirit.
    Jim Williams

Commanding Officer of the Indomitable

I would go with Luke Skywalker. Though yoda and all the other jedi(including Qui-gon, who i was surprised to not see on the poll) did amazing things, Luke has done stuff that over shadows them. Luke has not only defeated the Sith, he has also redemeeded his father from the dark side, destroyed the first death star, brought back the jedi from the brink of extinction, and has brought back the jedi counsil (with a few minor modifications to the setup). Though granted, he should have been more aggressive at the beginning of the NJO, his accomplishments far outweigh his mistakes.

Caamasi Jedi49
    "You sort of see these recurring themes where a democracy turns itself into a dictatorship, and it always seems to happen kind of in the same way, with the same kinds of issues, and threats from the outside, needing more control. A democratic body, a senate, not being able to function properly because everybody's squabbling, there's corruption."
    ―George Lucas

Co-author of the Rise of the Empire Infinities Sourcebook

New Player

I'm gonna have to go with luke on this. For all the reasons the others have said, but also because his knowledge of the force would be a little better than Yoda's because he has been on both sides of the force.
    "Welcome to the Dark Side, where it is happy all the time"

Stand firm, America. Weather the storm.

I think that that the little green munchkin with the Bruce Lee moves gets my vote! Anyone who is nine hundred years old and still can't speak Basic is either someone who A ). Cares nothing about what others think about him, or B ). Is way more sarcastic than he lets on!

Besides, he's green and he is two feet tall. I love a kickass munchkin!
    "You're good, but you're no Luke Skywalker."
    -Commander Wedge Antilles, X-wing: Rogue Squadron

"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular."-Proverbs

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

Jedi Battle Master and commander of Angel Squadron

Cool

I'd have to say Corran Horn because he got me hooked in I'Jedi. So I'm sorry for alll you Yoda lovers.
    Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except thru me." John 14:6

"Try not, do or do not, their is no try." Yoda

I liked Luke and all, and he was good, but Yoda was the greatest. Considering the fact that at almost 900 years old, he could defeat one of the greater Jedi and current Sith in lightsaber combat, he's gotta be good. I'm not sure what to say...
    "Mine's a tale that can't be told
    My freedom I hold dear
    How years ago in days of old
    When magic filled the air
    T'was in the darkest depths of Mordor
    I met a girl so fair
    But Gollum, and the evil one crept up
    And slipped away with her her
    Her her, her a-yeah
    An' ain't nothing I can do, now
    I guess I'll keep on Ramblin"
    Led Zeppelin- "Ramble On"

Back in a variety of colors

Yoda, Yoda, Yoda. Sheezhs!

Come on guys! Who is the man who is a snub-jock, undercover agent, Jedi and all-around cool guy? Corran Horn!!!

I mean, Yoda couldn't even reach the controls of a fighter....
    Talon Razor -
    Like aliens, Marines, political struggles, Firefly and Cyberpunk? Yea, I thought so!

Full Throttle
    Publisher of: Dice Theory - Currently looking for new staff members, Re-launch in Summer 2006

Stand firm, America. Weather the storm.

I mean, Yoda couldn't even reach the controls of a fighter....
    True, although Corran is the man who can't lift a dust mite with the Force, much less a falling pillar of solid stone. Yoda certainly can and did.
    "You're good, but you're no Luke Skywalker."
    -Commander Wedge Antilles, X-wing: Rogue Squadron

"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular."-Proverbs

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

Thread Information