Thread: Elrood Sector and the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion

Veteran Player

Default Elrood Sector and the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion

Only having read 3 books into the series, I am curious as to whether or not Elrood Sector has been mentioned at all in the NJO Series. This quote from the Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia makes me think that they have suffered from the invasion as well:

Feswin, Chau
    "this man represented the Elrood Sector of the galaxy as a Senator to the New Republic, during the height of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Lando Calrissian and Talon Karrde bribed Feswin with relief supplies, provided that Feswin would eventually purchase YVH-1 combat droids, in the wake of the Battle of Coruscant. They recorded the conversation, in hopes of blackmailing Feswin into supporting Cal Omas' candidacy for Chief of State."
    SOURCE: Destiny's Way

Can anyone confirm Elrood being mentioned at all in the series? I would really appreciate it.

Registered User Terras Jadeonar & Raven's Avatar
    Twi'lek Maseuse room, Spa Resort on Ryloth

I dunno ...

though i'd think a revamp of the elrood sector campaign would be interesting for the vong invasion though...
    ├ 3D Art @: Star Wars Artist Guild Member GalleryDeviantArt Gallery (New!)
    ├ Websites: Co-GM of: Q:TU Rebel #2 (Status: On Hold) ● "The Camp" (Status: Offline)
    ├ RPG Info: Signature #46: My Repertoire of RPGs (Updated: 09/09/2006)
    Please, just refer to me as TJR OR Terras. thx! (08/16/08)

Veteran Player

Anyone?

Talking POP!

Hisham's head pops out from behind a bafforr tree and looks around.

I.J.? I.J.?

According to all of the maps, the Vong invasion route spread only as far as the Corellian Run before it turned inwards to the Core, sparing the Elrood Sector. If I remember correctly, the supplies were needed in the Elrood Sector to deal with the overwhelming number of refugees that had fled there.
    www.nav-computer.com
    -The Ultimate Guide to Locations in the Star Wars Universe-

Veteran Player

Excellant! Thank you!

Stand firm, America. Weather the storm.

cartographer is indeed correct Paul. What isn't mentioned in that brief quip is that Lando makes a comment about the Elrood Sector Senator not needing supplies because the Vong haven't touched it yet. Karrde explains the refugee crisis in that corner of the galaxy and from that you understand that brief excerpt.

Thought I'd shed some more light on the matter.
    "You're good, but you're no Luke Skywalker."
    -Commander Wedge Antilles, X-wing: Rogue Squadron

"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular."-Proverbs

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

ij thompson

D'oh! Sorry I wasn't here to field an Elrood question, dudes!

It's all for the best, however, since:

a) Cartographer and Nova Spice have already given it to you, and,

b) I didn't know the answer, anyway!

(I. J. staggers off in a daze...)

Veteran Player

Cool

Ok, somebody go hire the Coynites (all of them, if you please) to fight the Vong. While Elrood Sector might not be in impending danger, every bit of help is needed to push them back into the intergalactic abyss.
    'The Three Little Pigs' is just childhood propaganda for the brick industry.

"Why am I always mad? I'm Sith, you git! We're supposed to be angry!"

Stand firm, America. Weather the storm.

Ok, somebody go hire the Coynites (all of them, if you please) to fight the Vong. While Elrood Sector might not be in impending danger, every bit of help is needed to push them back into the intergalactic abyss.
    It's funny you mention hiring Coynites, Pel, because in my current NJO campaign, my Coynite Jedi PC did just that. He hired five elite mercenaries from the Coyn Guild in hopes of persuading King Vargog of the threat in the distant Outer Rim.

As of now, the PCs and their Coynite mercenary NPCs are currently on Agamar (with a Vong invasion fleet bearing down). Thus far, the Coynites have engaged six Vong scouts and with the assistance of the two Jedi PCs and the two NRI PCs, have ripped the scarheads to pieces.

Next session will truly test the Coynites, as the Vong prepare to do battle at a little planet I like to call.....Ithor. :p
    "You're good, but you're no Luke Skywalker."
    -Commander Wedge Antilles, X-wing: Rogue Squadron

"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular."-Proverbs

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

Thread Information