Thread: Tatooine Ghost Spoilers

Jedi Master & Guardian of Peace, Justice and the Okina-Rdae Technologies Forum

Default Tatooine Ghost Spoilers

Just got done with it and have to say that while it didn't really introduce a whole lot of new material. Basically, the book serves as a vehicle for Leia to learn all about her family's past on Tatooine (which means she finds out the stuff that we see in Episodes I & II with some of the gaps filled in). Most of the major sites on Tatooine are visited; the exclusions are Jabba's Palace, the Mos Eisley Cantina & Beggar's Canyon.

The novel's main point was telling the story of how Leia begins to understand Anakin Skywalker's life. Several characters from Episode I are back like Kitster, Wald, and even a few Podracers with some peices missing.

And one last thing - Thrawn's in the book.

Can't wait to hear what others thought of it.
    i was more like uncle luke: a human weapon, point me at the bad guys and turn me loose. i knock ‘em down and everybody cheers. - Anakin Solo Hallucination

Warlord, Mass Muderer, and General Bad Guy, (Im just missuderstood, Got It)

Just wondering when does the book take place?

Jedi Master & Guardian of Peace, Justice and the Okina-Rdae Technologies Forum

About six months after Han & Leia are married meaning in between Courtship of Princess Leia & the first book of the Thrawn trilogy.
    i was more like uncle luke: a human weapon, point me at the bad guys and turn me loose. i knock ‘em down and everybody cheers. - Anakin Solo Hallucination

I thought this book was great. I burned through it in a day. While I agree it didn't add much to the EU, I think it did add alot to the development of Leia's character. She really makes a journey in this book.

It was great at tying things together and it did tease Zhan's new book in a very minor way.
    www.nav-computer.com
    -The Ultimate Guide to Locations in the Star Wars Universe-

Resistance Fighter

I must admit I hadn't heard of this book until I read this. You would have thought Leia would have told Luke all this before he traveled round the galaxy in Black Fleet Crisis desperately searching for the truth about his family's past.

Luke - "I didn't find out anything about our family leia. I did discover this alternative Force faith 'the White Current' or Fallanssi, though,"

Leia - "Oh I knew there was something I meant to tell you! Years ago I found out that Anakin's mother was a slave on Tatooine, and she got pregnant by the Force, and Anakin built Threepio, then he was in a big podrace, then he was taken away to become a Jedi by a man called Qui-Gonn and his apprentice, who was...get this...Obi-Wan Kenobi! Isn't that great?"

Luke - "Sithspit!"

Gotta read this now!
    Men are from Korriban, women are from Zeltros, Hutts are from Nal Hutta

"You can't deny me my heritage, Master Skywalker!" - Tyce Kaan

Adun-Isl in Rogue Janson's Paths of the Force

Immoderator

About halfway through and utterly enthralled (but I'm taking it slow, no more than a chapter or two at a time...this one needs to last me a bit).

I just thought to myself "Wait, isn't this Thrawn's first chronological appearance in text?" I mean, his presence has been hinted at in other novels, but this is IT. This is the first appearance of Thrawn and his competance as an officer...single-handedly changing the Imperial military.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

This was Thrawn's first appearance in a novel. Thrawn's earliest appearance is when he is discovered the Imperials shortly after the birth of the Empire in the SWAJ story "Mist Encounter" by Zahn. His next major appearance is in the 4 part short story "Side Trip" by Zahn and Stackpole from SWAJ and Tales from the Empire. This is followed shortly after by Zahn's "Command Decision" from SWAJ.
    www.nav-computer.com
    -The Ultimate Guide to Locations in the Star Wars Universe-

Luke - I did discover this alternative Force faith 'the White Current' or Fallanssi, though,"
    ??? could you pm info on these for me. I won't think to check this thread again and am very curious about force users outside the jedi Cult. I've always wondered why there arn't more who have lightside like roles but don't strap on a chasity belt and become a Jedi monk. (bit of an egzageration)
    I saw breif glimpses of things like the Rangers who weild sheild gauntlets and the good witches but they are all kinda trapped on their worlds.
    I remember when hints about EP2 started coming out and I thought Dooku would be a lightsider who is part of a lightsider group that broke from the Jedi before he was born. So it might be like Catholics vs. Prodestants and show a more controlling side to the Jedi.
    "You're a gentleman and a Scholar."
    "Meow, and a Kitty Cat Too."

Spoon Daddy and his 'three little sisters'.

sponsor my write-a-thon for charity at http://www.firstgiving.com/rovingjack

New Player

Tatooine Ghost was a great read for me too. I liked the fact that Leia was forced to accept that the black mask and the evil presence was not the only thing people remember about her father.
    I also liked the fact that (Vaders) loss of control with the sand people had more consequences then just starting him down the dark path.
    The red eyes were a great twist.
    Last edited by Sirec Tyrak; 27 April 2003 at 12:54 PM.
    Heroes die but are not forgotten.

Jedi Knight Aalto Zarander

RPG Group SUBASE CT.

"We are always looking for new members. Anyone from CT and looking for a group PM me anytime."

Thread Information