Thread: How to become a crimelord

Default How to become a crimelord

I am a level one scoundrel and i need a set of steps to become a crime lord and establish a stable crim sydicate

New Player

You'll probably want to multiclass into a noble at some point, so you can gain some contacts and get some supplies. After that (rather obviously) you'd need to become Crimelord (PrC). I strongly recomend getting contacts, and money. or maybe just join a crime syndicate, and start a plot to kill the guy in charge (when he goes you can take over).

Just some ideas
    So what...I use the dark side. It gives me what I want, but asks for nothing in return except my soul.
    ---the Darkstryder

New Player

You'll probably want to multiclass into a noble at some point, so you can gain some contacts and het some supplies. After that (rather obviously) you'd need to become Crimelord (PrC). I strongly recomend getting contacts, and money. or maybe just join a crime syndicate, and start a plot to kill the guy in charge (when he goes you can take over).

Just some ideas
    So what...I use the dark side. It gives me what I want, but asks for nothing in return except my soul.
    ---the Darkstryder

Skilled Player

I'm working toward Crime Lord myself from the Scoundrel class. First I'm working on leveling up to atleast 7 or 8th level Scoundrel so I can take advantage of the benefits of that class (lots of skill points/Luck/precise shot/etc). I'm also making sure to pickup the pre-reqs for the Crime Lord Prestige Class. By level 5 I'm going to pickup the last piece I need (Infamy Feat).

Up till level 4 I'll play the nice little Scoundrel, interested in making money, petty theft, etc but nothing really bad. Once I take Infamy at Lv 5 I'm going to do something drastic and very criminal. I'm going to have to be careful how I go about it since I do have Jedi in my group so I'll probably do it as a side thing by having my character separate from the group during a mission. From then on I'll try working my way in cantinas and black market areas finding out about and maybe getting into a couple small criminal operations. By Level 8, I should have a strong enough character with enough criminal ties to take the Crime Lord Class.

I'm still not sure how my GM will handle this but its what I'm planning on doing. Hope this gives you some ideas for your character.

Thankyou for your input now check out my other thread on how to build a syndicate

what feats and skills will be goood

Rebel Insurgent

Well first off you need the prerequisites for the class: infamy, bluff, diplomacy and gather information. Intimidate and Sense motive are also important, as is knowledge (underworld, law enforcement, whatever). Other than that, I don't think anything's essential as you can always get someone else to do it, so, whatever you want for your character.
    "You're good, but you're no Wes Janson." - Wes Janson

"You are never certain that a person will notice something but there is a good chance the person is going to have to kill it sooner or later. Therefore my padawan, never get any awareness or stealth skills, just be really good at killing." - Jedi Master Yatzi Googol Safefefe

Skilled Player

I would add to skills (bluff, intimidate, diplomacy, sleight of hand, computer use, spot, listen, search, gather info, sense motive, gamble, hide and pilot) most of which you'll get from your Scoundrel Skills.

As for Feats you'll need Infamy as a pre-req for Crime Lord, and the rest I've been using Alertness, Improved Initiative, Track, Dodge and Skill Emphasis (from Scoundrel). There are several others that are good to have like Point Blank Shot - Shot on the Run, Influence, Stealthy, etc but you'll have to pick what you need most based on your personal character

Thread Information