Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STATS Request: 2 man gunship/helicopter

Default STATS Request: 2 man gunship/helicopter

I am starting a special ops/military campaign and I was trying to make up some stats for a gunship/helicopter type repulsorcraft. This will only need a crew of 2. I want it to be like an apache helicopter. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

red5_5
    The Force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet. ~ Darth Vader

This is Red 5, I知 going in. ~ Luke Skywalker

Veteran Player

I'll have something for you by noon tomorrow. It might suck... but it'll be something.... and it'll include a picture.

Does it have to be necessarily a repulsorlift, or could it be space capable?

Well I was going to use it mainly for ground operations like the republic gunship. Maybe there could be two versions of it? Thanks for the help!

red5_5
    The Force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet. ~ Darth Vader

Skilled Player

I could also make something up for you, but just to know what it should be like, what era is this going to be used in?

This is going to be used in the late rebellion and early new republic eras.

Blog Entries

Well, you've got the Skipray Blastboat, which could work. The K-Wing is a two-man heavy assault starfighter. Those gunships from Episode II might work.
    Rodney "Moridin" Thompson
    Game Designer
    Webmaster, SWRPGNetwork
    Follow me on Twitter: @AntarianRanger

Experienced Player
    Originally Daytona Beach, Fl; Currently Lakeland, Fl; Work at Camp Slayer, Iraq

I can also work something up for you either tonight or tomorrow depending on when I head off to sleep. Probably be alot like Airwolf...memories...watch that TV show now I cant believe I watched but it was kewl when I was like 5. Like I said I can try and get something for you either on that or based off of the Comanche look, without the propellers of course.
    Major Jhonas "Ice" Ky'Lin, Grey Death Squadron Commander - Imperial Assualt I & II

Aiden Tsinj - Flames of Rebellion
    Dekaris Fey - Sith and Dragons

Experienced Player

Oh one last thing what is its main mission most things are created such as the Apache Gunship with a role it would fill. Do you want it as an anti-armor vehicle or is it a multi-purpose craft able to fill the roles of both anti-personnel and anti-armor but neither as good a the one designed specifically for such a role or do you want it to be like the greatest ground support aircraft ever created...the A-10 Warthog (Thunderbolt II depending on who you talk to), yes Im a little biased.
    Major Jhonas "Ice" Ky'Lin, Grey Death Squadron Commander - Imperial Assualt I & II

I want it to be mostly anti-armor, but with a little anti-personnel to defend itself. Thanks for all the help!

Veteran Player

Default STATS for the GS-19 Overlord

What I've made here is a little of everything I like in helis, but based primarily on the Apache Longbow. I've attached a pic which is a 'quicky'. There wasn't enough time ot model anything more exact or elaborate, but it should cover your needs.

Rothana Heavy Engineering GS-19 Light Gunship
    Class: Airspeeder
    Size: Huge (9m long)
    Hyperdrive: None
    Passengers: 2
    Cargo Capacity: 500 kg
    Maximum Altitude: 1000m
    Cost: 60,000 (new), 35,000 (used)
    Maximum Speed in Space: N/A
    Atmospheric Speed: 800 kph (13 squares/action)
    Crew: 2 (Skilled +4)
    Initiative: +2 (-2 size, +4 crew)
    Maneuver: +2 (-2 size, +4 crew)
    Defense: 13* (-2 size, +5 armor)
    Shields Points: 0 (DR 9)**
    Hull Points: 40 (DR 5)

Weapon: Rocket Launchers (2 fire-linked, 6 missiles each); Fire Arc: Front; Attack Bonus: +6 (-2 size, +4 crew, +4 Fire Control); Damage: 5D10; Range Increment: 200m.

Weapon: E-Web Repeating Blaster; Fire Arc: Partial Turret (front/right/left/down); Attack Bonus: (-2 size, +4 crew, +4 fire control); Damage: 6d8; Range Increment: 80m

* Provides full cover to crew and passengers

** While the gunship has no shield points, it does have light shield generators of the variety that can be installed on droids. Though not sufficient to stop heavy fire, they will negate most handheld weapon damage.

In the days just before the clone wars, Rothana Heavy Engineering introduced this light gunship, christened 'Overlord'. It is tough enough to loiter near enemy troops and deliver significant fire-power, and has sufficient firepower to take on armor.

In addition to its impressive weapons for such a light vessel, it also houses a state-of-the-art sensor suite, giving a +4 equipment bonus to sensor checks. The location of the sensor suite, in a dome above and aft of the weapons officer, allows rocket attacks to be made while under 9/10 cover (behind a hill or building, for instance). The intervening barrier must be at least 100m from the gunship, and the target must be at least 100m from the barrier, allowing for balistic arc of the rockets.

A variant of this vessel includes an unarmed medical version, with enough room for two wounded, and carrying a medical droid. Another variant finds two more e-web blasters as waist guns (one arc left, one right), and an open cargo area for the gunners, providing 1/2 cover.

While it is now an old platform, it has proven itself time and again, and is still in production during the battle of Yavin, with only a few modifications to the original design.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, this is just what I was looking for! My players are going to have a good time with this.

red5_5

Experienced Player

This is what I was able to throw together. I like the one above also only because are two agree on alot of things but this could be seen more as an armor buster. Better anti-armor weapons, although I did steal some systems from the Starship of the Galaxy Book just didnt think the rocket launcher is very capable of taking out a good armored vehicle. So here you go. BTW also created another if you want it based off of the Kiowa Warrior.

AS-77 'Dragonsnake'
    Cargo Capacity: 50kg
    Size Huge (9m long)
    Max Altitude: 2,500 m
    Speed: 800 km/h (13)
    Crew: 2 (leave the skill level up to you)
    Initiative: -2 +Crew mod
    Maneuver: -2 +Crew skill
    Defense: 18 (-2 Size + 10 Armor)
    SP: 0
    HP: 70 (DR 10)
    E-Web
    Fire Arc: Turret* (front/left/right/down) Attack Bonus (-2 Size +8 Fire Control +crews skill) Damage 6d8 Range Increment 80m

2 Anti-Armor Missile Launchers (4 missiles each)
    Fire Arc: Front Attack Bonus (-2 size +6 Fire control + crew skill) Damage 8d10x2 Range Increment 1000m

2 Heavy Blaster Cannons (Fire linked)
    Fire Arc: Front Attack Bonus (see above for the missiles) Damage 5d10x2 Range Increments 2000m

*Turret of the E-Web moves where the gunner looks. His helmet has a targeting computer hooked up to the ship fire control system. Identical to the set-up in the Apache Gunship.

After thinking about it I reduced the total Hull Points by 5 bringing it to 70 but increasing the Damage Reduction to help protect it more against small arms fire. Primary purpose of the Attack Speeder is as an anti-walker craft, designed to be able to attack and defeat the Imperial Walkers without sustaining heavy losses.
    Last edited by Tyrn; 26 March 2003 at 07:54 PM.

This one is great too! I might just have to use them both.

red5_5

Experienced Player

Here is the other one I created based off of the Kiowa Warrior. Primary Mission as with the Kiowa is recon.

OS-54 'Katarn'
    Size: Huge (5m long)
    Cargo Capacity: 20kg
    Max Altitude: 2km
    Speed: 1050 km/h (18)
    Crew 2 (leave there skill to the GM)
    Initiative: -2 + crew ability
    Maneuver -2 size +2 Enhanced Maneuvering system + crew ability
    Defense 14 (-2 Size +6 Armor)
    SP: 0
    HP: 50 (DR 5)
    Weapons:
    Rocket Launcher (6 missiles)
    Fire Arc: Front Attack Bonus: (-2 size +2 Fire Control + Crews skill) Damage 5d10 Range Increment 250m

E-Web
    Fire Arc Front Attack Bonus: (-2 size +2 Fire Control + Crews skill) Damage 6d8 Range Increment 80m

The OS-54 is equiped with a sound dampener those trying to detect the Scout Craft are at a -4 to all listen checks. The Weapon Systems are interchangeable common configuration is as above, other variations include 2 E-Webs or 2 Rocket Launchers or 1 E-Web and 2 Portable Blaster Cannons or 1 Rocket Launcher and 2 Portable Blaster Cannons or 4 Blaster Cannons. The OS-54 has an enhanced maneuvering system to aid in NAP of the Earth piloting, also and enhanced sensor package grants the senior observer a +4 Synergy bonus when using the ships sensors to detect the enemy.

This is another great one. Thanks for the help.

red5_5

Thread Information