Thread: [Spoiler] Episode III Wookie news

Thumbs up [Spoiler] Episode III Wookie news

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/n...s20030423.html

It will be good to see the walking fur ball, once again.

Max

Stand firm, America. Weather the storm.

Chewbacca will return to the big screen! That's great news! This should simmer down some of those still upset over his demise in Vector Prime!
    "You're good, but you're no Luke Skywalker."
    -Commander Wedge Antilles, X-wing: Rogue Squadron

"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular."-Proverbs

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

The Last to wield the Heron Marked Blade of Alderaan

Talking

That makes me very happy indeed I was one of those people that was saddened by the death of our favorite furball and will be ecstatic to get him back on the silver screen. Maybe we will even see more than just Chewie, which would be wooktastic
    "My Father?"
    Corellia's most notorious smuggler nodded. "He was on my trail once. Had to make an appointment to the Imperial Naval Academy to escape him."
    Exceprt from I, Jedi

Yep, I thought this was good news as well. The nice thing about adding Chewie to Ep III, is they can do it fairly easily. Now, if they tried to add a young Han Solo to the movie I think they would have some trouble. Maybe a computer generated Harrison Ford?

Old timer....

Thumbs up

Thanks for posting a spoiler warning maxkuney. Excellent exercising of holonet etiquette and consideration.

This topic is also being covered in another thread found here.
    Last edited by Reverend Strone; 24 April 2003 at 03:05 PM.

Worst usertext customization... ever.

It would be tough to put Han Solo in Episode III. After all, he wouldn't have been born yet.
    Well, that's my 2 cents. Of course, with inflation, you owe me a buck.

Immoderator

A young Han Solo would be a toddler, meaning he'd be in the company of his real parents most likely. Remember, Han is a good decade older than Luke and Leia, and we're being forced to assume that they're born sometime during Episode III. So Han would have been born about 10 years prior to that. We dunno how long the Clone Wars are going to be yet...but we'll see.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

Ahem, cue appropriate music *Hallelujiah Chorus begins playing (Ha-allelujiah, hallelujiah, hall-lle-e-ll-uiah!)*
    That is awesome! I really can't wait until the new realy starts to come in.

! ! !
    Gallery of Pilots:

Worst usertext customization... ever.

Oops, my bad on the age. I was thinking, like an idiot (and for no reason whatsoever), that Episode II followed Episode I immediately. Anyhow, I think it would be a mistake to include Han Solo in the prequels. Part of his charm was that he rose to prominence from nowhere. He's the representation of the Everyman, so to speak. Although it would be cool to see Chewbacca. I'm full of contradictions that way.
    Well, that's my 2 cents. Of course, with inflation, you owe me a buck.

No problem. That was just a feeble attempt at humor on my part.

Max

Telecommunist

This has the potential to be cool, but I'm going to wait and see how and why he appears (a long wait, I know.) And I agree with Talonne Hauk, Han's intro should be left until A New Hope.
    Darth Vader was surprised to find that when Boba Fett said, "As you wish," what he really meant was, "I love you."

http://codym.s2hack.com/StarWars/

Resistance Fighter

Thumbs up

The first I heard of this was a couple of days ago in my local paper, the article took up all of page 2, with a huge picture of everyone's favourite resident of Kashyyyk holding his bowcaster. the headline was: CHEWIE'S BACCA!

And he will be played by good old Peter Mayhew! Initially I'm pleased at the news, I just hope Episode III doesn't dissapoint me in the way Episode II did.

I have a brilliant idea of how to seamlessly include Chewie. He can meet Jar Jar, see how the fool has brought about the fall of the Republic, as well as how generally annoying he is, and tear Binks's arms out of their sockets - thus justifying Han's claim in Episode IV that Wookiee's pull people's arms out of their sockets when they are upset. Perfect.

vs. - The Eternal Battle...

That's why my bet's on the title: 'Episode III: Wrath of the Wookiee'.
    Men are from Korriban, women are from Zeltros, Hutts are from Nal Hutta

"You can't deny me my heritage, Master Skywalker!" - Tyce Kaan

Adun-Isl in Rogue Janson's Paths of the Force

Master Jedi Weapon Master

I have to agree that it is going to be great to see the "walking carpet" back on the big screen again.

Experienced Player

Originally posted by Vreel Kudarin

vs. - The Eternal Battle...

That's why my bet's on the title: 'Episode III: Wrath of the Wookiee'.
    I would disagree with "The Eternal Battle..."

I would think that it would rank among the Shortest Battle to ever occur at any time Past, Present,or Future, in the entire Star Wars Galaxy or any other Galaxy for that matter.

And, now that you bring it up, why haven't the wookies, or anyone else for that matter, hunted Jar Jar down and painfully killed him for ruining the Star Wars franchise?

--Ok... I admit, I'm a little bitter. But I really do hate Jar Jar that much, I guess!
    I can't hit the broadside of a bantha.... good thing my droid can

Telecommunist

Originally posted by Sasche

And, now that you bring it up, why haven't the wookies, or anyone else for that matter, hunted Jar Jar down and painfully killed him for ruining the Star Wars franchise?

--Ok... I admit, I'm a little bitter. But I really do hate Jar Jar that much, I guess!
    I know a lot of people dislike Jar Jar, but he's hardly "ruined" the franchise. But then, there was the mass condemnation of Episode II based on what essential was a cameo...

As for Chewie, I began wondering about his appearance. First I thought it would kinda cool if he was to be shown during the enslavement of the Wookiees, but then I realised this would leave too big of a gap between that and his appearance in A New Hope. I know we know vaguely what happened, but non-EU readers would be totally lost, especially if its made clear that it is Chewbacca.

So I wondered, want could be the alternatives? Thatís when I realised my biggest mistake. I had promised myself I wouldn't give this much thought until more info was available, but here I am, trying to come up with scenarios for a cameo in a film we only know the broadest of outlines.

What a headache...
    Darth Vader was surprised to find that when Boba Fett said, "As you wish," what he really meant was, "I love you."

http://codym.s2hack.com/StarWars/

Thread Information