Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chewbacca wears shoes?

New Player

Default Chewbacca wears shoes?

In the original trilogy, does Chewbacca at any point wear shoes? My friend and I have been debating over the issue for some time. Thank you.

Telecommunist

Not that I recall, nor has such a think made it into the goof guides that roam the web. I'd have to watch the Original Trilogy again to be sure, though (not exactly a bad thing - but too easy to be distracted by things other than Wookie feet...)
    Darth Vader was surprised to find that when Boba Fett said, "As you wish," what he really meant was, "I love you."

http://codym.s2hack.com/StarWars/

Hardcore Player

Thumbs down

I'd have to give that a big no. Wookies wouldn't wear shoes.
    Uh-oh, another famous Elfword Idea (TM) - Talon Razor 'GM'

Section Editor of [color=dark-blue]The Underworld Sourcebook[/color]
    "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
    Leader of The A&EG Supplement series

Experienced Player

No, wookiee feet have enough fur that they don't need shoes, and even if chewie did wear shoes, who would know underneath all that fur .
    E.D.
    The quickest way to end a war is to lose it.
    -George Orwell

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    - George Orwell

Immoderator

There was a scene on Endor where supposedly you can see Mayhew's shoes. Supposedly. I haven't seen them myself.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

Munchkin

I'd say no... and there was time when I browsed the web searching for some strange occurances in orignal trilogy and I don't rememebr any Wookie shoes... Though it was also a long time a go so maybe I missed or don't remember..
    Wizard's First Rule - People are stupid.
    Jez Kal'am in IAOP Order of Destruction.

King Chewie

No i dont think so you can always see his feet in empire strikes back the only thin chewie wears is that pouch and bowcaster

New Player

For that matter, what the hell kind of shoes do the rest of the Heroes wear!?
    4kgs of fuel: 200 credits
    1 igniter: 15 credits
    Saturating a hallway and waiting for the stormtroopers to round the corner: Priceless

Immoderator

Han wears Imperial-issue service boots, and Luke wears Rebel-issue combat boots. Leia...wears something appropriate to outfit (women...). More or less.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

Have no place I can be since I found Serenity

In one scene on Cloud City (Bespin) in Empire Stikes Back when Chewie is running down a corridor, you can catch a glimpse of his feet and maybe... maybe these are shoes, but that's debatable.
    proxima centauri
    closest star to our sun

Malcolm Reynolds: Nice shot.
    Did he say after looking at Crow, the enemy on the floor who just got shot by a bullet in the knee.

Jayne: I was aiming for his head.

The Last to wield the Heron Marked Blade of Alderaan

I would have to say no as well, wookiees being arboreal creatures would indicate that they have natural padding on their feet sufficient for climbing, which would enable them to go without shoes. Also I am almost positive I never spotted any shoes on Chewie in the trilogy. If they were to have any shoes on I would think it would be only in cold weather climates and would not resemble shoes like we wear, I think they would resemble gators or leg wrappings.
    "My Father?"
    Corellia's most notorious smuggler nodded. "He was on my trail once. Had to make an appointment to the Imperial Naval Academy to escape him."
    Exceprt from I, Jedi

The Dude

Well, in p. 49 of the RCRB, it looks like Rorworr is wearing bell-bottoms...

Stand firm, America. Weather the storm.

Well, in p. 49 of the RCRB, it looks like Rorworr is wearing bell-bottoms...
    Don't hate on Rorworr, he's just chillin'.
    "You're good, but you're no Luke Skywalker."
    -Commander Wedge Antilles, X-wing: Rogue Squadron

"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular."-Proverbs

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

Follower of the Way

I'd also have to go with the no shoes for Wookiees. Although, it one wanted to wear shoes, I don't think anyone would be able to stop them from doing so.

And as for Rorworr, I've always thought he was a little on the 'thin side' for a Wookiee. But I like him.

Bjorn

Experienced Player

Rorworr is quite small, but you also have to remeberr, he quite a young wookiee considering they live well into the hundreds. Still I've always liked him, he's got a different look to him.
    E.D.
    The quickest way to end a war is to lose it.
    -George Orwell

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    - George Orwell

Thread Information