Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Character Concept

Default Help with Character Concept

My GM is starting a campaign in the Rebellion Era. We are all going to be Rebels. Each player gets two characters, one of mine is going to be a female noble, but I can't think of what to do with the other. I always seem to be stuck thinking of Jedi or fighter pilots. Thanks for any suggestions.
    The Force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet. ~ Darth Vader

This is Red 5, Iím going in. ~ Luke Skywalker

Skilled Player

Two characters at once will be a little difficult since you'll have to be constantly switching back and forth between them. Maybe you'll even end up talking to yourself, LOL.

Before I answer your question, I have a few quick questions about you and your interests:

Do you like playing the good guy or bad?
    Do you like to fight things out or roleplay?
    Do you like to go with the group, or go off on side missions?
    Would you like playing an alternative race not commonly played?
    Do you want to the possibility to be force sensitive (later on)?
    What is the rest of your group? Races and Types?

If you can give me some of these answers maybe I or the rest of us can help find a Race and Class suited to you.

Dark Lord, Warriors of Gar

Have a look through the character templates in the rulebook. Ask if anyone in the group has got Heros & Rouges by WEG, it has more templates.

What TV series do you like? My players have charcters based on everyone from wrestlers like Stone Cold Steve Austin to Jack O'Neil from Stargate. My own new character in a D20 Modern game is Doctor Gladstone Screwer (Sid James character from Carry On Again Doctor Ha Ha Haaa). Or even better mix and match famous characters like my own Bossko B. He's a mix of Bossk (for appearance only), Howling Mad Murdock (from the A-Team), Bruce Lee (form his combat prowess), Austin Powers, The Cat (from Red Dwarf) and myself. Okay I admit it, this charcater is just a way for me to act sillier than normal

Failing that I resort to shameless plugs of my website (link at the bottom). My site is 80% characters, so that should give you some ideas.
    "As Warriors we rule, As Warriors we rule,
    Under the axe of might, there will be Blood Tonight, Blood Tonight!"

- Warriors of Gar Battle Anthem
    Sithspawn's Lair
    Warriors of Gar

Two characters at once will be a little difficult
    Not really. The GM has to play a lot more than two characters.

Sithspawn's Lair
    Warriors of Gar

I like to play good guys.
    I like a balance between fighting and roleplaying.
    I mainly stay with the group, but some side missions are good.
    I like to play humans but any race is fine.
    I would like the chance to be force sensitive.
    The rest of my group will most likely be a female smuggler, a wookie like chewie or a sullustan pilot, and the last player is undecided on hers.
    The Force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet. ~ Darth Vader

Skilled Player

Well from my experience, a GM playing 2 characters is very different from a PC playing 2 characters. The trouble is knowing which character you're talking to, keeping things straight about what one character knows from the other, and situations where say a PC decides to turn on someone in the group or even the rest of the group entirely. What does the PC's 2nd character do then, side with his first character or with the rest of the group? Thats why my group usually plays only one PC per person. You can have a 2nd but you can only play them one at a time.

Drakmund,
    I play multiple characters frequentlywithout problem. Yes I have had two of my own PCs have opposing actions. It's quite funny having to fight yourself. The key to playing multiple charcters is choosing charcaters with totally different personalities. Speak 'in character' having a different voice for each PC. Not always easy. Another option is to have a primary PC. Anything that is said without being stated otherwise is said by your primary PC. But I think we're going to get told off for being off-topic. Sorry mods.

The key as ever, have fun

Sithspawn's Lair
    Warriors of Gar

Skilled Player

OK, here are some ideas:

Bothan Scoundrel (maybe would become a Spy)

Transdoshan Soldier (shear muscle type but would have rivalry with the wook)

Human Force Adept (starts with force skills but untrained)

Arkanian Jedi (non human but similar race)

Hardcore Player

Originally posted by red5_5
    I like to play good guys.
    I like a balance between fighting and roleplaying.
    I mainly stay with the group, but some side missions are good.
    I like to play humans but any race is fine.
    I would like the chance to be force sensitive.
    The rest of my group will most likely be a female smuggler, a wookie like chewie or a sullustan pilot, and the last player is undecided on hers.
    1. Your character should be good then.
    2. perhaps a Soldier or Scout who acts as the Female Noble's bodyguard. bassed on what you listed for the rest of the group a Soldier might make a good addition to the group. Every group needs a brick.
    3. Again a Soldier or a Scout would make an excellent addition to any group. You might also consider a scoundrel who could go off sneaking into imperial instilations alone to open the door for everybody else.
    4. My advice would be to make your secondary character a non-human, especially if the female Noble is a human. I too like to play humans from both a role-playing and roll-playing perspective (bonus feat and extra skill points are nice) However, you have a very neat role-playing oppurtunity if you take on the role of an alien being with different values and attitudes. Consider Rodian, Bothan, or Duros they all get pretty good ability, skill, and feat bonuses which make up for losing the human bonuses and allow you to play a cool species at the same time.
    5. If you're not starting at 1st level, consider having the secondary character's 1st level be Force Adept and then adding levels of another class, conversely you could make this character an "Advisor" to the female Noble instead of a bodyguard, Force Adepts make great advisors. The only other way to be Force-Sensitive is to spend your first level feat on it and multi-class into FA or JG later. There are pros and cons to both options, personally I would probably just start off as a FA.
    6. Any of the suggestions presented above would make a great addition to the group you described. I'm sure nobody would ever say "Why did you make that damned Soldier/Force Adept."

......unless you're being chassed by inquisitors
    One, We are One. Are you One, Herbert?

Check out the A&EGS

Hardcore Player

Thumbs up On the subject of 2 characters.

Every single one of my players has a Primary Character and a Secondary Character (that started off as an NPC) We rarely have problems with too many characters. In the game I'm about to start playing everybody has 2 or more secondary characters.

Infact the extra characters allowed me to run an excellent story arch where 3 of the 4 players Primary Characters were kidnapped by a Darkside Cult and the other characters had to find and rescue them. The secondary characters allowed all the players to play all the time in every session and the story went really well.
    One, We are One. Are you One, Herbert?

Check out the A&EGS

Skilled Player

Here is another one:

Krish Soldier
    They are very aggressive, strong, and go after strong difficult prey rather then weak. They love sports, gambling, etc and they often become bounty hunters and mercs They are also easily goaded so plan on picking many fights.

Skilled Player

Smile Playing 2 Characters

Well I'm just used to playing one along with everyone else having only one active character. This way we focus on fully developing one character and since we have a large enough group (6 to 8) one character per is enough to make up a solid party.

Our group has only three players so the GM let us have two so that we could specialize them and have a more rounded group.

Munchkin

An Anx Scout.
    That would put someone in a good intimidating position, being so tall, and they make for neat Scouts, and you don't seem to have anyone along those lines as of yet.
    Any Gamers live in Houston? Go here.

Leet: adj. Has a satisfying quality, is enjoyable, is better than other comparable nouns. syn. cool, neat, elite, awesome.

Skilled Player

A Farghul Scoundrel:

They are a cat like race, love to play on words and do sleight of hand tricks and mental games. They love ornate things and con-games. Lastly, they very much distrust the Empire although they dont say so publicly.

Thread Information