Thread: Did the ancient Sith have blasters?

New Player

Default Did the ancient Sith have blasters?

I can't seem to find it anywhere, Did the ancient Sith (ie Naga Sadow) have blasters or was it just those lanvorak or whatever they are?
    It could be I am just overlooking something in the sourcebooks but....
    Single, white Jedi... Just kidding.. I'm married.

commander of the Homicide, fallen Jedi Gaurdian turned renegade
    grand rapids, michigan and you thought Coruscant had bad weather

I remember that in the han solo trilogy when the went looking for the treasure on Xim the despot, they came acrost some blast tubes with are like backpack blasters that are un accurate and not very reliable from the era of the sith.
    Boss, please tell me you're not putting us in women's clothing."
    "Very well. I'm not putting us in women's clothing."
    […]
    "You lied to me."
    "I did. With my brilliant achievements in the diplomatic profession has come the realization that lies can be powerful motivators."
    "My faith is shattered."
    Hobbie & Wedge (SoA)
    ADUMAR ADUMAR ADUMAR ADUMAR

Shannon

From the Tales of the Jedi Sourcebook, plasma weapons were the norm until somewhere between 3,500-4,000 BBY, IIRC. Although, without my sourcebooks at hand, I can't give you a precise answer on blasters during Naga Sadow's era specifically. But, depending on when you're talking in the timline of the "ancient Sith", the answer may be yes or no.

Captain of the Star Destroyer "Vengeance"

the Sith Battleship in the DSSB is armed with blaster cannons... whether they had a miniaturized blaster pistol, I can't say. I think most of the Tales of the Jedi comics only gave the Sith swords and lightsabers... but their security droids in Gamer #5 had blaster rifles apparently.. I'd say draw your own conclusions- if they had blaster technology, chances are the weapons are a little less powerful, accurate and heavier. the A&E Guide has a few game stats for earlier weapons as well.
    No longer satisfied blowing droids apart, the cyborg Jawa ordered his very own "Little Tyke Death Star" kit from Imperial Toy Makers

"But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." —George W. Bush, summing up his first year in office, Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2001

Thread Information