Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Tie Fighter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tie Fighter

Exclamation New Tie Fighter

In the latest LucasArts newsletter, shots from the new game Rogue Squadron III were included. There was a 3D model of a new tie fighter, that was absolutely off the hook. Does anyone have any information about this new ship, anything at all will do. I love new ties, and this one is great!

-CommanderSerov
    Y tu mama' tambien!

YOu know a name? cause i have not heard of this. Wonder whats its purpose is though? cause all Imperial TIEs have already exhausted their functions. Cloaking. Bombing. Tanks. INterceptors. Droids. Mentioning the many TIEs out there. I think they never made a TIE walker?

Default New tie

I do not know the name, but have only seen a pic... It is sleek and has a profile reminiscent of an interceptor, with a fairly large engine emplied, as well as some very large gunports. Give me your email and I will foreward a pic to you.
    Y tu mama' tambien!

Munchkin

I think the purpose is to uppdate technology. The original TIE was a basic interceptor, then the TIE Interceptor came in and kicked butt; now this new TIE is the best of the best as far as I can tell. The 181st has a few of these, if I'm not guessing incorrectly.
    Any Gamers live in Houston? Go here.

Leet: adj. Has a satisfying quality, is enjoyable, is better than other comparable nouns. syn. cool, neat, elite, awesome.

Rebel Insurgent

Originally posted by Tossk
    I think the purpose is to uppdate technology. The original TIE was a basic interceptor, then the TIE Interceptor came in and kicked butt; now this new TIE is the best of the best as far as I can tell. The 181st has a few of these, if I'm not guessing incorrectly.
    Better than a TIE interceptor is a TIE advanced. That has the interceptor style cut-aways on both the front and back of the wings. Quad lasers are mounted on the wings like the interceptor, there are also missile tubes underneath the cockpit. It also (the Avenger version at least) has a sort of flattened engine section.

Better than a TIE advanced is a TIE defender - iirc, the 181st is known to have flown these at one point. The defender has three wing arrays equally spaced around the fuselage. Each of these has two wings sticking out at angles, like a Y.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's neither of those. Lucasarts loves making up new TIE designs. (It's like they have some kind of random TIE generator.)
    "You're good, but you're no Wes Janson." - Wes Janson

"You are never certain that a person will notice something but there is a good chance the person is going to have to kill it sooner or later. Therefore my padawan, never get any awareness or stealth skills, just be really good at killing." - Jedi Master Yatzi Googol Safefefe

Shannon

I can only assume this is the TIE you are asking about. I'm not sure about it, and we likely really won't know until the game is released. But it is an interesting design.

No, I am familiar with the tie family. I know ints, adv's (most famous varients) defenders, raptors, bombers, scims, uglies (incld deathseeds) crawlers and about everything else. This is brand new. Post your email and I'll send a copy.
    Y tu mama' tambien!

Default That's the beast!

Yeah, Shannon, that;s the one. I am jonsing to know more!
    Y tu mama' tambien!

itty bitty living space!

It does look like an update to the TIE Interceptor design.

Looks pretty sweet.
    I am the Waffler!

Would anyone mind to attach an image here in this message and share it with the community? I don't know what you are talking about. Thank you.

Wow an interesting design but looks like it will follow the Interceptor pathway. Those wings are just calling for it .

Shannon

Originally posted by Deck
    Would anyone mind to attach an image here in this message and share it with the community? I don't know what you are talking about. Thank you.
    Well, I put a link above, but when a Mod asks you to post a pic, what can you say??

Here you go:

Edit: Oops, I attached the image instead of putting it inline. Deleted attachment and posted image.
    Last edited by farr0095; 2 August 2003 at 04:10 AM.

While it does look like it's following the T/I and T/A line, judging from the pic it'll carry the T/A wing-mount quad laser & internal warhead launchers, but adds a pair of ion or some other heavy cannon in the wing roots. The wings also appear to be S-Foiled & fold up similar to the venerable X-Wing.

It looks very much like Sienar Fleet Systems has produced a design similar to the Twi'Lek Chir'Daki, but without the B-W style stabilizer ring around the cockpit, with typical SFS styling, and probably some suitably Imperial name tacked onto it, like TIE Enforcer (T/E).

Interesting, one wonders if this is going to be a standard SFS design or some Warlord Custom...
    Last edited by Vanger Chevane; 2 August 2003 at 05:20 AM.
    First Law of GMing: Semper Gumby
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Wisdom is a lot like the Blues. You have to suffer to get it right.

Rebel Insurgent

I don't see evidence of wing mounted quadlasers, warhead launchers or a stabiliser ring. The wings could be foldable, though the little raised sections (look like air intakes, lights at the back of them) would mean they wouldn't lie flat.

I wouldn't get too excited about the ship, lucasarts churns new TIEs out all over the place.
    The ship looks unaccountably familiar to me, which makes me wonder whether one of the experimental TIEs in SWA had a similar design.
    "You're good, but you're no Wes Janson." - Wes Janson

"You are never certain that a person will notice something but there is a good chance the person is going to have to kill it sooner or later. Therefore my padawan, never get any awareness or stealth skills, just be really good at killing." - Jedi Master Yatzi Googol Safefefe

Well it does look abit like the Chiss Claw Craft so perhaps....its a precursor to that design.

Thread Information