Thread: Buyng Star Wars rpg books through Amazon.com

Question Buyng Star Wars rpg books through Amazon.com

I recently sold my entire Star Wars rpg collection on ebay and am now in the market to start a new one. Don't ask me why I sold it only to turn around and buy it again (well most of it); I haven't even fully figured it out myself. At any rate, I am going to buy most if not all of the books through Amazon.com and had a few questions I hope one of you here may help me with.

First, are the revised corerules books they sell the "second printing".

Second, one of the biggest reasons I am buying them through Amazon (besides their great prices) is that I think if I use the link from this website and buy them, swrpgnetwork gets a small amount of the sale. Is this correct? Additionally I will be buying most of the books I want (all of the books for the revised d20 SW rpg series) at one time. Will this site get the same amount, if the above is correct, as if I bought them all seperately?

Third, does anyone have any idea (this month next month, etc), from past experience, when Amazon will get the Galactic Campaign Gude in. If I recal correctly, Amazon is notorious for getting new d20 SW products in long after other retailers get theirs in stock.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

P.S. Hello to the board! While I am a longtime "lurker," this is my first post.

Webmaster: Servais Sector, Reviewed Sites / Link Archive, SWAG

Welcome to the boards, Eric (or, at least, congrats on a first post!).

> are the revised corerules books they sell the "second printing"

Can't tell you that. You might be able to check against the ISBN (078692876X) to find out. I seem to remember reading that different printings get different ISBNs, but I could be wrong.

> Will this site get the same amount, if the above is correct, as if I bought them all seperately?

Yes, SWRPGNetwork should get a small "commision" from the sale. It shouldn't matter if you buy them all together or separately; Amazon's payment system simply works off of a percentage of the purchase price.

> when Amazon will get the Galactic Campaign Gude

Not a clue there, I'm afraid.
    Chris Curtis / ICQ: 3114497 / AIM: oldarmygary
    Star Wars Artists' Guild, Servais Sector, Chris Curtis dot Org

Experienced Player
    "if there is a bright center to the galaxy, this is the place its farthest from."

I recently bought a few books from amazon from here also.

The Core Rule Book was the second printing of the RCRB. But they do have some used ones, so if you are getting one of those, I couldn't tell you.

I bought the galactic campaign guide from them, but I don't expect to see it until mid to late september. I pre-ordered it.

Hope that helps
    "Trade Federation blockade?...Baw. Its a piece of cake, Baby! Hold my drink and watch this!"

Skilled Player
    Coruscant, Coruscant, Coruscant (they're all one and the same, really)

I bought the galactic campaign guide from them, but I don't expect to see it until mid to late september. I pre-ordered it.
    The Amazon listing says September 2003, which is the best they can do until they suddenly switch between inactive to active ordering. I'm still wondering when, in August, the retailers are supposed to get it (even the Insider doesn't state the date). I also want to help out the Network with purchases through Amazon (considering my lack of any 2003 books).

Does the link have to be the exact book(s) I want to order from Amazon, or will just any link do? For anyone who has ordered from them before, what condition did your books come in, especially from Super Saver Shipping deals?
    "I'm feeling pheklempt! Tawk amongst yourselves. Here's a topic for you: the Death Star was neither a 'death' nor a 'star'... DISCUSS!" -- Linda Richman

Jerry Goldsmith: 1929-2004
    Elmer Bernstein: 1922-2004
    .... a dire year in the history of film music.

Don't blame Lucas: Greedo actually won initiative, then attack-rolled a 1.

Blog Entries

The best way to order and give us the maximum percentage of the sale is to find each item in our store section here, click on the "purchase this book" link, and then add the item to your shopping cart. Go back to the store here on the site, click on the link to the next book you want, and repeat. Each item has to be ordered from a direct link from SWRPGNetwork.
    Rodney "Moridin" Thompson
    Game Designer
    Webmaster, SWRPGNetwork
    Follow me on Twitter: @AntarianRanger

The Dude

Originally posted by Moridin

The best way to order and give us the maximum percentage of the sale is to find each item in our store section here, click on the "purchase this book" link, and then add the item to your shopping cart. Go back to the store here on the site, click on the link to the next book you want, and repeat. Each item has to be ordered from a direct link from SWRPGNetwork.
    Oops. I wish I'd known that before...

Already bought 3 books, the RCRB, the NJOSB, and SotG. I bought the RCRB on the day it came out, and it came to me about 3 days after (especially considering that it said "usually ships within 24 hours," and that I put it on "expedited International delivery," which was 4-7 business days. Wanted to get it within the week, but damn that was fast.) The other two I bought through Amazon.ca. I wanted it in Canadian dollars, but now with the US$ vs. CA$ (It's going up!), I'm gonna go with the .com one.

D6 Forever!

Lightbulb

That's an interesting bit of knowledge there, Moridin. I think, due to that, I'm going to make this a sticky thread so others that want to buy things and help this website will know where to look.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Thanks for the help. I never would have thought of orderming my books the way Moridin described.

The Dude

Originally posted by Eric Dawson
    Thanks for the help. I never would have thought of orderming my books the way Moridin described.
    Neither did I.

But with a little bit of luck, and a bit of convincing, I'll be allowed to buy a few more books through the links, especially since no hobby stores carry the books, and the Coles has only about 2 copies of 2 books...

Shadow Master

Default Star Wars Gamer

Speaking of buying books on E-Bay. Has anyone seen the Star Wars Gamer Magazines for sale anywhere? I use to have the complete set till I left the states for a little while to work and my wife threw them out thinking they were "just" magazines and not rare RPG material.
    Clone Commando CP-647 "Gig", Sigma-Squad Slicer
    GM: Shadows in the Dark w/ me being The Shadow Master
    Follow me to the Abyss
    GM: Fortune of the Jaded Angel w/ me funneling chaos to the crew.

I buy my Star Wars rpg books through Amazon.co.uk
    Want to play Star Wars RPG PBEM? Then just go to www.starwars-chronicles.com

Star Wars Chronicles Fan Fiction projects:

Truce at Bakura - Finally in the works

Short Stories - Duel of Fates and Honour's 1st draft finished, currently under revision!

Thread Information