Thread: How, when and why???

Veteran Player

Default How, when and why???

In the dark nest series, we learn that jacen has been trianing with other force traditions, including the white current. BUT how did he even find them, let alone get accepted into being a student?
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

Well he might have asked Luke.
    Luke trained with a Adept of the White Current in the Black Fleet Crisis-Trilogy and IIRC the Order of the White Current was located on J'P'tan (or something spelled similar).
    And IIRC the Adepts of the White Current only accept members if they are descendant of a former White Current Adept. That's what they told Luke.
    Uron's game Archive
    ├ L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    Potentate of the Rose

Veteran Player

But it was proven that luke was NOT a decendant of a former member. And with jacen not even being of his loins (therefore does not get the decendant lineiage) how did he qualify?
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

The Fallanassi adept who "convinced" Luke that he was decendant of a former White Current Adept was Akanah. She became leader of the order after the High Priestress Wialu died.
    So far for the facts. And after reading the Black Fleet Crisis I had the impression that Akanah wasn't a hard-liner as the other Fallanassi. May it be due to the fact that she spent her entire life without the Order she wasn't like her mother.
    And from wookieepedia:
    Jacen Solo spent a period studying with Akanah to understand the White Current while he attempted to gain a wider understanding of the Force.
    Well I don't know if this is true, but it could make sense. Jacen studied only with Akanah and not with the entire order. And maybe the means of understanding the force/white current were enough to convince Akanah that the knowledge of the white current is in good hands with him.
    BTW, the Order of the White Current was moved from J't'p'tan to Pydyr.

Further question:
    How often does Jacen use the Immersion and Illusion skills of the White Current after the Vong-War?
    Uron's game Archive
    ├ L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    Potentate of the Rose

Veteran Player

Cool

Jason's powers and his outlook on the Force are just scary. Of course that's all being attended to in the upcoming series. I would imagine that he uses the 'Force Cloak' whenever he feels like it, especially to protect his newfound loved ones.
    'The Three Little Pigs' is just childhood propaganda for the brick industry.

"Why am I always mad? I'm Sith, you git! We're supposed to be angry!"

Angry

Oh, come on you people! Jacen's power in the White Current is pretty much as basic as it gets. So, even if Luke trained in it he won't tell Jacen about it. DU'H

Thread Information