Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 1001ways to respond to an attack roll

Hunter of the Jedi Hunters

116) *deadpan* your attack hits and you inflict ____ points of damage.

"Aurora, I think now would be a good time to tell you that you're the most breathtaking beauty I ever saw in my life, and that I love you more than words can describe."
    ---Kyle Pantrakahs, to Aurora Concord as they were cornered by an elite platoon of Yuuzhan Vong warriors

I challenge the cult of the omnipotent state and defend the rights of the individual.

117. (Getting strangled in a grapple) You vainly pull at his wrists, struggling to break the iron grip closed around your neck. Dark spots flash across your vision as breathing becomes a monumental task. The world begins to blur as he squeezes tighter each time you exhale, just as a serpent constricting its prey!
    Last edited by Kyle Pantrakahs; 16 December 2003 at 11:33 AM.
    "Aurora, I think now would be a good time to tell you that you're the most breathtaking beauty I ever saw in my life, and that I love you more than words can describe."
    ---Kyle Pantrakahs, to Aurora Concord as they were cornered by an elite platoon of Yuuzhan Vong warriors

I challenge the cult of the omnipotent state and defend the rights of the individual.

The Last Mandalorian

Wink How my GM usually describes things.

118. Aww damn it!!!!!

119. Son of a....

120. How the hell did you....

121. But I worked on that guy for 2 hours!!!

122. Not really, you miss.

123. That damn die is weighted, get another one.

124. A crit? Err no, this stormtrooper is undead, you can't crit him.

125. I hate my life.
    Arcome
    Lost...but on a mission.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll just take you down to their level, and then win with experience.

Some men have thousands of reasons why they can't do what they want. When all they need is one reason why they can.

Duct-tape Jedi Master of the Possum Order

The description of the attack made by a cowering TS using a hold-out blaster on a binary load lifter modified to be an heavy weapons platform (e-web cannons, shields, and military grade programming). Upon rolling, the TS managed a string of quad 20's followed by a 19.

119) Ummmm... yeah... you curl up in the fetal position with your back to the monsterous droid bearing down on you and scream like a little girl. Sticking your blaster beneath your armpit, you fire blindly behind you. The sound of your blaster firing is followed by the sound of several richottes and a roaring explosion. A wave of heat washes over you and bits of hot metal bounce off your back. A silence descends on the corridore, filled only by your girlish screems.

Side note: to date, the TS has only "hit" 13 times and this has been his only kill.
    "Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati" (If all else fails, play dead)
    - Possum Lodge motto, The Red Green Show

Lord of the Expanse
    A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy: Your Closet!

Actual event this weekend...

120. The Emperor turns to face you with his lightsaber poised to strike. You can see in his eyes that the battle which has raged all over his throne room has worn him down but a powerful rage still fuels him to slash you to pieces. With blinding speed you thrust your claws toward his heart and the Emperor is unable to dodge in time, you razor sharp fingers pierce his chest and then thrust out the back of his body, his heart in your hand still beating slowly. A pause enters the Emperors eyes as he slides off your arm and then a sneer crosses his face as his body explodes in a flash of white light and then the room begins to fill with carbon freeze gas. You realize this was all an elaborate trap to lure you and your companions into this room...

Originally posted by Jedi Wrestler
    Actual event this weekend...

120. The Emperor turns to face you with his lightsaber poised to strike. You can see in his eyes that the battle which has raged all over his throne room has worn him down but a powerful rage still fuels him to slash you to pieces. With blinding speed you thrust your claws toward his heart and the Emperor is unable to dodge in time, you razor sharp fingers pierce his chest and then thrust out the back of his body, his heart in your hand still beating slowly. A pause enters the Emperors eyes as he slides off your arm and then a sneer crosses his face as his body explodes in a flash of white light and then the room begins to fill with carbon freeze gas. You realize this was all an elaborate trap to lure you and your companions into this room...
    whoa...sweeeet!

121. Your mighty swing buries the vibroaxe deep into his stomach. He gasps and crumples over as you yank the weapon out, pulling a trail of intenstines with it. (Yeah, I know, I've got some gross ones )
    Last edited by Kyle Pantrakahs; 16 December 2003 at 11:38 AM.

I went ahead and made a text file with all of these responses on it and tried to categorize them.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Skilled Player

I usually just let my players handle where they attack hit and all that, sometimes i have to tell them where the attack hits, but if i say 'you hit' they usually describe it for me... good luck

Duct-tape Jedi Master of the Possum Order

I love having my players describe their attack. I have them describe the attack and then they roll their dice. I'll tell them if and where they hit and then descirbe the enemy's response. I play with some anime and Jon Wu fans and so we get some really descriptive/captivating battles.
    "Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati" (If all else fails, play dead)
    - Possum Lodge motto, The Red Green Show

122. (Getting tripped after a failed trip attempt) Well, you realize all those years of watching action holovids hasn't paid off as he almost nonchantly catches your wild front-kick. He grins maliciously as he flings your leg upwards, sending you sprawling onto your back.

Experienced Player

these are real good. I will be using these as a player and as a gm

C'mon, doesn't anyone wanna post some more?!

123. (Drain Energy) Your opponent smiles at you mockingly as you feel a cold wave wash over your hands. You try to fire your blasters, but they merely click as all power escapes from them.

Lord of the Expanse

Default 1001 seems so far away...

124. Reaching for your blaster in a flash you find it strange how slow everything seems. You realize you are moving as fast as you can but it seems so slow...mainly because your opponents fist is hurtling towards you at what does appear to be a blinding speed. As his large knuckles hit your nose, you find the small splattering sound quite intersting. A blinding flash of light explodes through your senses, as you come to you wonder if it was from the punch or your blaster shot which appears to have cooked off the right side of your opponents face.

Lord of the Expanse

Default How about attack rolls that hit PCs...

125. You've spent the last few seconds jumping and rolling as the cadre of space pirates make their best attempt to empty their blaster packs at your expense. Just as you were beginning to feel a sense of pride at their inability to hit you..your knee explodes in pain. As you crumple to the ground you realize that the shot has blown your leg clean off at the knee. Just as you wonder what the cost of a prosthetic is going to run you a second shot catches you in the chest, ending the mental exercise.

Lord of the Expanse

Default This one was inflicted on my PC...

126. You find yourself surrounded by Tyris and his two Jensaarai Masters. Though this was supposed to be an honor dual between you, your two friends and these renegades, you are starting to suspect they are not really pulling their punches. Your companions suspect the same themselves, and appear to be struggling with compromising their agreement and stepping in to help the situation.

As a master of defense you believed your superior expertise, lightsaber defense, exceptional dexterity and defensive martial training have made you untouchable. In the face of three well trained force combatants they appear unable to breach your defenses, until the ground you are spinning on gives out. You realize the rock you were pushing off of to escape an attack must have been flawed as it shatters and causes you to pause for a split second, a split second too long.

Nikko Tyris' lightsaber cuts a swift slash from above your eye down through your cheek. The burning sensation and your loss of sight on your right side rush through your mind. As you succomb to unconsciousness you hear Tyris mutter in disdain, "Look boys, Master Zarix's brains do exist. I guess now that I see them first hand I'll have to pay up on our bet..."

Thread Information