Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lando

New Player
    Arizona (Hot as Tatooine and not as much to see)

Question Lando

Has anything ever been published, canon or apocryphal stating Lando's homeworld?
    ------------------------------
    "Indeed you are powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen."
    -Lord Darth Vader
    The Empire Strikes Back OOPS! Return of the Jedi

Experienced Player

The databank at the official Star Wars site lists his homeworld as "Unknown," so I'd say there isn't.
    ++++++
    Kordeth
    "An absolute monarchy is one in which the sovereign does as he pleases, so long as he pleases the assassins."
    --Ambrose Bierce

I've relinqueshed control of my Insanity

I think I like it that way. Lando is more interesting with some mystery to him. almost like Boba Fett, but we all know where he came from now.

To bad we can't use that "well, when two people really love each other" excuse anymore when someone asks where Boba is from. Now we have to say "When a scientist is really bored and has the galaxies best bounty hunter on hand" or something like that.....
    Reality is but a figment

Ironically, I know a rumor cropped up a while ago that had Lando being a clone, for what ever thats worth.

Dark Lord, and the Fourth Centurion, of the HotShot Quiz
    Roaming the Tombs of the Sith Lords on Korriban

Oh no!!! The next thing you know, the Galactic Alliance is going to have to take on his evil counterpart, Laando.

Seriously though, with the way that Lando dresses and how he speaks, I would guess that he's probably Coruscant-born, although I wouldn't rule out Kuat, Corellia, or even possibly Chandrila.

Darth Fierce
    Last edited by Darth Fierce; 9 October 2003 at 04:45 AM.
    Currently Working On:
    --The Holonet Alien Anthology
    --The Friends and Foes Compendium
    In loving memory of P.C., we who knew you will never forget you...

Rebel Insurgent

Seriously though, with the way that Lando dresses and how he speaks, I would guess that he's probably Coruscant-born, although I wouldn't rule out Kuat, Corellia, or even possibly Chandrila.
    Yeah, but knowing him he could be from a rim world and simply have adopted the style. We know very little about Lando's younger days. The Han Solo trilogy (not the old one) has some oblique references. I'm pretty certain it mentions he had parents, makign it unlikely he's a clone (not that I'd take that idea seriously in the first place). I think the reasons for his deep seated dislike of the Empire come from those times too, suggesting that possibly his parents were maybe killed/disappeared by the Empire - though I suspect it'd be something a little more complex, since this is far too common a device.
    "You're good, but you're no Wes Janson." - Wes Janson

"You are never certain that a person will notice something but there is a good chance the person is going to have to kill it sooner or later. Therefore my padawan, never get any awareness or stealth skills, just be really good at killing." - Jedi Master Yatzi Googol Safefefe

I could have sworn that all earlier information on Lando (from action figure cards, coloring books, etc.) said he was Corellian so he would be from Corellia. Of course that was in the early to mid eighties so who knows.
    When you wish on a falling star, dreams can come true.

Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life.

Than your pretty much hosed no matter what you wished for. Unless your wish was death by meteor, than you can die soundly knowing that wishes do come true.

Lando never seemed to have a deep seated dislike of the empire in TESB. and after TESB well cloud city was eneugh for him to hate the empire...

I know Lando wa originaly supposed to be a clone of the Ashanti family, but that was in the draft the movie and isnt true. As for his homeworld, I don't know, though I doubt its Corellia

Eh, ground best not trodden on if you ask me. Boba Fett, in my mind, was a much more menacing and appealing character before we heard him issue the words "Fire!!" in the cocpit of his clone-dad's ship. But, my guess is that Lando isn't a copy, because after all, he's the galaxy's number one ladykiller .
    Net.Guide to Religion
    "Poor God, all the stupidities He gets blamed for!" - Pilot Blackthorne

Coming (Not-so) soon - The Kelios Wars -
    War is hell. Welcome to the ninth circle.

Not just another Experienced Player...

Originally posted by Fred Getce
    I could have sworn that all earlier information on Lando (from action figure cards, coloring books, etc.) said he was Corellian so he would be from Corellia. Of course that was in the early to mid eighties so who knows.
    I remember that too.

Dark Lord, and the Fourth Centurion, of the HotShot Quiz
    Roaming the Tombs of the Sith Lords on Korriban

Well, we know for sure that he likely isn't Alderannian, otherwise he wouldn't have been so willing to deal with the Empire before he lost Cloud City. Also, you'd think that he'd at least know of Leia before the Millenium Falcon arrived at Cloud City if Lando was Alderaanian, and he appears to have no knowledge of her when they met in TESB.

In light of what has been mentioned, I'd place my money on that he is Corellian, although he might even be someone who was able to rise above the mean streets of a place like Nar Shaddaa. Then again, how does Lando seem to know so much about Coruscant that even our other heroes don't (e.g., that hot chocolate is a great treat on the planet)?

Darth Fierce
    Last edited by Darth Fierce; 13 October 2003 at 03:58 AM.
    Currently Working On:
    --The Holonet Alien Anthology
    --The Friends and Foes Compendium
    In loving memory of P.C., we who knew you will never forget you...

Immoderator

Originally posted by Fred Getce
    He's Corellian, but this only narrows it down to a sector, not a planet. But he definitely hails from the Corellian sector.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

Rebel Insurgent

Originally posted by BrianDavion
    Lando never seemed to have a deep seated dislike of the empire in TESB. and after TESB well cloud city was eneugh for him to hate the empire...
    Lando certainly does dislike the Empire in ESB - Han's "he's got no love for Empire" is enough to establish this. But with his responsibilities, he has also become pragmatic, and sees makes a deal as the best way to aid Cloud City and its residents. Of course, by the end of the film, he has learned his lesson and idealism has won through over pragmatism.

Lando being from the Corellian sector makes sense. I can't imagine him as an actual Corellian - for example, Han never refers to him as a fellow Corellian.
    "You're good, but you're no Wes Janson." - Wes Janson

"You are never certain that a person will notice something but there is a good chance the person is going to have to kill it sooner or later. Therefore my padawan, never get any awareness or stealth skills, just be really good at killing." - Jedi Master Yatzi Googol Safefefe

he's got no love for the empire is no suprise. most smugglers don't

Thread Information