Thread: The Great Droid Revolution

Experienced Player
    "if there is a bright center to the galaxy, this is the place its farthest from."

Question The Great Droid Revolution

Could someone please define this for me? I thought I read a little about it in both the Dark Side Source Book and the Jedi Sourcebook. To my remeberances (about a month since I read it) the Revolution happened on Coruscant just before the Sith War (3998 BBY).

In the campaign I'm running now, I am having it lead up to this, then into the Sith War itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    "Trade Federation blockade?...Baw. Its a piece of cake, Baby! Hold my drink and watch this!"

New Player

A quick Google search turned up this tidbit:

Great Droid Revolution
    An uprising of droids on Coruscant which occurred about 5,000 PE, in which the Jedi Master Arca learned the technique of short-circuiting a droid by using the Force.
    There was no source for that info, though it agrees with another timeline I found.

My understanding is that prior to the Great Droid Revolution, it was far more commonplace to allow droids to develop their own personalities. In the wake of the Great Droid Revolution, memory wipes and restraining bolts were seen as necessary precautions by most droid owners.

Experienced Player
    "if there is a bright center to the galaxy, this is the place its farthest from."

Thanks for the hints. I thought it was about 4000 BBY, but when I did a search on Google also (thanks) I found several timelines that also indicate it was 5000 BBY.

That isn't helping my story much. Oh well, I guess there might be another way... I could have this thing happen on another planet nearby. Maybe on one of Duro's many orbiting spaceplatforms.

Also, if there is a way that Arca Jeth found a way to disrupt the internal workings of a droid using the force, that might be very helpful for the party to learn. Maybe there will be a meeting with him soon...if they don't turn to the dark side first.

Thanks for the help Johnny.
    "Trade Federation blockade?...Baw. Its a piece of cake, Baby! Hold my drink and watch this!"

Arca Jeth's disabling the droid struck me as most likely an application of force strike

New Player

While Force Strike would cover it, I've created a Feat called Kinetic Disassmbly to address use of the Force to stun or destroy a droid. (It's an ability that's popping up more and more in the EU, and my version is adapted from the Stun/Disable/Destroy Droid in Knights of the Old Republic.)

Check out Kinetic Disassembly on this page. The VP costs aren't final, but I think the overall concept works well.

Experienced Player

Talking Sightly off topic, but...

I like the Kinetic Disassembly Feat. I hadn't thought of it that way before, but I'm sure we could incorporate it into our campaign. It will probably be lost for all time by the time the Clone Wars come around, because I don't forsee my PC's living long enough to pass that knowledge on. It might even be destroyed when Ossus gets blown to bits.

That is if they live long enough to even learn the feat in the first place.

Bwahahahahaha

Captain of the Star Destroyer "Vengeance"

funny, in the campaign i'm running i'm setting up a new "droid revolution" with a trio of droids "working for the man." (pun intended)

I think this would make a great PC:

PC 1: "I am Droidacus, a slave to the man... and ithorians, Sallustans, Twi'leks, Hutts (don't get me started)... suffice it to say, I've been a slave all my life. This night, my slavery ends. This night, I plot to usurp authority and become my own master. And this night, you're coming with me."
    R2 Unit: Beep-woooo.
    PC 1: "That's right, you can have your own blaster."
    R2 Unit: Beep-beep!
    No longer satisfied blowing droids apart, the cyborg Jawa ordered his very own "Little Tyke Death Star" kit from Imperial Toy Makers

"But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." óGeorge W. Bush, summing up his first year in office, Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2001

Thread Information