View Poll Results: Whats Your Favorite NJO book.

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vector Prime

4 5.33%
  • Dark Tide 1: Onslaught

2 2.67%
  • Dark Tide 2: Ruin

3 4.00%
  • Agents of Chaos 1: Hero's Trial

0 0%
  • Agents of Chaos 2: Jedi Eclipse

0 0%
  • Balance Point

2 2.67%
  • Recovery

2 2.67%
  • Edge of Victory 1: Conquest

0 0%
  • Edge of Victory 2: Rebirth

3 4.00%
  • Star by Star

23 30.67%
  • Dark Journey

0 0%
  • Enemy Lines 1: Rebel Dream

3 4.00%
  • Enemy Lines 2: Rebel Stand

4 5.33%
  • Traitor

14 18.67%
  • Destiny's Way

4 5.33%
  • Ylesia

0 0%
  • Force Heretic 1: Remnant

3 4.00%
  • Force Heretic 2: Refugee

0 0%
  • Force Heretic 3: Reunion

0 0%
  • The Final Prophecy

1 1.33%
  • The Unifying Force

7 9.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite New Jedi Order Book

Grand Admiral
    Bridge of the Imperial Star Destroyer Chimaera

I have to go with the Rebel Lines Duology because it was well thought out and the New Republic finally gets a chance to kick ass and take names. Also, I have to disagree with you Nova, Traitor by far was my least favorite book due to the Potentium thing about the Force. The Force clearly has a Dark Side and a Light Side. I mean practically every Sith or Dark Sider has, if they live long enough, a deteriorating effect on the body. You can't just say that was life. The Potentium Heresy, if it were true, would'nt have those side affects. So clearly the Potentium is not entirely true. Destiny's Way was also good. I actually didn't read Star By Star(but I do know what happened) so I can't say if it's good or not. May the Force be with you all.
    "I forget nothing.", Thrawn(The Last Command)

(\__/)
    (+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him
    (")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination!

Currently Playing:
    Toryn Vale [SAGA] Rights of Sentience

Worked On:
    Kashyyyk and Other Worlds Sourcebook - A HoloNet Members Project (Stalled)
    Another Add-on Story (Yuuzhan Vong)

Warlord, Mass Muderer, and General Bad Guy, (Im just missuderstood, Got It)

You have to read deeper into whats said linkstarwars. What it says is the Light and Dark side exist, but they exist in the individual and not in the force. A person who acts out of evil and death taints the force inside of them, like adding poison to water, and eventually doing it detroys their mind and body. It is not the force that is doing this, the force is an element of life and does not do this, but the taint of the person and the evil inside them in which the dark side exists. Using that example also explains why the dark side seems to linger, and is ultimatly self destructive. For someone like Jacen Solo, they know what their actions mean and act out of a complete calm that is without evil but with emotion. Ensuring that their actions are niether rash or cold.

Stand firm, America. Weather the storm.

What it says is the Light and Dark side exist, but they exist in the individual and not in the force. A person who acts out of evil and death taints the force inside of them, like adding poison to water, and eventually doing it detroys their mind and body. It is not the force that is doing this, the force is an element of life and does not do this, but the taint of the person and the evil inside them in which the dark side exists. Using that example also explains why the dark side seems to linger, and is ultimatly self destructive. For someone like Jacen Solo, they know what their actions mean and act out of a complete calm that is without evil but with emotion. Ensuring that their actions are niether rash or cold.
    Couldn't have said it better myself, Kanner. That's what was so beautiful about Traitor--the whole Potentium Heresy was a "new" concept that was simple, logical, and should have been apparent to us the whole time. Truly a revolutionary novel in the saga of Star Wars.
    "You're good, but you're no Luke Skywalker."
    -Commander Wedge Antilles, X-wing: Rogue Squadron

"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular."-Proverbs

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

Grand Admiral
    Bridge of the Imperial Star Destroyer Chimaera

Thanks for clearing that up Kanner. Nova, totally sorry!
    Although I still totallyy think the Potentium thing was stupid(no offense). I think I really do prefer the original theory. Thanks again.
    "I forget nothing.", Thrawn(The Last Command)

(\__/)
    (+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him
    (")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination!

Currently Playing:
    Toryn Vale [SAGA] Rights of Sentience

Worked On:
    Kashyyyk and Other Worlds Sourcebook - A HoloNet Members Project (Stalled)
    Another Add-on Story (Yuuzhan Vong)

Originally posted by Nova Spice

That's what was so beautiful about Traitor--the whole Potentium Heresy was a "new" concept that was simple, logical, and should have been apparent to us the whole time. Truly a revolutionary novel in the saga of Star Wars.
    I can only agree.

Hamburger!

Originally posted by Nova Spice

That's what was so beautiful about Traitor--the whole Potentium Heresy was a "new" concept that was simple, logical, and should have been apparent to us the whole time. Truly a revolutionary novel in the saga of Star Wars.
    I was very surprised when one of my players developed a theory about the true nature of the force that was nearly the same as the Potentium Heresy.

I know he never read a Star Wars novel... I just sat there staring at him while he stated it like it had been obvious all the time...

He came to that point by the things that happend to his character and his view of the force... I never mentioned anything like that to him...

New Player

Force Heretic Remnant was my favorite. It wipped the Empire into action. Though, I wished the Empire would have a larger role in The Unifying Force.

Blog Entries

Well, as many of you know, I didn't, in general like the series, however, that said, I found Traitor and Star by Star to be the best written of the bunch. And of those two, I went for Traitor .
    I desire what is good. Therefore, everyone who does not agree with me is a traitor-- King George III
    "The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." -- W. Somerset Maugham
    Check out Run to the Rim (NEW! Updated 1/24/08!)
    and
    Old Friends, New Republic (Updated 12/27/07)

Character Portrait Artist

At last! An NJO Thread that isn't out to grind it into the ground!
    Modesty is like Dark Side Points. Everyone has their own opinion on where to draw the line.

Player/author/illustrator for Tam Dawncaller in Star Wars: Tapestry

Peccator out of residence

I knew Traitor already had some votes so I went with Recovery because I like Barabels.

And the Potentium heresy thing is something me and my SW friends came up with quite awhile ago. There are books around TPM that support it; evidently the Sith knew the truth, even though the Jedi had forgotten it.

Though the Potentium thing means a rework of automatic DS skills is required. Imagine a DS for using Heal Another...the 'Dark Side' was called upon to he-was it Exar? so its possible...
    If you want to contact me, a private message will work. I am currently on hiatus, but I will respond.
    Featured Quote: “The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.”
    St. Peter of Alcántara

PS: "'Psych' for short. Not Psycho. No o, oh no, no o." Ronin

Pilot in the 121st Imperial TIE Squadron

I have a friend who swears by Jacen and the Traitor book, but personaly I am big on the Dark Tide Duo.

After some consideration I have to throw my vote in for Traitor. I was unsure at first because the first time I tried to read it there was just something that I didn't like about it and I ended up putting it down and not finishing it. After I'd read a few other (non-star wars) books I went back and tried again, and completely loved it.

The Potentium Heresy was a great concept, and I think part of it's point is that it isn't one hundred percent true. But neither is how the Jedi have been looking at the Force. Both theories are incomplete, a concept I very much like since I was getting sick of how uppity the Jedi were. Everytime someone did something of supernatural nature they informed that there current beliefs about it were wrong and it was the Force. That always rubbed me the wrong way.

Experienced Player
    In the cockpit of a XJ-3 X-Wing kicking some Vong butt

Of all the NJO books, I'd go with Star by Star and Traitor. They both shocked us. In Star by Star, Anakin dies, and in Traitor, our view of the Force is turned upside down. They were both excellent books and were well written in my opinion.

Althoguh SbS was very good.. I would have to say Unifying force because we finally got to see all the charecters(still alive) Like Boba Fett and Pellion working with Solo and the final battle in orbit around courosant.
    "Time isnt a obsicle that binds us to a single path...but a gateway to the shortcuts of victory"
    -Admiral Firmus Piett

Experienced Player

I'm looking to read the book that comes right after RotJ, I feel really behind on this...sooooo, which book is it? I'm guessing Vector Prime, but I just need some reassurance.

Thread Information