Thread: SW Lego as miniatures

Skilled Player

Default SW Lego as miniatures

I've been using the Star Wars Lego minifigs and such as miniatures for my SW games for years, and wondered if anyone else did the same. My players love that they're extremely customizable, and seeing the little guys on the map board lends an air of fun to the game.

I've thought about going with the new miniatures line WotC is going to release, but I think the Legos have fully integrated themselves into our SW gaming psyche...

Dark Lord, and the Fourth Centurion, of the HotShot Quiz
    Roaming the Tombs of the Sith Lords on Korriban

Legos as minis is always a fun idea. My oldest brother once came up with a game involving the fantasy-themed Legos from years ago. It involved trying to defend your castle from invading forces. The game was a great idea, although sadly we only played the game for two or three matches before we stopped, and have yet to play it ever again. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I'd take down his charging horses before attempting to deal with the knights that had been riding on them...

Darth Fierce
    Currently Working On:
    --The Holonet Alien Anthology
    --The Friends and Foes Compendium
    In loving memory of P.C., we who knew you will never forget you...

Telecommunist

My current campaign uses a weird crossmix of customized Lego figures for the players, MircoMachine minitures for the NPCs and Starships, and Queen's Gambit figures for when I need a freck load of enemies for the players to face off against, and every now and then, I add in the figures from Star Wars Monopoly. I have a wargaming in the party, and the mix-n-match scales just drives him insane. Then there are the offical minitures coming out...
    Darth Vader was surprised to find that when Boba Fett said, "As you wish," what he really meant was, "I love you."

http://codym.s2hack.com/StarWars/

Smile SW Lego Minis!

Hello folks!

I am also a great lego fan and thought Mini models would have a great potential for gaming. So I built lots of them, which you can see on my Lego Site. Instructions will follow someday, but they're easy to build.

http://bricks.highadmiral.de
    Last edited by Deck; 23 July 2004 at 11:56 PM.

D6 Forever!

Thumbs up AWESOME

Sweet little LEGO minis there, Deck! Can't wait to see the instructions. Though I think I might be missing a few of those key pieces.

Very nicely done on all of the ships, though. Makes me want to play miniatures again.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Absent Old-Timer

Just thought you might all appreciate this comic that Terras sent me the other day. Not sure where it came from. I scared the crap out of my dog becuase I was laughing so loud.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dr. Worm
    (I'm not a real Doctor, but I am a real worm.)

"Oh, would you stop. Luke Skywalker this, Luke Skywalker that. I am sick of hearing about that little fruit!" Red Foreman- "That 70's Show"

Thank you Grimace for your feedback!

Regarding the comic, this is only one of several dozens of great comics by Greg Hyland. You can find all of his funny comics here:

Greg's Comics

Experienced Player

I too use Legos for my Combats. My players have gotten a kick out of making up their characters. I also build custom droids and vechiles.
    We all enjoy them.
    White 5

Thread Information