Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A little...much?

Retired Supreme Moff

Originally posted by REG

Sorry, but this does not faze me, especially when I have seen news reports that a group is trying to register Jedi as a religion in England.
    The whole 'Jedi as a religion' think in the UK is not actually anything serious. It was just some random idea sparked off to annoy the government for making everybody fill out census forms, and getting fined if you didn't return them on time.
    You are young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as a judge of the highest matters.

Plato, Dialogues, Theatetus

Immoderator

Originally posted by Reverend Strone
    I'm really not insulted at all- having no particular dislike for Autsralia or Australians, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to rib you about your error buddy.

I am sorry to disappoint you by not being an older, cute girl though - being the guy with the accent is an odd thing in itself to get used to when you're travelling. If I recall anything about gen con 2003 it was Darth Xavien's impersonation of my accent!
    Nah you're not. The reaction Australians and Kiwis have in regards to each other is well within the scope of the thead's title. Interestingly enough, I'm usually that guy nobody can place because I have what has nicely been described as "a TV bland American accent." (by British persons, nonetheless, who take great pride in their ability to place a person according to their accent -- even Americans) I figure it's a reaction to being raised with so many disparate English accents/dialects influencing me. I guess I just defaulted to "none" when I was learning English.

I do mean everythings, though. :p
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

Rebel Insurgent

One of my friends went to NZ and got very confused by someone pronouncing 'bed' 'beard'.
    "You're good, but you're no Wes Janson." - Wes Janson

"You are never certain that a person will notice something but there is a good chance the person is going to have to kill it sooner or later. Therefore my padawan, never get any awareness or stealth skills, just be really good at killing." - Jedi Master Yatzi Googol Safefefe

Experienced Player

Was that someone named Coach Z? Good jorb there, Homsar!
    Lost Galaxies MUD,
    high-velocity.org
    port 7777

If I have offended you in any way, just ignore me and go on with your day. My impulsiveness will be the death of me!

Default Cute Older Girl

Don't be sorry Rev, I'm taken now... besides I ended up with a girl from that hemisphere anyway (Korea, but way closer than America)

As a child (much younger than my last story) I was constantly asked where I was born. I remember this quite clearly since it continued long into my elementary school career. Now, I never understood this (because I've lived in Oklahoma all my life) but my parents clarified it for me later. Apparently I over pronunciated everything I said, so all these stupid oklahomans thought I was british. go fig. lol

Kris
    Kris "Eclipse" Vanderwater

Imperial Rules Lawyer

Question

Originally posted by Emperor Xanderich II

It was just some random idea sparked off to annoy the government for making everybody fill out census forms, and getting fined if you didn't return them on time.
    Was it the idea of the census that the British are not too fond of, or the enforcement of fine non-compliance?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Thread Information