Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: IC: Q:TU Rebel #1

Registered User Terras Jadeonar & Raven's Avatar
    Twi'lek Maseuse room, Spa Resort on Ryloth

The landing aproach wasn't too bad, and Kelvin's eyes were glued to the planet's surface ahead of them... Kelvin gathered the single bag of items and gear he had with himself, slung the rifle & bow over one shoulder and followed the cats down the ramp of the ship. Kelvin was gratefull to be on solid ground again... Kelvin looked at the assembled people - few of various rank, 2 pilots and a mechanic...

"Your dismissed, but don't stay up too late. I'll see you all in my office tomorrow at 0700."
    Kelvin couldn't help but grin, as others were greating each other, he couldn't wait to find out what was there worth to hunt...

"Hi, I'm Tia Nebular, the lead technician on this shift".
    "Pleased to meet you Ms- Ms Grease Monkey is it? or is it Mrs?" Kelvin said with a happy grin, " Kelvin Radegant, chief outdoorsman. There's no creature or species too big or small, fast or slow that I can't handle or track... "

[quote]Counting on the fact that his Brother had always somehow known the exact mood he was in, drops a hand to the Enforcer, with the other points a finger at Kelvin putting mock anger onto his face & in his voice. "You have a lot of explaining to do!"[quote]

Wait a minute, I know that voice... Kelvin thinks to himself. taken aback by the sudden aproach... Opening his mouth to say something, looking stupid with the mouth open for a half moment, before responding... "Vook?!? Fancy meeting you here you racer boy you! I would have written mom since I enlisted, but you know those upper command and their keepin us grounders busy.. " With a big grin widening on his face, "I thought I had seen that A-wing before! How's she handle? You write mom back yet to let her know how she handles?, the Awing I mean... " Kelvin grabs Vookoo for a hug, shouting "I still can't beleive its you cousin! We gotta write mom and send her a holograph sometime tonight!"

"So Vook, what's there to do in this place and do ya know of any local game that we can catch? I'm tellin ya, a week's worth of that pre-packaged stuff and i'm craving somethin fresh, y'know what I mean?"

Glancing at the female pilot, then back at Vookoo, "That was some fancy flying the both of you did. There more of a story between ya two, or who lost the fancy flyin bet?" Perhaps once the two cats were done veying for the pilot's atention, would Kelvin be able to say hi.
    ├ 3D Art @: Star Wars Artist Guild Member GalleryDeviantArt Gallery (New!)
    ├ Websites: Co-GM of: Q:TU Rebel #2 (Status: On Hold) ● "The Camp" (Status: Offline)
    ├ RPG Info: Signature #46: My Repertoire of RPGs (Updated: 09/09/2006)
    Please, just refer to me as TJR OR Terras. thx! (08/16/08)

Pleased to meet you Ms- Ms Grease Monkey is it? or is it Mrs?" Kelvin said with a happy grin, " Kelvin Radegant, chief outdoorsman. There's no creature or species too big or small, fast or slow that I can't handle or track... "
    Snorts in amusement, and disgust at the rampant display of unchecked ego.

waait a minute, I know that voice... Kelvin thinks to himself. taken aback by the sudden aproach... Opening his mouth to say something, looking stupid with the mouth open for a half moment, before responding... "Vook?!? Fancy meeting you here you racer boy you! I would have written mom since I enlisted, but you know those upper command and their keepin us grounders busy.. " With a big grin widening on his face, "I thought I had seen that A-wing before! How's she handle? You write mom back yet to let her know how she handles?, the Awing I mean... " Kelvin grabs Vookoo for a hug, shouting "I still can't beleive its you cousin! We gotta write mom and send her a holograph sometime tonight!"

"So Vook, what's there to do in this place and do ya know of any local game that we can catch? I'm tellin ya, a week's worth of that pre-packaged stuff and i'm craving somethin fresh, y'know what I mean?"
    Gives Kelvin a warm hug, then turns, one arm still over the man's shoulders. "Up to bout a month ago, nobody'd heard from ya, but (with a sidelong glance at the Farghul) you've clearly enjoyed Nar Shadaa.

Ship's top-notch, you'd expect less from our Family for what insane reason?"

Concern fills his voice and worry crosses his face "Information flow round the Rebellion is scant and slow...but that's a different story."

Closes his eyes momentarily to clear his head..."I've been here all of (checks his chrono, then says cheerily) two whole days. (normal voice) Been grounded two weeks prior after pickong up those two Squints and a wonderful case of acceleration trauma. Got the Skull...well...long story, but seems this base at least doubles as a Recovery Post, was stationed on a good Cruiser till now.

You must've really fried the droid to be Bringin Home the Bantha...which we both know is bout the lowest job in Procurement and Supply."

Glancing at the female pilot, then back at Vookoo, "That was some fancy flying the both of you did. There more of a story between ya two, or who lost the fancy flyin bet?" Perhaps once the two cats were done veying for the pilot's atention, would Kelvin be able to say hi.
    Brings his fist up under Kelvin's Jaw and lifts slightly as a warning.
    "You probably miss Star Street, but seems there isn't one here either. Don't know too much about the lady other than she's appreciative of manners & intelligence.

Mom saw how you just acted, one'd pound you into a coma, the other would see to it you regretted this for the next few months.

As talkative as you are, I wonder if they didn't make you take a Vow of Silence or something. Can ya crank the transmit strength off widecast here?"

Nods to Tobler, standing off by himself and looking vaguely uncomfortable, and semi-jokingly says "Vooko Zeelas, Silent Gungan. What brings you to the next-to-the-farthest point from the Bright Center of the Galaxy?"
    Last edited by Vanger Chevane; 25 November 2004 at 08:53 PM.
    First Law of GMing: Semper Gumby
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Wisdom is a lot like the Blues. You have to suffer to get it right.

"Up to bout a month ago, nobody'd heard from ya, but (with a sidelong glance at the Farghul) you've clearly enjoyed Nar Shadaa.

Ship's top-notch, you'd expect less from our Family for what insane reason?"
    "Oh heck yeah! Nar Shadaa was great! Great trip there, great stay there, Crix was pretty cool - no, it was awesome! I tried to write ya all somethin that I wanted to join the Rebelion and Crix was kind enough to drop me off... Nothin came to mind though. I tried to write in camp, wasn't allowed either...

Speakin of which, hey - I had to ask about the ship. I hadn't seen it since I left, and it was still unfinished yet! I'd expect nothing less than record breaking performance!"

Kelvin listens with interest to Vookoo's summary of his events "Frell man, we've got some serious catching up to do! I gotta tell ya all about camp!"

"Heh, speakin of bantha - its not exactly bantha but ya gotta try these chews!" Kelvin reaches into his pocket, hands Vookoo a palm sized bag of finger sized morsels "I used mom's recipe, almost like a taste of home!"

Brings his fist up under Kelvin's Jaw and lifts slightly as a warning.
    Kelvin raises his hand in mock surrender, "Was only askin bro!" chuckles, "Star Street.... Man I miss those... We oughta see if there's anything even remotely close here. That or borrow a few speeders and have a few races for old time's sake!"

Wincing slighty at the 'mom' part...

Kelvin laughs jovially, "Vow of silence? I took a vow or two but none of silence. The instructors had to send us all out before they had gotten a chance to make me vow to anything." putting an arm around Vookoo's shoulders, speaking in a hushed voice, "Frak man, if you think i'm talkative and obnoxious, ya shoulda rode in the same ship as those two. Somehow, I don't think my version of a shindig is even remotely the same definition as theirs." Kelvin glances towards the twin cats.

Watching Vookoo introduce himself to the Gungan, "Vookoo - Tobler, Tobler - Vookoo" Kelvin pitched in, waving a thumb over to each of them "Tobler, meet one of my kin & best bud in this entire galaxy! That Awing of his, we built in our grandma's barn - a family project of sorts. Vookoo, this is Tobler. I was sent along with him to find a few persons. He's been great company for the trip, and he's smarter than yer average Gungan."

Looking around the landing bay with a mischievious grin, "Hmmmm, I wonder if there's any WED droids around here.. Y'lnow, for old time's sake?" Kelvin pats Vookoo on the back...
    ├ Websites: Co-GM of: Q:TU Rebel #2 (Status: On Hold) ● "The Camp" (Status: Offline)

Jedi Princess

Wynn was surprised at Zeelas' warning to his cousin--and the mention of "Mom" put her in mind of her own. Manners were very important to Risanne Antilles, but she wouldn't beat someone up over them. Not that she couldn't have. That amazing lady, thought by many to be "just" a very talented ballroom dancer, had also been an unarmed combat master.

The pilot expected Kelvin to use Vooko's warning about his manners as a chance to try some variant of the "please let me make up for my jerkiness" line on her. Instead he ignored Wynn. Between being alternately ignored & treated like a groupie by their "charges," Wynn was sorely tempted to score some snacks and confine herself to quarters until 0655. But she recalled her mom's advice that, "Others' rudeness calls for increasing your politeness to maintain Balance In Life. It also elegantly points up their shortcomings to others, and if you are really lucky persuades them to mend their ways."
    Wynn tapped her wing on the arm to get his attention & gave her best imitation of the pleasant smile Risanne had used only to warn her children and others that they were earning her wrath. Still smiling that way, she asked Vooko, "Mr. Zeelas, I desire an introduction to your worthy kinsman, please."

Skilled Player

Default Embarassed about the grease-monkey comment ...

Tia smiles at the two Far'ghul as they introduce themselves and rolls her eyes slightly at their cockiness. Turning to the only human passenger she shakes his hand and smiles until he opens his mouth.

"Pleased to meet you Ms- Ms Grease Monkey is it? or is it Mrs?" Kelvin said with a happy grin, " Kelvin Radegant, chief outdoorsman. There's no creature or species too big or small, fast or slow that I can't handle or track... "
    At his words, Tia blushes a bright red and pulls her hand away feeling angry and awkward. She knew that she was a little greasy from working on the fighters but she had just pulled a double-shift and was a little self-conscious about the comment. As he turns to the pilot of the modified A-wing she drops back so she doesn't have to talk to him.

Seeing the Gungan she extends her hand and smiles, "Hi, my name is Tia. I've never met a Gungan before, you're from Naboo right? How was your flight in?"
    I'd just as soon kiss a Wookie!

<> Tia Nebular in Quadrant: Tetrad's Umbra: Rebel #1

"Frell man, we've got some serious catching up to do! I gotta tell ya all about camp!"
    "It's been an adventure since you jumped ship, but we should to get you settled in first, and it seems Tia may be slightly overwhelmed by your compatriots." under his breath "Or need a Number Fifteen Hydrospanner for a Manual Attitude Alignment."

WARNING: The following text contains spoilers concerning "OOC."
    Basing off Adjustable Crescent Wrenches a #15 would be bout forearm length, with a head a bit bigger than a good-sized fist.

"Heh, speakin of bantha - its not exactly bantha but ya gotta try these chews!" Kelvin reaches into his pocket, hands Vookoo a palm sized bag of finger sized morsels "I used mom's recipe, almost like a taste of home!"
    Pockets the bag. "We'll discuss home when there's a more appropriate setting, a great deal has happened in the past few months."

Wynn tapped her wing on the arm to get his attention & gave her best imitation of the pleasant smile Risanne had used only to warn her children and others that they were earning her wrath. Still smiling that way, she asked Vooko, "Mr. Zeelas, I desire an introduction to your worthy kinsman, please."
    Shoots Wynn a quick look saying We will talk later about this. "But of course milady. Lieutenant Cinowynn Antilles , my Semi-cousin Kelvin Radegant - scout, scrounge, and occasional con. Kelvin, Wynn."

"Once we can get changed into something less visually-assaulting, we can see about dinner and trading tales. It appears Paps and Taps would be more interested in one of the most popular pastimes around here, Tobler looks positively adrift and may prefer to keep to himself."

Starts Steering Kelvin toward the rest of the group. "Wynn, any idea who's supposed to be seeing to these gentlebeings accomodations?"
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Jedi Princess

Shoots Wynn a quick look saying We will talk later about this. "But of course milady. Lieutenant Cinowynn Antilles , my Semi-cousin Kelvin Radegant - scout, scrounge, and occasional con. Kelvin, Wynn."
    Maybe you should loosen up, Wynn--but not much! I don't need to make any more stupid comments for people to razz me about. And if Vooko is fond of him, he's probably got virtues other than what he's displayed.
    Wynn gave both men her "real" smile, albeit with a slight effort--and had to put more effort into not yelling at her wing for calling her "milady."
    "Pleased to meet you, Mr. Radegant. Welcome to Eden."

Starts steering Kelvin toward the rest of the group. "Wynn, any idea who's supposed to be seeing to these gentlebeings' accomodations?"
    She looked blank. "I'm not sure. I was in Medbay until just a few days before you arrived. One of the medics showed me to my quarters when they got tired of me & tossed me out." At least the medical staff & droids were pretty good. Not surprising at a Recovery Post. "Didn't that Commander say anything--no not a word." She shook her head.

"Guess we find out the ol-fashioned way. Chief? Tia? Excuse me, but do you know who's in charge of that? I mean quarters." Wynn was ashamed to realize she didn't even know how the woman preferred to be addressed. I'm clueless as to what the woman most responsible for the care of my snub & thus my life wants me to call her--but my underskirt's in knots because a nice guy who's known me a day & a half max doesn't know I don't want to be called "milady." "We've got folks who'll probably be a lot happier when they know where they can wash up for dinner." I'll certainly be more sociable once I've got the sweat out of this mop. And acting happy better make me feel better...

A trace of mischief crept into her voice at last as she addressed the whole group. "Remember--the first one done & back to the Lounge--it's just that way from all the rooms--gets the Grand Prize. Commandeering enough space for all of us." She shifted her helmet from left side to right & held out her left hand as if she were going to a formal affair & was reminding the gentlemen that they were supposed to offer their arms to the ladies.

Skilled Player

Default Finding quarters ...

Tia smiles at Wynn and chuckles a little at being called "Chief". She really didn't think of herself as a "chief" yet since the role was new to her and probably only temoporary due to the influx of new people at the base, which left the tech crews a little undermanned. "You can just call me Tia ... 'milady'," she gibes, having seen Wynn's back stiffen a little when the other pilot referred to her in that ancient vinacluar. Smiling broadly and winking at Wynn she adds, "what should we call you ... is Wynn fine ... or do you go by your last name or a nickname?".

Pulling out her data pad she quickly accesses the base personnel directory and searches for the new arrival's names. Finding them all together she reads off the room assignments one at a time. "It looks like Taps and Paps are rooming together down in the visitor's end of the crew quarters. Kelvin and Tobler are up at the crew end of the crew's quarters. I know the layout of the base pretty well if you would me to show you to your quarters?" she says with a smile.

Jedi Princess

"You can just call me Tia ... 'milady'..."Smiling broadly and winking at Wynn she adds, "what should we call you ... is Wynn fine ... or do you go by your last name or a nickname?".
    Wyn shakes out her hair, again. Having siblings meant she'd learned to tolerate a degree of teasing, even if she didn't always enjoy it..."Wynn is my nickname to friends, Chief Tia. She lowered her voice & winked back, "And I guess it'll have to do for wretched scum & villainy like these latest arrivals. Oh, Antilles is for On-Duty, and anyone who's got orders for me."

As Tia consulted her datapad, Wynn one-handedly undid the side clasps on her flak vest & wiggled her shoulders to get more comfortable. Tia offered to take the newcomers to their quarters & Wynn commented, "You're gonna need someone on your wing for that. Now let's get going--that can be an order, since everyone seems to think I rank 'em," she added with another toss of her head.

Kelvin winces from the mention of a No.15 Hydrospaner, then recovers with a slight nervous chuckle... He notices Vookoo speak with the female pilot, paying special attention to the usage of words...

"Pleased to meet you, Mr. Radegant. Welcome to Eden."
    Bowing down, "Why thankyou, Milady Antiles, pleased to meet you to!" Kelvin says happily, finishing with a mock salute.

Overhearing the mechanic talk about quarters and speaking his name, which perks his attention naturally, he listens to the Lt and her talk about rooms. Still feeling plenty cheerful, he walks over to them, wearing a happy grin

"I'd be much obliged to be shown to my quarters where I could get settled in!" Bowing to both of the ladies, "Looks like I owe an apology of titles I mistakenly assumed proudly from my last post - Cheif Tia Milady!" With a playful grin, "So how's about it? No hard feelins right?"
    Last edited by Terras Jadeonar & Raven; 27 November 2004 at 06:43 PM.

Mindless Philosopher

As Tobler had stood off to the side of the group, he inconspicuously spat some chomp-chew out the side of his mouth. Finden Rebel crimen-makers on Corellia, ya right. Mesa goin this far outsiden mesa jurisdiction meanin one ting: someboden wantin get rid o' Tobler Grizbain. Okeeday. Mesa do such bombad job theysen hafta promote mesa.

Nods to Tobler, standing off by himself and looking vaguely uncomfortable, and semi-jokingly says "Vooko Zeelas, Silent Gungan. What brings you to the next-to-the-farthest point from the Bright Center of the Galaxy?"
    Tobler snaps out of his inner monologue and looks up at the Human who addressed him. He nods and begins to open his mouth when he is interrupted.

Watching Vookoo introduce himself to the Gungan, "Vookoo - Tobler, Tobler - Vookoo" Kelvin pitched in, waving a thumb over to each of them "Tobler, meet one of my kin & best bud in this entire galaxy! That Awing of his, we built in our grandma's barn - a family project of sorts. Vookoo, this is Tobler. I was sent along with him to find a few persons. He's been great company for the trip, and he's smarter than yer average Gungan."
    Tobler inwardly winces at the phrase 'smarter than yer average Gungan.' One more time, mesa stereotype goen before mesa. He keeps his face blank as he lankily walks over to the two Humans. Towering over the pair, he stoops slightly to talk to them. He shakes hands with Vookoo. "Tobler Grizbain, at your service." His voice, though speaking near normal Basic, still contains a bit of the Gungan accent. "A pleasure to meet you. Your friend here was a very...interesting travelling companion." Tobler gives Kelvin a look of concealed frustration. He turns back to regard Vookoo. "To answer your question, I am here on a matter of...security."

He straightens to his full height and chews on his chomp-chew a little more out of relief. He had made it through that all right, without any embarassing slip-ups.

Suddenly, the female mechanic works her way over to Tobler.

Seeing the Gungan she extends her hand and smiles, "Hi, my name is Tia. I've never met a Gungan before, you're from Naboo right? How was your flight in?"
    Tobler takes a large breath in through his nostrils, summoning up his concentration once again. He stoops from his 2.2 meter height to shake hands with the female Human. "Tobler Grizbain, at your sevice. The flight was bearable, tank you for asking." He winces slightly. Pressing on, Tobler says, "But yes, Gungans are from Naboo, but I live on Corellia."

He straightens back up, effectively cutting off the conversation. He listens to the mechanic (Tia was it?) give the room assignments. Tobler groaned inwardly as he heard his and Kelvin's name listed together. "Thisen gonna be one longo trip," he mutters to himself.
    "Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - G.K. Chesterton

Back in a variety of colors

Paps watched with interest the results of interaction between everyone. First rule when casing a scenario, always understand the people involved. Know everything there was to know on how people behaved, interacted and communicated. Understanding a person was crucial. The Halos had perfected this technique, setting people at ease and making them comfortable. It was at this stage when the best information was released.

Paps noticed that Kelvin had offended just about everyone in the room, including himself. He wasn't sure if Kelvin was acting a role, was just a backwater worldsman with no social skills or was simply irrating. What really grated him was when he insulted the mechanic. He remember what his father said, A lady is a lady, regardless of species, employment or status. You always treat a lady like a lady, or you are not a gentleman.

He flashed a smile at Tia as she moved towards the Gungan, hoping to make her a little more comfortable. He listened to the Gungan talk to Kelvin and Vooko, smiling inwardly as Kelvin clumsily insulted Tobler. He straightened a bit when the Gungan mentioned security. Mulling that over in his mind, he decided he'd speak to Tobler about that.

"You are from Corellia, Officer Grizbain? Wonderful, that's Taps and I adopted homeworld. It's been awhile since we've been there, we'll have to catch up. And did I hear your mention security, Mr. Grizbain? Is there some sort of danger we are in?" As the Gungan started to responding, Paps noticed the effort he had been making to hide his accent. He leaned in and softly said, "You do not have to hide anything with me. Speak however you want to, for I do not like you to think that I will attach some pre-concieved notion to you due to mannerisms."

As room assignment were given out, he listened to Kelvin apologize and decided that his conclusion of Kelvin being backwater was correct. Wynn had departed to get cleaned up and Paps decided they should do the same.

"Let's head out Taps. We need to hunker down. We'll meet everyone in the lounge."

Together, Paps, Taps and Junie, laden with their bag, went to their room. Junie piled the bags on the bed and promptly begin inspecting the area. Taps pulled off his bandanna and opened a bag, quickly looking through various articles.

"So, thoughts?" Taps asked.
    "I'll talk about it later. I've got a couple of things I want to pursue. We also need to decide how long we want to stay."
    Taps shrugged. "Well, I don't care. I think we've got a nice setup here. I'm going to enjoy this."
    Paps looked at him sternly. "You realize there is no going back. Everything, our family, our work, our lifestyle, ends if we stay with these people. You understand that?"
    Taps stopped for a moment, pausing in pulling on a new shirt. "Yea, I know," he said quietly. "But I like the thought that we are getting back at them for killing those guys."

Taps shook his head and quickly finished dressing. "Well, let's go."

Once the twins arrived at the Lounge, Taps jumped up on the nearest table while Paps gazed at everyone inside. "Ladies and gentlebeings, Pas and Taps have arrived! And to celebrate this event, we'd like to present this to all of you." Taps held out a bottle. "Drinks are on us tonight!"

He jumped down and grabbed some glasses. Spying Wynn entering, he gave her a wide smile and said, "Would you like a glass ma'am? And maybe you could entertain us with a story of your grand and wild dogfights."
    Talon Razor -
    Like aliens, Marines, political struggles, Firefly and Cyberpunk? Yea, I thought so!

Full Throttle
    Publisher of: Dice Theory - Currently looking for new staff members, Re-launch in Summer 2006

Jedi Princess

Bowing down, "Why thank you, Milady Antiles, pleased to meet you to!" Kelvin says happily, finishing with a mock salute.
    Wynn smiles at the man, then takes her leave of him and Vooko. "I'm going to get into something that's not orange, which should make you happy, Vooko." Honestly, his cousin's more tolerable when he's not trying to be polite.

In her cabin, she quickly strips out of her flight gear, ducks into the sonic shower & fnally pulls on her old dress, one of the few personal items that had made it to Eden so far. Once dressed, she stowed her gear so the hoses didn't kink.
    She sat down on her bunk, head in hands. I'm not Lady Antilles! I hope they get tired of calling me that before I space someone... Her father had told her many times that she'd inherited some of her mother's personality. Risanne had been proud, wilful and a fighter. She'd also had a side that needed quiet & solitude, which was why she spent whatever time she could at Summersky. Tonight was one of those times Wynn felt the same way. Anymore, about the only place Wynn found that peace was in hyperspace, alone in her snub.
    She was tempted to just stay in her quarters. But duty of sorts called. And both Captain & Lady Antilles had valued devotion to duty. And her father had died in the line of duty. So had her mother for that matter--Risanne may have served in a less-obvious capacity, but she had served the Viceroy loyally as well.
    But it wasn't the deaths of her parents, she realized that had her so down. It wwas her squadron, Shooting Stars. She had no idea how they'd fared on that mission. She could see why Eden Base would want her transfered, but she still should be given some word about the Stars. She'd asked and been told Eden had no word...
    What wwere the lyrics of that old ballad? A beautiful face without a name, a beautiful smile to hide the pain...

A few minutes later, Wynn entered the Lounge. She'd hoped to slip in unseen, but no luck.
    {Taps} jumped down and grabbed some glasses. Spying Wynn entering, he gave her a wide smile and said, "Would you like a glass ma'am? And maybe you could entertain us with a story of your grand and wild dogfights."
    Wynn accepted a drink with the "beautiful smile," but refused his request. "Not tonight, Mr. Halo. I want to be able to appreciate this." Actually, Wynn wasn't going to have more than a few sips, especially not when she was going to see the Base's CO the next day. After another social comment or 2, the pilot went to get her dinner, including more soda.
    Wynn took her tray over to her favorite seat, and settled in. She hoped the twins were too busy playing hosts for the next arrivals to not notice for quite some time. If so, she could just sit there & relax for a while. Then she'd slip back to her A-wing. No one thought a pilot checking over her "darling" was odd. She wouldn't be able to fly it tonight. Even as lax as Eden seemed to be, Control wasn't going to give clearance for an unnecessary night flight by a lone pilot. She'd only gotten cleared for day flights because she had to get accustomed to an A & Eden didn't have a simulator.

Skilled Player

Tobler takes a large breath in through his nostrils, summoning up his concentration once again. He stoops from his 2.2 meter height to shake hands with the female Human. "Tobler Grizbain, at your sevice. The flight was bearable, tank you for asking." He winces slightly. Pressing on, Tobler says, "But yes, Gungans are from Naboo, but I live on Corellia."

He straightens back up, effectively cutting off the conversation. He listens to the mechanic (Tia was it?) give the room assignments. Tobler groaned inwardly as he heard his and Kelvin's name listed together. "Thisen gonna be one longo trip," he mutters to himself.
    Smiling at the Gungan, noticing that he is trying to cover up the classic Gungan accent she has heard numerous times on the vid, Tia reaches out and puts her hand on his arm, ”Mr Grizbain, I ummm … worked …. in a starport on Dantooine and I have heard the accents of many beings, please do not be afraid to speak naturally with me, I find the traditional Gungan accent … charming. Please let me show you to your quarters”. Turning with the Gungan she winces as she sees Kelvin approaching the two of them.

"I'd be much obliged to be shown to my quarters where I could get settled in!" Bowing to both of the ladies, "Looks like I owe an apology of titles I mistakenly assumed proudly from my last post - Cheif Tia Milady!" With a playful grin, "So how's about it? No hard feelins right?"
    Tia laughs at the ‘Chief Tia Milady’ joke and smiles broadly at Kelvin’s attempted apology, Maybe he isn’t so bad after all, she thinks to herself, and he is kinda cute … in an outdoorsy sort of way. Chuckling to herself at the thought she takes his and the Gungan’s arm and starts off toward their quarters. Turning to see if the Far’ghul are coming she notices that they have already left and are heading in the right direction so she takes Kelvin and Tobler to their quarters making small talk along the way.

Stopping in front of the first door she pulls it open and she says, ”Well, Mr. Grizbain, here are your quarters”.

A couple of doors down she opens another door and politely motions Kelvin into his quarters. “I will see you at dinner then Mr. Radegant,” she asks with a big smile on her face, as he slides past her into the room.

After showing the two new arrivals to their quarters Tia heads back to her own, determined to get all of the grease off her face and hands and also out of her hair. Hopping into the sonic shower she scrubs vigorously at the grease spots she can see in the shower’s little mirror, using the special cleaner that she bought for just this purpose. As she is cleaning off the last of the smudges she smiles to herself thinking about the new A-wing pilot Vooko and his cousin Kelvin.

Stepping out of the shower she moves quickly about her room getting dressed. She only has one real dress and as she picks it out of the closet she decides that, given the personalities she just met, tonight might get a little rowdy so she puts it back and decides to wear her usual off-duty clothes. Sliding into the tight, black leather, low-rise pants and cropped, white, tank top she is so comfortable in she decides in might be chilly in the lounge so she grabs her black leather, ribbed jacket and throws that on but doesn’t zip it up. Sliding her feet into the knee-high, black leather boots she stands up and heads for the lounge.

Wynn took her tray over to her favorite seat, and settled in. She hoped the twins were too busy playing hosts for the next arrivals to not notice for quite some time. If so, she could just sit there & relax for a while. Then she'd slip back to her A-wing. No one thought a pilot checking over her "darling" was odd. She wouldn't be able to fly it tonight. Even as lax as Eden seemed to be, Control wasn't going to give clearance for an unnecessary night flight by a lone pilot. She'd only gotten cleared for day flights because she had to get accustomed to an A & Eden didn't have a simulator.
    Seeing Wynn sit down away from the others, Tia decides it would be nice to have a quiet moment or two with her before things got too noisy. Blushing a bright red as she walks up to the table with her tray and notices that Wynn is wearing a very pretty dress, she almost turns away thinking that she just hasn’t quite got the knack of how a woman should dress in social situations yet. Having been a slave for so long on Dantooine she didn’t even have a dress until she joined the Rebel Alliance. Steeling up her courage she decides to stay and quietly says “Do you mind if I join you? I thought maybe we could talk and get to know each other a little better … maybe you could tell me how you like your snub configured during pre-flight … or … something?”

"Tobler Grizbain, at your service." His voice, though speaking near normal Basic, still contains a bit of the Gungan accent. "A pleasure to meet you. Your friend here was a very...interesting travelling companion." Tobler gives Kelvin a look of concealed frustration. He turns back to regard Vookoo. "To answer your question, I am here on a matter of...security."
    Raises an eyebrow at Tobler's careful pronuciation and the mix of Correlian and Gungan accents. He's worked pretty hard on his speech and is probly a bit touchy about Naboo, and especially Gungans being generally percieved as more than a bit Provincial. Course Kelvin's silliness didn't help any, even though he only intends to entertain.

Responds with his odd "native" accent - vaguely Corellian with touches of accents from over a dozen Core to Mid Rim worlds (OOC: Kinda like Cristopher Lambert's in Highlander - "Where are you from?" "Lots of places." )

"Quite interesting given the people present. We should consider seriously discussing what our situation may be at a later time, but decidedly prior to tomorrow's meeting with Command."
    Fighter-cover required for this "Security" mission or do we have at least one present under serious suspicion? This is quickly looking to be another Nukvunt Assignment that's going to be breaking up and leaking hard radiation without warning.

"I'm going to get into something that's not orange, which should make you happy, Vooko."
    Chuckles, and lifts an eyebrow. Joke or veiled invitation? Play it off and find out later.
    Sketches a bow, "I as well, see you there."

Seeing the group breaking up in several directions, stops by the Flight Operations Office to drop off the datacard containing the Very Boring Report on the flight to the Debriefing Officer, then heads to his quarters to clean up.

Going the the small bag that effectively held the sum total of his
    personal life - and was largely occupied by a Non-Regulation flight suit & helmet - after a short, but enjoyable stay in the 'Fresher. What to wear, what to wear. What is there to wear? I've no credits and nowhere to spend them if I did.

Enters the lounge in a was-obviously-wadded-into-the-smallest-space-possible gray shipsuit that does everything but have a tag on it saying "Imperial Surplus" along with his only belt still carrying an assortment of tool, powerpack, and utility pouches.

Scanning for the others he notes Paps & Taps engaged in some Drinking Game with some of the base personnel he didn't recognize (the vast majority), then Wynn and Tia chatting in a corner Doesn't look like a good time to interrupt.

Heading for the Caf Distiller, he can hear one of the Farghul chanting to some unfortunate player "Drink, drink!"...
    Last edited by Vanger Chevane; 29 November 2004 at 05:45 PM.

Thread Information