Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: No Need for Pithy Sayings: NNtBS OOC thread

Registered User Donovan Morningfire's Avatar
    Exactly where I need to be when I need to be there

Default No Need for Pithy Sayings: NNtBS OOC thread

(sorry 'Ris, I'm gonna have to save the "third time's the charm" for another time)

Okay, since the last OOC thread hit 500 posts, as per the general forum rules, here's a brand spanking new thread to use, but hopefully not to badly abuse.

BTW Slavan, as stated in the old thread, I pushed your deadline back to the 17th. And congratz on the happy home sitch.

On another note, given that Christmas and New Year's are quickly approaching, I'm not gonna be as much of stickler on timely posts for the next few weeks.

Happy Yuletime Shopping! (Thank mine's all done!)
    Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog at http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/
    "You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"
    - Luke Skybrewer, A New Hops

Schwanky Clubber

Hey, thanks a whole bunch Donovan. It is a pretty happy situation to be in, other than the constant moving of couches and other easy-to-wound-one's-self type furniture. The extra time will be really helpful.
    Get your own tots!
    -Napolean Dynamite

Jedi Princess

Dono, I'll forgive you. But a true Jedi Do-Gooder would find another use for Moi's wonderful suggestion.

everyone--check out my post in the "Great Codex" thread

Rissy

The Wave- Man Hamster of the Light

I am thankfully nearly done with our x-mas shopping. I just need to get my parent's gift and that'l be it.

Slavan,

Some people just seem to be magnets for furniture that will injure you. Or, if you're getting help from my father in law, he just doesn't pay pay attention when ten people are yelling at him to stop because his son has his hand stuck between a very large sofa and a door that's getting crushed every time he attempts to pull the sofa through the door. I swear my husband came home black an blue the last time we had helped my sister in law move. And needless to say, we moved our stuff without my FIL in tow, but the hubby still got injured by several boxes attacking him while he was hauling them down the stairs.

Ris,

LOL hmm, now what would the rest of us be reponsible with in our NNTBS postings. Maiming the Narrator at the least.
    Vespa charioteer of the NNTBS Bar and Grill

Jedi Princess

LOL hmm, now what would the rest of us be reponsible with in our NNTBS postings. Maiming the Narrator at the least.
    I said it was "(Ir)responsible," remember? And refresh my memory, was it the Narrator or the Censor Monkeys we were gonna sic JEJ's Voice-over on?

Schwanky Clubber

One Small Post for Me, One Giant Thread Bump for RacerKind!

It's up. have at ye. Barely on time. Thanks for the extra time. No insanity came forth until about 2.30 this afternoon. Woooooooo,
    Get your own tots!
    -Napolean Dynamite

Registered User Donovan Morningfire's Avatar
    Exactly where I need to be when I need to be there

Just read yer post Slavan, and after the mind-numbing day I had at work, was worth the wait. (in best Dumbledore voice) Well done, Mr. Guiser, well done. However ... there are still other racers out there.

Speaking of X-Mas stuff, while the presents have been purchased and wrapped for a while (save a last minute purchase for me mum), it's now a matter of getting them shipped (and the local post offices have been swamped).

Ris,
    I've got the Christmas packages and the Clone Strike stuff boxed and ready to be shipped. I'll have to hit the post office early tomorrow morning to be sure they get there in time for Christmas. No rest for the wicked it seems.

Side note,
    I just scored the Christmas compliation from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. They could be considered Rock-Opera as far as musical genre, but it's pretty darn cool. I think Amazon has it for $40, and so far it's been the best money I've spent on CDs since I got the new Star Wars Original Trilogy soundtrack set.

Also been re-reading my collection of Rurouni Kenshin manga novels, which has been an inspiration for how Donovan's been acting, namely referring to himself as "this one" and acting rather simple-minded.

And luck of luck, I scored one of the new "micro-sized" PS2's last weekend! (My old one finally gave up the ghost and died). Nice to be able to pop in a game disc and have it work first try, especially in regards to Kingdom Hearts
    Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog at http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/
    "You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"
    - Luke Skybrewer, A New Hops

Jedi Princess

Trans-Siberian Orchestra is the best thing to happen to Christmas music since Mannheim Steamroller! And that's saying a lot!

Ruler of the Consortium Organization

As we enter through a time of chaos, we still must still remember the reason for the season-to celebrate the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem.
    Joyeux Noel
    Consortium Organization-524 universes under control and counting!

Canadian and proud of it!

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life." Kakashi Hatake

In the Captain's Quarters of the starship Starbound Misfit II

Default No Need For A Deadline....

Just so you all know, I won't be needing any deadline for my post, I have it all set to go and I'm posting it right after I post this. That way, we can quickly move onto who's next in the posting order.

Oh, Donovan, I'm sure you'll enjoy this post, I had fun thinking it all up.
    IAOP & NNTBS : Criss "KnightStalker" Staven, Lynnori Staven, Misfit AI (droid body and Starbound Misfit II ship body)
    Quadrant : Tetrad's Umbra participant : Crix Kellar
    Vader's Fist, 501st Legion member BH-3549
    Owner & Administrator : Star Wars : The RAF Campaign; Official Star Wars Fan Club Member #1425039
    "I'm not Fett...I'm your worst nightmare." "Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!" ("Don't mess with Mandalorians!")

Schwanky Clubber

Glad you enjoyed the post, Donovan. It was one of those few that struck when I had nothing left but to force it out. Sat down for about an hour and a half and just pounded it out rather quickly.

Knightsalker.....I hope I did everything correctly. ^_^ I haven't read your post yet, but I'm sure it turned out almost as funny as mine. Hope it's not funnier, or I'm going to lose my coveted first place spot!

Ris, Amen to the comment about TSO. However, I'm a little bit bigger fan of Manheim Steamroller. * Looks at the few first run CD's of Steamroller's Fresh Aires he has from the middle Eighties. Well, his father's anyway.* Was kinda raised on it for a long time.....Classical Gas has to be my favorite album, however.

And, Vash, Amen to that. A lucky thing for humankind.
    Get your own tots!
    -Napolean Dynamite

Jedi Princess

Amen, Vash & Slavan. Tho' with me it counts as literally "preaching to the choir." Last Sunday I was singing in our Carols & Lessons service, then there's the Christmas Eve services. I sing with the choir in the later service. Plus there's the earlier family service & Nativity
    We currently have in residence a goodly bit of the Nativity cast: 1 Wise Man (Big Bro' Sith Twin), an Angel (Sith Princess), & baby Jesus (SP's largest baby doll)
    Blessings of the season to all, Rissy

PS to Slavan & KS--loved the posts

Registered User Terras Jadeonar & Raven's Avatar
    Twi'lek Maseuse room, Spa Resort on Ryloth

Talking Check this out!

Soundwave Groovin

Gonna see what else is on the site...

Speaking of the same subject, Check this other clip out

Lol....
    Last edited by Terras Jadeonar & Raven; 23 December 2004 at 06:10 PM.
    ├ 3D Art @: Star Wars Artist Guild Member GalleryDeviantArt Gallery (New!)
    ├ Websites: Co-GM of: Q:TU Rebel #2 (Status: On Hold) ● "The Camp" (Status: Offline)
    ├ RPG Info: Signature #46: My Repertoire of RPGs (Updated: 09/09/2006)
    Please, just refer to me as TJR OR Terras. thx! (08/16/08)

Schwanky Clubber

First Link: Whoa. Tha'ts sweet. I mean it. Just. Plain. Awesome. I'd love to see a high-res version of that. I guess I'm a little bit biased though. I've very thoroughly loved Soundwave since I got my fist figure wayyy back in the Eighties.

Second Link: Yeah, I've seen that floating around for about 3 weeks now. All I have to say is that I've wanted a Citroen ever since.

Ris: Good luck in this Evening's performances. Also, I find it very entertaining that the "Sith Princess" happens to be playing an Angel.
    Get your own tots!
    -Napolean Dynamite

Jedi Princess

Slavan--she (& our son) can be very sweet. Dono's seen her in "Sweetness & Light" mode. I guess she's just like every other female towards our fave Jedi rorouni.

Merry Christmas & any other holiday you can think of, from Saturnalia to Labor Day to What-ever-the-Heck-they-were-Supposed-to-be-celebrating-in-the-SW-Holiday-Special

Rissy & family

Thread Information