Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: No Need for Pithy Sayings: NNtBS OOC thread

Jedi Princess

Hey, Dragonseye, it has been a long time. I've been keeping busy.
    I've stopped essay scoring, since I was given the option of doing weekday time on my newer job. For those who don't know/can't recall, I am now an Importer--that is I check & proofread medical transcriptions. It's hourly pay, online & at-home work. Pay rate is not spectacular, but I don't use gas driving & won't have to pay for daycare for the Sith Twins this summer--so that adds more than a few dollars per hour.

And speaking of the kids, both of them are 2nd generation RPGers, & are just about done with 2nd & 4th grades, at the end of this month. And it can't come soon enough for them. Scary isn't it?

The Wave- Man Hamster of the Light

Ris,

I'm glad you're at lest enjoying the job. And yup, no day care to pay does help save a lot from what I've seen.

We just finished up our Star Wars game for time being. The Hubby's doing research for the next part so we're switching to 7 Sea. I managed to keep my Jedi on the straight and narrow light side for the entire game, but I get completely messed up during the last twenty minutes. I almost get completely taken over by a dark side spirit inhabiting a Sith artifact (lets just say I had trouble rolling over 5 for my will saves) and rack up 3DSP from that. Then, I fail will saves to keep from listening to the Dark Side when unsuspecting clone troopers come by us. Got 2 more there. So I'm now 3 DSP from becoming tainted. The Hubby thinks it would be funny to make my Jedi a dark Jedi for a bit when he restarts the campaign.
    Vespa charioteer of the NNTBS Bar and Grill

Jedi Princess

Dragonseye: Around here, summer (fulltime) daycare for 2 elementary kids will run about $150/week, so yes that's going to save a lot. And judging by how they've been doing on my Sat/Sun shifts, they won't be too much of a disruption when they finish the wonderful (and free! ) enrichment program the school is offering for June. (Here, the school year ends late May & starts the 1st of August.) Plus, when I'm done for the day, there'll be plenty of afternoon left for me & them to Do Fun Stuff.

And this late-breaking brag: Eldest Sith Twin (& some fellow students) is going to lunch in a limo next week b/c he did very well on our state's writing assessment test!

Registered User Donovan Morningfire's Avatar
    Exactly where I need to be when I need to be there

Well, nice to hear that you're doing well dragonseye.

As for the status of the NNtBS, I've probably put this off for far to long as it is. I mentioned the idea to Vanger a while back (February I think), but just haven't posted it. So here's the skinny.

With the way life has been going for me, especially work, I just simply don't have the energy at the end of the day to keep the NNtBS going. Participating I can handle, but I guess maybe the NNtBS is too free-form for me to handle GM'ing on a consistant basis.

That said, if any of you guys would like to take a shot at re-opening the bar, then by all means go for it. This also includes long-standing patrons that have vanished for whatever reason, such as Lokar and Wileama.
    Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog at http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/
    "You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"
    - Luke Skybrewer, A New Hops

In the Captain's Quarters of the starship Starbound Misfit II

Originally posted by Donovan Morningfire
    As for the status of the NNtBS, I've probably put this off for far to long as it is. I mentioned the idea to Vanger a while back (February I think), but just haven't posted it. So here's the skinny.

With the way life has been going for me, especially work, I just simply don't have the energy at the end of the day to keep the NNtBS going. Participating I can handle, but I guess maybe the NNtBS is too free-form for me to handle GM'ing on a consistant basis.

That said, if any of you guys would like to take a shot at re-opening the bar, then by all means go for it. This also includes long-standing patrons that have vanished for whatever reason, such as Lokar and Wileama.
    Don't forget us newer additions to the patronage, IIRC we've infused some fresh zaniness into the mix with the posts we've made.

I'm sure we'd even be able to keep the insanity levels rising, and keep the bar smelling nice & fresh (even fruity & nutty).
    IAOP & NNTBS : Criss "KnightStalker" Staven, Lynnori Staven, Misfit AI (droid body and Starbound Misfit II ship body)
    Quadrant : Tetrad's Umbra participant : Crix Kellar
    Vader's Fist, 501st Legion member BH-3549
    Owner & Administrator : Star Wars : The RAF Campaign; Official Star Wars Fan Club Member #1425039
    "I'm not Fett...I'm your worst nightmare." "Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!" ("Don't mess with Mandalorians!")

The Wave- Man Hamster of the Light

Ris,

Wow, Florida has a much longer school year than my area has. They end around the middle of May and begin at the end of August. And congrats to the elder Sithlet. I hope he has fun.

Don,

Wish I could say I'm reliable enough to keep it going, but I don't think I'd be able to keep posting on the NNTBS enough for it continue succesfully.

KnightStalker,

Nope, I don't think anyone could forget about you noobs. He he, and that explains the peculiar scent lingering thoughout the thread.
    Vespa charioteer of the NNTBS Bar and Grill

Ruler of the Consortium Organization

KnightStalker,
    So true, nntbs would not be the same without us. We have brought something to game it has not had before. What that is, I'm not sure. I may never be sure.
    dragonseye,
    We are not n00bs-just a fresher kind of crazy.
    Donovan,
    If it wasn't for the half dozen projects I have on the go, I would happily suggest taking the bar, but I won't this time.
    Consortium Organization-524 universes under control and counting!

Canadian and proud of it!

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life." Kakashi Hatake

Originally posted by Vash Knives
    KnightStalker,
    So true, nntbs would not be the same without us. We have brought something to game it has not had before. What that is, I'm not sure. I may never be sure.
    dragonseye,
    We are not n00bs-just a fresher kind of crazy.
    Donovan,
    If it wasn't for the half dozen projects I have on the go, I would happily suggest taking the bar, but I won't this time.
    Well, it certainly wasn't all Lymony-fresh when we got here.
    First Law of GMing: Semper Gumby
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Wisdom is a lot like the Blues. You have to suffer to get it right.

Are any of the old NNTBS gang still visiting the site? We're seriously overdue for a new thread around here. Anyone up for NNTBS: No Need For A Reunion?
    IAOP & NNTBS : Criss "KnightStalker" Staven, Lynnori Staven, Misfit AI (droid body and Starbound Misfit II ship body)
    Owner & Administrator : Star Wars : The RAF Campaign; Official Star Wars Fan Club Member #1425039
    "I'm not Fett...I'm your worst nightmare." "Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!" ("Don't mess with Mandalorians!")

I don't know about anyone else, but I still swing by from time to time. Don't know if I have any of the old insanity left, life has gotten pretty heavy in the last, jeeze, 6 years. But yeah, maybe.
    Malkarris from Mattimeo by Brian Jaques
    42, the answer
    I wonít fight you Atton.
    I donít care, I just want you to die.
    (Disciple and Atton KOTOR2)

Well, I'm now living in San Diego, in a small Single Room Occupancy room for rent, and I've got wifi 'net access (when it's not crapping out on me), so if any of the old gang are still around, let's hear from ya. I can't picture the swrpgnetwork as a lifeless ghost-town of a website.
    Last edited by KnightStalker; 31 July 2015 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    Well, I'm now living in San Diego, in a small Single Room Occupancy room for rent, and I've got wifi 'net access (whne it's not crapping out on me), so if any of the old gang are still around, let's hear from ya. I can't picture the swrpgnetwork as a lifeless ghost-town of a website.
    I'm still around, slingin Cable for 50-60+ hours a week. Check out Ash's Departed threads, it's one of 2 games trying to get the site out of the Elderbeings Assisted Existence Community...
    First Law of GMing: Semper Gumby
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Wisdom is a lot like the Blues. You have to suffer to get it right.

Thread Information