Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a d20 Game? Check here!

Blog Entries

Default Looking for a d20 Game? Check here!

Greetings d20ers!

Are you looking for a d20 game to play in? Many of you may not know that the Holonet's own Trader's Infonet Forum is host to listings for upcoming and ongoing d20 Star Wars RPG games. As such, I'm creating this thread to help spread the word for all those GMs that need players.

So, if you're a d20 GM looking for players for your game, do the following:
    [list=1][*]Make a normal post in the Trader's Infonet forum about your game, following the usual guidelines and giving the full intro and information[*]Make a post here that includes a link to your post in the Trader's Infonet forum and a brief blurb about the game. Remember, keep it simple here, and save the exposition for your post in Trader's Infonet. [*]Enjoy your game![/list=1]
    Please don't post multiple times in this thread; one announcement is enough, though you should feel free to edit your post if your game ends or is full.

Hopefully, this will make it easier for everyone to find the games or players they need. May the Force be with you all!
    Rodney "Moridin" Thompson
    Game Designer
    Webmaster, SWRPGNetwork
    Follow me on Twitter: @AntarianRanger

Waiting in line at the academy to become a fighter pilot

Lightbulb New Game

i should be posting a game on the Traders infonet shortly. it is one about a force tradition i had posted previously on the d20 forums. the game is about the "Brothers of Corell"

Peccator out of residence

Good idea Moridin! What say the ruels also have the GMs put a 'no longer recruiting' edit in their posts when it becomes true to make it even easier?

Anyways, here's mine:

The Art of Diplomacy is a post-NJO game (5 yrs) that is Infinities (anything after NJO is not TAOD canon, but is nto ignored,) that is primarily a Jedi game. L6-8 36 pb. Hope to see you there!

EDIT: Recruitment finished for the time being.
    Last edited by PsychoInfiltrator; 22 August 2006 at 09:47 AM.
    If you want to contact me, a private message will work. I am currently on hiatus, but I will respond.
    Featured Quote: “The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.”
    St. Peter of Alcántara

PS: "'Psych' for short. Not Psycho. No o, oh no, no o." Ronin

Skilled Player

well if ya dont mind Moridin ima use this site Vice-Versa ima say IMA PLAYER WHO NEEDS A GAME
    Your Mother Is a Hampster and Your Father Smells of Elderberry-some random spanish guy in Monty Python

(\__/)
    (+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him in
    (")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination

If I add "and a class in Basic English Composition For Eight Year Olds" to the last post, would it seem snarky?
    "Half the fun of God's forgiveness is having reasons to ask for it."

Blog Entries

Originally posted by boccelounge
    If I add "and a class in Basic English Composition For Eight Year Olds" to the last post, would it seem snarky?
    Yes.

As to the question/comment of the subject of snark, like visiting a friend, it is generally considered more polite on the Holonet to have the host determine the nature of his abode rather than "inviting" one's self over.
    Of course, if there is sufficient interest from multiple parties, then a user might be kind enough to GM a proposed game, though I daresay newbies get a significanly less kind look from veterans in this regard, as the lifespan of the game is much more in doubt.

If you are simply looking for a game... any game, however, then this seems to be right up the alley of such gameseeking individuals.
    I desire what is good. Therefore, everyone who does not agree with me is a traitor-- King George III
    "The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." -- W. Somerset Maugham
    Check out Run to the Rim (NEW! Updated 1/24/08!)
    and
    Old Friends, New Republic (Updated 12/27/07)

Immoderator

Out of curiosity, did anyone find this sticky useful in getting involved in a game? I'm just curious as to this sticky's effectiveness, as it could easily be updated to be more helpful.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

Exclamation JOIN Running the Black!

Originally posted by Ardent
    Out of curiosity, did anyone find this sticky useful in getting involved in a game?
    No, I haven't. And that's probably because most if us (like me!) have forgotten to post recruitment thread links here.

So here goes:

Running the Black

New d20 PbP Campaign Recruiting!

JOIN the crew of the fastest, boldest ship in the galaxy*, the Baba O'Riley, as they seek out new lifeforms and trade with new civilizations, sleep with their daughters**, then get run out of town!

JOIN this elite*** crew as it travels the Galaxy in search of wealth, fame, and glory!

JOIN Running the Black!

Editor's notes:

* Disclaimer: replace "fastest" with "most likely to breakdown," and "boldest" with "smelliest."

** "Daughters" may be substituted with "sons" and/or "podlings," at GameMaster's perogative (whim).

*** Actually, it's more "ragtag" than "elite." But who wants to split hairs...

Rules Lawyer

Is this strictly for PbeM games?
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

The Men's Prayer - The Red Green Show

I have a Star Wars.com blog. Look for it under Master Dao Rin

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

I'd imagine itd be for any game that you could advertise for down in the infonet, thus: no. Any game you need players for. though you're naturally gonna have a tougher time getting a tabletop group together here than an PbP or PBeM group.
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

Immoderator

Well, as long as this thread gets used (for recruitment) I honestly don't care about the medium as long as the game itself is d20.

I was just tired of seeing this sticky sit here neglected. So by all means, advertise away.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

experienced groundpounder

Default Misfits and Miscreants

Trader thread name- Possible game forming soon.
    The game is designed around a group of misfits/malcontents within the Imperial service. Constantly in trouble, but always loyal soldiers to the Empire.
    Have a couple players interested, but we are also trying something a little different, guest Players playing either NPC's or guest appearances for adventures or two with the groups. Sorta like "background friends and families" popping up during the adventures.
    Through darkness we travel, searching for the vibrant silence of light ahead. Though death may take us here, we push on until the evil in this land is vanquished.

Quixdraw and I are starting a new group set to play d20 in the Rebellion Era. Thread topic here: d20 SW in Columbus, OH

Follow the link and contact either of us if you're interested! Thanks!

I'm starting a detective story, based on Coruscant, for three PCs:
    a grizzled old CSF detective a month away from retirement (Johnny Putrid)...
    a CSF streetcop (riding a speederbike) (Player Needed) and...
    a Jedi Padawan preparing for their trails (Player Needed).

Through a series of crimes the three will eventually team up...

please check the recruitment thread and post characters there:
    Coruscant Detective Story

Experienced Player

Id actually like to get into a game, if I canfind one that suits my interests. If anybody is starting a game (or re-stocking an existing one with new players), Id love to know about it.
    Oya! (Mando "Lets go hunting")

He that bleeds with me today shall be my brother.
    -William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thread Information