Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WH40K stats site!

Default WH40K stats site!

Got my website up and running - it's quick, it's dirty, and all edits are live, meaning I'm editing the copy in the wwwroot folder. If you encounter dead links, just reload the page and try again, and it should work.

I currently have a majority of the Spacemarines and Tau vehicles up - the weapons stats are completely wrong, though, and will be corrected as I go. Armor values should be OK though, at least until I chalk up my new armor value system... (which will eventually be applied to all SW vehicles as well...)

Anyways, the URL:

http://d6stats.homeip.net/

SP

This is awesome work Winchester. Have you thought of doing this up for D20 at least the vehicles. I Know the Space Marines would be hard to do. I have tried it for my self.
    Wisper
    "All hail Darth Stidreck"
    Draconian Sector - My little Infinity of the Star Wars Universe
    Currently Working:
    Draconian Sector Campaign Guide
    Clone Wars: Draconian Sector Campaign

I won't be doing any D20 conversions, sorry. I can't stand level-based systems, since they tend to be so completely unbalanced and unfair - which is why I'm going after Palladium's Robotech/Macross II RPG...

SP

Hey Winchester that is cool. Maybe one day I will get around to doing some converting from your stuff. If thats ok with you.
    Wisper
    "All hail Darth Stidreck"
    Draconian Sector - My little Infinity of the Star Wars Universe
    Currently Working:
    Draconian Sector Campaign Guide
    Clone Wars: Draconian Sector Campaign

Winchester, gonna do Rifts as well?

Seriously though, where are my Titans???
    Suspenders of Disbelief: For When the Harsh Weight of Reality Threatens to Drag the Trousers of Our Imagination Down to the Unforgiving Floor of Mundanity!

The citizens do not need to know what the cost is. They only need know that the mission has been accomplished.

My sole regret, as I initiate the scuttling sequence that will send my fusion pile critical, is that I will not be present in .03 seconds. I would like to watch as the Enemy try to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear explosion into their research facility. - Bolo Unit Maldon, Mk. XXX Continental Seige Unit of the 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade.

The titans are coming, never fear - it's just that I'm still unhappy with my ideas for converting superheavy vehicles and gargantuan creatures to D6. That, and I need to get the weapon stats working first. Right now every weapon has the same stats, and I can't remember whether they're for twin linked pulse carbines, or a storm bolter. Probably the latter....

I'm also pretty much limited to doing the scout titans, since I don't have any good refs for the bigger ones - all I have is what's on the Epic Armageddon site...

SP

The current incarnation of D6 has a much nicer way to handle size differences between objects (whether character, creature, vehicle, etc...). Basically humans have a scale of 0. Things larger than a human have a scale of type larger X, where X is > 0. For things smaller than human they have a scale of type smaller X, where X is >0 (don't ask, this is how they set it up).

Basically damage and difficulty to hit is handled by comparing the difference in the scales. If you are larger, then you are easier to hit, but harder to hurt (add scale difference to hit roll, subtract difference from damage roll). The opposite is true if you are smaller (harder to hit, easier to damage).

A starfighter fighting a starfighter have relative differences of 0 so you don't do much adding or subtracting for those rolls.

Makes things like Fantasy fights of knight v dragon very interesting without having to give the dragon a huge number of dice in its strength attribute. Same thing for SW Rancor...

As I said on the other WH40K thread, don't forget that some creatures are speeder, walker, or even starfighter scale. And don't be afraid to make some of the vehicles in those scale. Coruscant demolition droids stand about the size of an Imperator Titan and are Starfighter scale.

Hell, at six meters tall I'd say Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka could easily be Speeder scale.
    Suspenders of Disbelief: For When the Harsh Weight of Reality Threatens to Drag the Trousers of Our Imagination Down to the Unforgiving Floor of Mundanity!

The citizens do not need to know what the cost is. They only need know that the mission has been accomplished.

My sole regret, as I initiate the scuttling sequence that will send my fusion pile critical, is that I will not be present in .03 seconds. I would like to watch as the Enemy try to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear explosion into their research facility. - Bolo Unit Maldon, Mk. XXX Continental Seige Unit of the 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade.

Actually, I haven't forgotten about scaling - I just haven't written up anything that belongs to a different scale than speeder, yet.

I'm seriously considering tossing out the named scales in favor of listing just the die code modifier - that way, there'll be no feeling of being trapped by the scale names. Another part of it would be to allow the creation of more intermediate scales, such 8D or 14D.

SP

Keep up the good work Winchester!

Nothing wrong with the "named" scales, as if nothing else it gives a point of referrence to go on.

Check out the D6 Space if you get a chance: they resolved the "bucket of dice" problem that got to quite a few players!

Hey Winchester, what's happening with this site of yours?

That's a very good question. I'm afraid it's pretty much gone for the time being - I can't find a comfortable angle to attack the problem I took it down to solve, and putting it back the way it was is... sadly impossible, due to lack of backups for aome of the newer stuff.

I did get some inspiration from the recent release of the Tau Manta in 40K scale from Forgeworld, though, so there's some hope. I'll see what happens this weekend.

(If nothing else, there may be a veritable deluge of Gundams dropping in, on account of my having crammed SEED in the last 48 hours, and I'm only waiting for the rest of Destiny to arrive so I can cram that too...)

SP

If you are maing 40K d6 stuff, if have a request. I'd like the XV15, 20 and 25 Tau sealth suit stats.
    "The enemy of my enemy is the next person to die"

"All-weather equipment fails… usually in bad weather."
    -4th Regiment - SpecForce

That's actually not that difficult. First off, the difference between the two mass-production stealth suits is cosmetic, not functional (except for story factors like ease of maintenance and whatnot that doesn't usually get detailed in WH anyway). The armor is +2D energy and physical; +1D to lifting and melee damage (if the suit actually gets into melee combat, which the pilots tend to religiously avoid), and it carries a burst cannon or fusion blaster and a stealth field generator (which gives +2D to hide and sneak, and prohibits called shots against it when in use It's also capable of sustainable flight at 50 km/h, which is its primary mode of battlefield movement.

The command suit is nearly identical, except it adds a 1D energy shield; a second weapon, and some drones I need to sit down and make stats for.

In short, those are easy...

It's the bigger suits that are hard to do, and the vehicles with all the zillions of variations.

SP

Thread Information