Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Holonet Fantasy Football Signups

Blog Entries

Default Holonet Fantasy Football Signups

Hey gang,

I hope it's cool with coldskier but I've gone ahead and set us up a Holonet Fantasy Football league on Yahoo! Sports. I just got that familiar itch and decided to scratch it, so the league has been created and we're ready to begin signups.

I've already sent out a few invites, and we have room for 20 total teams. So, if you want in, post here! I'll send out invites based on the order they are posted here.

Are you ready for some football?
    Rodney "Moridin" Thompson
    Game Designer
    Webmaster, SWRPGNetwork
    Follow me on Twitter: @AntarianRanger

Default Frankfurt Duckbills

I just signed up with my team. The Frankfurt Duckbills, a total fictional team. Can't wait to get started...
    Uron's game Archive
    ├ L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    Potentate of the Rose

Generalissimo of the Mud and Mayehm Society

I've signed up as well, under the guise of MJ's Iron Riders. Can't believe we went from a fairly unknown group to this.
    Days change, seasons change, people don't change

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

I hope it's cool with coldskier but I've gone ahead and set us up a Holonet Fantasy Football league on Yahoo! Sports. I just got that familiar itch and decided to scratch it, so the league has been created and we're ready to begin signups.
    Totally fine, appreciated even. As a quick question, how does our league's scoring compare to Yahoo standard? Exact same? I know last year we counted kick return yards as rush yards, but any way you wanna do it is fine, just let me know. Also, did I get an invite (or via what was it sent?) If its email, my Gmail account is on a temp fritz, and I'll join as soon as I can access my inbox.
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

Just to get this straight...we'll each have points from two QBs? And two TEs?
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

Default Go, uh, Me!

I'm in.

And you'll never guess which team I have...

Now, off to delete all Steelers, Ravens, and T Owenses from my draft ranking...
    "Half the fun of God's forgiveness is having reasons to ask for it."

Blog Entries

Yeah, 2 QB's and 2 tight ends -- so everyone should rank your QB's high, or get stuck with second-stringers.

The only scoring I altered from Yahoo standard was that fumble recoveries earn 2 points.
    Game Designer
    Webmaster, SWRPGNetwork

Immoderator

I think I'll have the time this year. Hopefully.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

Peccator out of residence

I'm interested, but I have no idea how to do this. Or even, really what it is.

Is that a particular hindrance, or can I get/be pointed to a tutorial?
    If you want to contact me, a private message will work. I am currently on hiatus, but I will respond.
    Featured Quote: “The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.”
    St. Peter of Alcántara

PS: "'Psych' for short. Not Psycho. No o, oh no, no o." Ronin

Experienced Player

The Eriador Eagles are up but I'm gonna change it to Thinithil's Rangers.
    ash nazg durbatuluk
    -- some guy

You think you're all that... But you're not
    -- Dr. Drakken

Immoderator

Basically you have to follow -- to some extent -- American Football. From there, you need some sort of expert advice (ESPN counts in this case, as American Football is about the only sport they cover right) on draft picks (they do entire shows on Fantasy Football drafts so no worries there) and from there you just need to keep an eye on your players.

Their performances will directly impact how well your make-believe team does.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

Basically you have to follow -- to some extent -- American Football. From there, you need some sort of expert advice (ESPN counts in this case, as American Football is about the only sport they cover right) on draft picks (they do entire shows on Fantasy Football drafts so no worries there) and from there you just need to keep an eye on your players.

Their performances will directly impact how well your make-believe team does.
    So, if I understand this all correctly, I rank a pile of players who I want, and then I follow them in real life, and however well they do in real life is how well my team does?

Sounds good to me.
    If you want to contact me, a private message will work. I am currently on hiatus, but I will respond.
    Featured Quote: “The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.”
    St. Peter of Alcántara

The Avenging Psychics have joined the league. Soon to be composed of relatively random high-ranked players, this team's goal consists mostly of not coming in dead last.

Hmmmm...what's the name of that one QB who's really fast and (used?) to paly for the Falcons and does he play anymore? I couldn't find a QB name I recognized that I didn't already know was somebody else...

(I don't know much about football. Hopefully I'll learn something this year, and do better next year. Hopefully I'll have time to read the tutorials before the draft, too...)
    St. Peter of Alcántara

Blog Entries

Lookin' good, guys. We've only got room for 12 more, so post here if you want in!
    Game Designer
    Webmaster, SWRPGNetwork

Skilled Player

umm psychoinfiltrator i believe that would be Michael Vick number 7 and yes he still plays for falcons matter of fact his bro is coming in next year.

oo and im interseted in joining w/ the Compton Guys Named Bob
    Your Mother Is a Hampster and Your Father Smells of Elderberry-some random spanish guy in Monty Python

(\__/)
    (+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him in
    (")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination

Thread Information