Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Holonet Fantasy Football Signups

Mexico City Misfits is my team. I like the alliteration. If you'd like, I'll come up with something that uses my holonet name

Originally posted by forestfufighting
    Mexico City Misfits is my team. I like the alliteration. If you'd like, I'll come up with something that uses my holonet name
    Oh no, don't go changing to try to please us... I'll just remember that the two names are associated by an accordant affinity for aliteration.
    "Half the fun of God's forgiveness is having reasons to ask for it."

Peccator out of residence

Cool

I'll just remember that the two names are associated by an accordant affinity for aliteration.
    Oh boy-I'm gone two weeks, and the Holonet turns into my English class.

School is what I come here to escape from!

Moridin drafted Vick before I did...and I have Vick listed first....I guess I will just have to settle with my three other QBs...

(No, I am not holding a grudge against Moridin...))
    If you want to contact me, a private message will work. I am currently on hiatus, but I will respond.
    Featured Quote: “The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.”
    St. Peter of Alcántara

PS: "'Psych' for short. Not Psycho. No o, oh no, no o." Ronin

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

Moridin drafted Vick before I did...and I have Vick listed first....I guess I will just have to settle with my three other QBs...
    The computer just stuck him into the draft earlier than you got your pick. Assuming, of course that Vick was his first pick as well.

This however, begs the question: why on earth would you want Vick???
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

This however, begs the question: why on earth would you want Vick???
    I refuse to dignify that with a response.
    If you want to contact me, a private message will work. I am currently on hiatus, but I will respond.
    Featured Quote: “The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.”
    St. Peter of Alcántara

Blog Entries

Yeah, why would I want a quarterback that's going to rush for 100 yards and score 2-3 touchdowns on the ground some games this year? On top of hitting his receivers and TE with touchdown passes...

Dirty Birds, baby!
    Rodney "Moridin" Thompson
    Game Designer
    Webmaster, SWRPGNetwork
    Follow me on Twitter: @AntarianRanger

The trade i did last week screwed me! Yahoo wasn't intelligent enough to make the substitution after the trade and I had set my rosters before hand. Oh well, as my smack talk says
    "There's always Monday Night... & next week...& the week after that..."

Default Update

OK, so there's one game left in the regular season, and here's how it looks:

Holonet Fantasy Football
    RankTeamW-L-TPct.Pts.Streak
    *1Frankfurt Duckbills10-3-0.7691266.00W-2
    *2The Cold Skiers10-3-0.7691220.00W-8
    3Bocce Ballers9-4-0.6921108.00W-3
    4Moridin's Maulers8-5-0.6151086.00L-2
    5Ardent Lovers8-5-0.615916.00W-2
    6Thinithil's Rangers6-7-0.462893.00L-1
    7MJ's Iron Riders5-8-0.385810.00W-1
    8Unstable Psyche4-9-0.308829.00L-4
    9Mexico City Misfits3-10-0.231985.00L-2
    10Burninators2-11-0.154808.00L-6

What's interesting is that the first and second ranked teams (Uron and cold) play this week, and so do the third and fourth teams (me and Moridin).

The top four make the playoffs; Uron and cold have clinched spots regardless. The way I see it, as a practical matter I've clinched as well, even if I lose. That is, there could theoretically be three teams tied at 9-5, but there's no chance Ardent can make up the point difference--- the only way Ardent gets in is if he wins and Moridin loses.

And the Uron/cold game... that just determines which of them gets to beat which of us, in which order, on their way to playing each other again for the championship...

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

Gotta say, it's been fun guys. I'll miss HoloNet fantasy football when its over almost as much as I miss a competent Pittsburgh football team now.

Luckily, I've earned back some of my respect after my 2-3 start, unlike my Steelers. So, just to prove I'm a good sport, I share the following:

Pittsburgh Steelers football practice was delayed nearly two hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field.
    Head Coach Bill Cowher immediately suspended practice while police and federal investigators were called to investigate.

After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to the players was the goal line.

Practice was resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

Anyways, I think you've noticed I dont talk much smack, but I will say it's been quite the fun time thus far, and I was rather amused by all that voting that's been going on each week.

So I wish everyone luck in the closing weeks of the regular season as three closely matched teams make their runs for the playoffs.
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

It was fun. That's right.

This is/was the first time I've participated in a Fantasy Football League and I disn't make a total idiot out of myself.

Nonetheless, as we all know, everything in Football is possible, therefore I wouldn't rule out anyones chances of becoming the Holonet Fantasy Football Manager of the Year (well, in fact I rule out Ardent, not because of his team, but because of the manager ).

P.S.: LaDanian Tomlinson is a tank, cold...
    Uron's game Archive
    ├ L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    Potentate of the Rose

Blog Entries

Yeah, it's been a blast. Honestly, I think I'd be doing a lot better if my two quarterbacks -- Rex Grossman and Michael Vick -- were a little more consistent. When they're on, they're on, but when they're off they can be disastrous.
    Rodney "Moridin" Thompson
    Game Designer
    Webmaster, SWRPGNetwork
    Follow me on Twitter: @AntarianRanger

Yes, I agree with the above: it was a good time. My biggest regret is not starting up the conversation on it in this thread earlier in the season.

And, for the record, in the last ten years, I've had 12 or so fantasy teams, and all but one has made the playoffs. 8 or 9 of those teams have finished the regular season in first place. And my playoff wins? Zero.

Yes, I am the "Indianapolis Colts" of fantasy football: I choke as soon as it matters. So you all have that to look forward to.

Thumbs up

Hah. I cannot possibly be last. I have fulfilled my mission as a first-time Gm.

(For pity sake, I was still learning how to do this circa last week.)

Thanks to Uron, who made me not completely last with his invaluable advice. I'll be sure to carry on the favour with whomever next year.

This was fun. I just wish there had been more trading action.
    St. Peter of Alcántara

Default random update...

Going into tonight's Bears-Rams game, I'm ahead of Moridin 85-64. I have Rams QB Marc Bulger; he has Chicago QB Rex Grossman and their kicker Rob Gould. I should be OK... [crosses fingers]

On the other hand, coldskier leads Uron 100-97; cold has RB Steve Jackson, Uron has Chicago's tough Defense... that one's way too close to call.

Ardent has his game all sewn up-- an 8-point lead, and two players left tonight. And of course, if he and I both win, he makes the playoffs...

Looks like a tough night for ol' Moridin.
    "Half the fun of God's forgiveness is having reasons to ask for it."

Default Update

Moridin is out. It is official now. With a 108-87 loss to bocce he's just playing the Consolation. Ardent had a win over the Burninators (78-60) and moved up to the 4th position.
    Ardent, bocce, Uron Teff and cold are heading to the play-offs. I myself lost the first place to cold in an embaracing 118-102 loss.
    Uron's game Archive
    ├ L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    Potentate of the Rose

Thread Information