Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleted Scenes

Angry Deleted Scenes

I just got the original trilogy on DVD. I was dismayed there were no deleted scenes. It gave me a taste with the old trailers but I want more. Where's Biggs? Where's the sandstorm in Episode VI? I wuz robbbed!

Have no place I can be since I found Serenity

cry me a river
    proxima centauri
    closest star to our sun

Malcolm Reynolds: Nice shot.
    Did he say after looking at Crow, the enemy on the floor who just got shot by a bullet in the knee.

Jayne: I was aiming for his head.

ij thompson

George has to give us all a reason to buy his 'Complete Saga' boxed set for Xmas '06, doesn't he?

Jedi Dropout

That was my conclusion. But hey, I'm not shelling out more money for just a few deleted scenes. My friend will buy them and I'll watch the deleted scenes at his house. I haven't watched the deleted scenes from TPM and AOTC more than twice anyway.
    "Tedium and drudgery are good for the soul." - Boober Fraggle

D6 Utilities and Fan Books

ij thompson

I hate to admit it, but I'd buy them again, if two conditions are met:

[list=1][*]Each film gets a good, 'Phantom Menace' style documentary, with as much behind the scenes footage as they can stuff into it.[*]'A New Hope' is properly colour-corrected... and I don't just mean Luke's lightaber; the whole movie is shifted strangely toward the red end of the spectrum, and I personally believe GL did this intentionally, so that us sticklers would have to buy another one.[/list=1]

At any rate, I do bet we'll see a new set soon, probably with an 'exclusive sneak peek' at the upcoming series (serieses?)

I would also buy them... as good as the DVD's are, I was a bit disappointed that to CG wasn't improved at all... well, I'm going to need another 200 dollars
    Utulie'n aure! Aiya Eldalie ar Atanatari, utulie'n aure!

I have almost every VHS and Star Wars dvd available, so... yes... I'll shell out the money (I think I'm only missing Phantom Menace DVD)
    proxima centauri
    closest star to our sun

Did he say after looking at Crow, the enemy on the floor who just got shot by a bullet in the knee.

Originally posted by ij thompson [list=1][*]'A New Hope' is properly colour-corrected... and I don't just mean Luke's lightaber; the whole movie is shifted strangely toward the red end of the spectrum, and I personally believe GL did this intentionally, so that us sticklers would have to buy another one.[/list=1]
    That's pretty paranoid, not just because that would be immoral, but because it would be ineffective: I didn't notice any such shift and I'm sure most buyers didn't either. Though of course there will be another release in the next DVD format.

Mystical Gunslinger

George Lucas is planning to re-release all the Star Wars movies in the nifty new 3D format (y'know, with those nifty 3D glasses), one per year starting in 2006 or 2007 (can't remember which). There was an article on it in theonering.net. Apparently, Peter Jackson, George Lucas, James Cameron, and a bunch of other big-name directors are calling for the introduction of 3D formatting to theatres.
    Verik Aligeri: I will be invincible among the stars.

The best way to see the deleted scenes, at least the ANH deleted scenes is getting a copy of the CD Star Wars: Behind the Magic.

And... Variety has just posted a copy of an article where Rick McCallum contradicts George Lucas by saying that the market for a 3D trilogy won't be ready by 2007, so it will be delayed.
    Mario A. Escamilla (aka Kerk Korpil, Verpine Starship Mechanic)

Not a Cylon

And... Variety has just posted a copy of an article where Rick McCallum contradicts George Lucas by saying that the market for a 3D trilogy won't be ready by 2007, so it will be delayed.
    Well, perhaps Mr. McCallum can explain that to Lucas when returns to the ranch....

McC: ...L-Lucas is coming here?

kaeroth: Yes, and he's most disppointed in your....

blah blah blah you know the scene. that's just the first thing i thought of when i read korpil's post. sorry.
    "Nice scene. But you're right. A bazooka doesn't do the same thing as a dumpster." -Neal Stephenson

Can you explain to me what exaclt would a 3D triogy be?!?!?
    proxima centauri
    closest star to our sun

Well, in the past ShoWest convention at Las Vegas, several filmmakers including George Lucas and James Cameron showcased a new digital projection technology which allows for 3D movies, you know, like in Disneyland where you get your special glasses and see the pictures in 3D...

Well, George was so amazed by the development that he promised (yet another) version of the original Star Wars trilogy in that 3D format, supposedly to be out for 2007...

Later, Rick McCallum, who has produced everything from the Young Indy cronicles up to Episode III, said it was too early to consider the 3D a viable market... so the 3D trilogy would have to wait further than 2007.
    Mario A. Escamilla (aka Kerk Korpil, Verpine Starship Mechanic)

Dark Lord, Warriors of Gar

Surely films would have to be filmed in 3D, not just converted?

Though I admit I know very little about 3D technology.
    "As Warriors we rule, As Warriors we rule,
    Under the axe of might, there will be Blood Tonight, Blood Tonight!"

- Warriors of Gar Battle Anthem
    Sithspawn's Lair
    Warriors of Gar

Jedi Dropout

Originally posted by Sithspawn
    Surely films would have to be filmed in 3D, not just converted?
    Well.... they were filmed in 3D. I mean, unless Mark Hamil is a carboard cutout. Sorry, I just had to be a smart alec.

Anyway, They are more or less converted. I saw an article on it in National Geographic. It's nifty.
    "Tedium and drudgery are good for the soul." - Boober Fraggle

D6 Utilities and Fan Books

Thread Information