Thread: z-95 Headhunter

Pilot in the 121st Imperial TIE Squadron

Default z-95 Headhunter

When did the Headhunter first come into use? Where they around in the Clone wars? or did they not come out till after Ep 3

If anybodies knows, please tell me.

Given the other designs used (or at least glimpsed in the trailers & spoilers), I'd have to say that the Headhunter would come into production after the Empire was established. It would be replaced with the T-65 A few years before ANH.

Only in some of the novels is the T-65 referred to as old or antiquated.
    First Law of GMing: Semper Gumby
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Wisdom is a lot like the Blues. You have to suffer to get it right.

Peccator out of residence

And when they refer to the T-65 as antiquated, it ain't the XJ-3 models that they are talking about. Its the original T-65s, developed and originally produced not to long before ANH. Or SW for the Originals fans.
    If you want to contact me, a private message will work. I am currently on hiatus, but I will respond.
    Featured Quote: “The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.”
    St. Peter of Alcántara

PS: "'Psych' for short. Not Psycho. No o, oh no, no o." Ronin

head hunter was in use around the TPM era, and was widely considered to be the best star fighter at the time. subpro and incom ended their partnership just prior to ATOC however

Experienced Player

Originally posted by BrianDavion
    head hunter was in use around the TPM era, and was widely considered to be the best star fighter at the time. subpro and incom ended their partnership just prior to ATOC however
    I concur. Too bad we don't see any during the prequels.

During the Rebellion Era the T-65 was considered a slighty dated but effective fighter.

Yeah, I remember in the EP1 novel a spacer mentioned the Headhunter being a top-notch fighter.

Excellent...and thanks for the info.

I needed the informayion for a campaign i am running. It takes place during the Clone wARS. I am creating a small 'pirate' army. An army of poeple who disagree with both the spereatist and the Republic. They use Z-95 Headhunters to attack and run....among other things.

Interesting.

You know, I like to compare the SW fighters with the Real-life fighters my self. (I'm a Fighterpilot-to-be my self you know)

I hope you guys have some knowledge about fighteres in Real life.
    Realistically speaking NATO aircraft should be considered as Imperial Fighters like the Tie''s...but let's not make it to complicated.

The way I see it now is like this:
    *Immagine 'we' live in the beginning of the New Republic Era

- The Z-95 is comparable with the F-5 Tiger II. Outdated. Used by SOME countries here and there

- The Y-wing is comparable with the A-6 Intruder. Good but outdated, still in use by a couple of countries (i think)

- The X-wing is comparable with the F-16 or F-15. A good Multirole fighter but is starting to be out dated and needs upgrades. And this IS happening.
    I like the Idea of socalled "Mid Life Updates" like what is happening with the F-16.

- The B-wing replaces the Y-wing and so would come close to the F-18 which is kind'a replacing the A-6. But the F-18 is a multirole fighter. So is the B-wing isn't it?

- The Awing is a state of the Art fighter isn't it? Or rather new anyway. Maybe it's comparable with the F-22 then?
    Else it would represent the F-16?
    Yes kid I do believe in the force, brute force.

Experienced Player

Yeah the Z-95 is pretty old. In Cloak of Deception (a novel, a few years pre-Ep1) they mentioned it. But I am also of the understanding that there are many models of the Z-95 and the term Z-95 is fairly wide. Similar to saying "A Ford Mustang". Well what year? etc....

But it at least tracks back that far, so take it as you will. By Ep2, the Z95 would have seen some combat i would assume.
    "This is all about fear. It's understandable, but you can't let it control you. 'Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to anger.' No wait, hold on. 'Fear leads to hate. Hate leads to the dark side.' Hold on, no, umm, okay, can we forget that?"

or perhaps using the airplane anylogy instead of saying the ford mustang.. simply "a MIG"

Originally posted by Starlighter
    Interesting.

You know, I like to compare the SW fighters with the Real-life fighters my self. (I'm a Fighterpilot-to-be my self you know)

I hope you guys have some knowledge about fighteres in Real life.
    Realistically speaking NATO aircraft should be considered as Imperial Fighters like the Tie''s...but let's not make it to complicated.

The way I see it now is like this:
    *Immagine 'we' live in the beginning of the New Republic Era

- The Z-95 is comparable with the F-5 Tiger II. Outdated. Used by SOME countries here and there

- The Y-wing is comparable with the A-6 Intruder. Good but outdated, still in use by a couple of countries (i think)

- The X-wing is comparable with the F-16 or F-15. A good Multirole fighter but is starting to be out dated and needs upgrades. And this IS happening.
    I like the Idea of socalled "Mid Life Updates" like what is happening with the F-16.

- The B-wing replaces the Y-wing and so would come close to the F-18 which is kind'a replacing the A-6. But the F-18 is a multirole fighter. So is the B-wing isn't it?

- The Awing is a state of the Art fighter isn't it? Or rather new anyway. Maybe it's comparable with the F-22 then?
    Else it would represent the F-16?
    Thanks for that. As a military man myelf, that was a useful comparison.

Thread Information