Thread: Newbie Here

New Player

Default Newbie Here

I love that icon.

Anyway, I'm new to the site. I've played SWRPG causally with my brother and his group of friends. We've campaigned with a group of friends here before, but it was only a few nights (5 at most) and we only have 2 people that would be consistent.

So, I've decided to try online for ideas and such. I found this place, liked the Bulletin board, enjoyed the layout, and here I am.

I don't know if I posted this in the correct place, but hopefully so.

If anyone would like to explain the ranking system in my profile and any tips of the site, please do. I would be much appreciative!

Thanks,
    LP
    Check out my website - current campaign: SWRPG d20
    GAB Inquisitor | PTCO's 8th member!
    Refs: PTCO | MOTL | GAB |

D6 Forever!

Welcome to the Holonet. You'll find this site very helpful in things related to Star Wars.

You did post in the correct area for this, and if you look at the little "blurb" for each forum, you'll get the general idea of where to post things. Just don't randomly start posting things wherever without really looking and thinking about subject matters.

Please take a moment to read over the FAQ for the Holonet. It's located up under the "Preferences" menu above. The FAQ is quite important, as many people don't realize what is expected (or not allowed) on this site compared to other sites they may have visited.

You'll find many helpful people on this site, and also many newer people, asking some of the same questions you may be asking. So take some time to read through old posts before you post something, to make sure that it hasn't already been discussed. Sometimes people post a question only to find out that if they had looked back at posts from 3 days ago, that what they asked was already thoroughly talked about. Some areas on this discussion board move very fast, and posts from only a day ago can be found on the second, or even third page of posts.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask about. You can either post...in the appropriate area, or send someone a Private Message (PM). The same applies if you have questions regarding the rules, just PM a moderator.

So, again, welcome to the Holonet and the SWRPGNetwork!
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Not a Cylon

If anyone would like to explain the ranking system in my profile...
    Go to the lil search window up near the top right of this window. type in "Profile Formula". That'll show you a couple different threads discussing that very thing. Unfortunately, while the systems discussed are well thought out, there's still an element of conjecture. Moridin, Grimace, and the other moderators and potential bringers of death from above aren't spilling the beans on the "true" formula.
    And welcome to the Holonet, LittlePalms!
    "Nice scene. But you're right. A bazooka doesn't do the same thing as a dumpster." -Neal Stephenson

New Player

Thank you very much for your help! I did do a search, but I didn't know the proper lingo, so my search came up empty!

I read the rules AND FAQ already. *GASP* I'm an admin at another site with 40.000 members. I know how annoying (and time consuming) it can be to edit, warn, etc people who do not follow the rules. Our rules are very similar, so hopefully I'll be able to keep the two seperate and follow the riles as best as I can.

Thanks for clearing things up for me! I look forward to having a good time here.

~LP

Little Hands:

When he said to do a search on "Profile Formula" that's exactly the terminology he expected you to use.

I've saved you the trouble though. The link can be found here.

This is mostly just speculation, but it's fun. :-) enjoy and welcome.
    Kris "Eclipse" Vanderwater

Erm, that's the old, closed one. Still plenty of good nfo there.

The current one is here

Welcome to the Holonet LittlePalms, I'm certain you'll enjoy your stay.
    First Law of GMing: Semper Gumby
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Wisdom is a lot like the Blues. You have to suffer to get it right.

New Player

Already found it.

Thanks for the updates and the welcomes

Thread Information