View Poll Results: Empire or the Rebellion?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Already bowing before Lord Vader and the Emperor.

16 24.62%
  • Gimme an X-Wing with a load of Proton Torps...

40 61.54%
  • What Empire...Rebellion? Who's paying more?

5 7.69%
  • Leave me outta this...

4 6.15%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire vs. Rebellion

Dark Jedi

Default Empire vs. Rebellion

Now that we know the "whole story*" Who will you stick with. Are you a loyal servant to the Empire, or jumping to the terrorist faction of the Rebel Alliance. Or are you a mercenary...playing for the highest bidder?

Riddle me this...riddle me that...

*OKay, okay...so we prolly don't know everything, but lets keep it in the guise of Episode III "answering all the questions."
    "May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

--FlipDog 2000

The Conspicuously Custom Custom Title of the Local Pariah

Actually, I support the thesis that both the trilogies were HoloNet propaganda flics that were shot by the New Republic (or actually - the Rebels) and that it's all a pack of foma.

The Empire never collapsed!
    Strength through unity and concentrated effort!
    Watch only the official licensed Imperial information channels!

If a were a citezen of the Empire at the time of the end of EPIII, and Palpatine declared himself Emporer, I would support such an effort. Look how the 'Senate' failed the Naboo. The fact is, most people cannot invision a better society than the ones they currently have an example for. These terrorists who call themselves rebels, are just more criminals that do nothing but prolong an unecessary war. If they would just surrender to the legal authority, there would be peace. If some governments feel they are being treated unfairly, then they need to realize that we are at war, and there system obviuosly supplies the empire with something in a greater quantity than it's it's neibors, and therefor must be protected with more securly. I am sure that all citezens of the Empire agree that some messures must be taken to root out this insurgent action. Indeed, most of these so-called rebels, are not even from the system they are trying to insight riots on. Yes, sometimes mistakes are made, and we do sometimes round up inocent bystanders, but if these terrorists would stop possing as civilians, then we could halt operations against civilians. These 'mistakes', wich are actually very rare, are the dirrect result of these cowards who refuse to identify themselves on the field of battle.

But I digress. Long live the Empire!
    Passion and determination are nothing without purpose and direction.

Peccator out of residence

Default The Mercenary Approach

But I digress. Long live the Empire!
    And his pocketbook!

I voted for the credits.

But between the Imps and the Rebels I'd choose a captured Chir'daki and backup TIE Defender anyday over a T-65 and a Jedi nimrod to fly it.
    If you want to contact me, a private message will work. I am currently on hiatus, but I will respond.
    Featured Quote: “The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.”
    St. Peter of Alcántara

PS: "'Psych' for short. Not Psycho. No o, oh no, no o." Ronin

New Player

Rebellion/New Republic forever!

REMEMBER ALDERAAN!!
    Barriss Offee's #1 fan.

Default Re: The Mercenary Approach

Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator

And his pocketbook!

I voted for the credits.

But between the Imps and the Rebels I'd choose a captured Chir'daki and backup TIE Defender anyday over a T-65 and a Jedi nimrod to fly it.
    I've already got my snubbie mod done (klik on the pic), and am working a rebuilt T-65 for someone else.

Have an interest in trying Chir'Daki & the Gand Bomber, but haven't the time of late...
    First Law of GMing: Semper Gumby
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Wisdom is a lot like the Blues. You have to suffer to get it right.

Dark Jedi

Ug...I can't believe how many people are so loyal to the Rebellion.

What about context? If you grew up during the Empire in a wealthy system, would you still join the Rebels?

--FlipDog 2000

Experienced Player

I think that, knowing what I know from the movies, I would most likely wanted to be "left out of everything". I imagine that the Empire became somewhat overbearing on most systems. Especially the non-human systems. Even the ones who were wealthy.
    But, I woudl also be a little reluctant to place my neck on the line for the Rebels.

Unless I was directly affected somehow, I would probably just wanted to be left alone.
    I can't hit the broadside of a bantha.... good thing my droid can

New Player

Originally posted by FlipDog 2000
    Ug...I can't believe how many people are so loyal to the Rebellion.

What about context? If you grew up during the Empire in a wealthy system, would you still join the Rebels?
    Depends on how much social consciousness I had. If I were jaded, I'd probably be supporting the Empire. If I had a strong sense of what was right and wrong I could feel outrage at the actions of the Empire. Don't forget there were many affluent Senators who were shocked at the changes occurring in the Galactic government and where they were leading (e.g. Bail Organa, Mon Mothma).
    Barriss Offee's #1 fan.

Please remember your history. Durring the American Rev. less the 1/3 of the populas was very loyal to England, and less than 1/3 took up arms against England, while little less than than half would just sit and wait. I feel this is accuratly depicted in the movies. Most people just wanted to 'be left alone'. Unless the changes directly affected their ability to put food on the table, they just wanted to go to work everyday, and try and survive as best they could. As long as they could resonably feed themselves and thier families, why rock the boat? Why should they take the chance of lossing what little they have for some grand idea that many would believe would lead to no real change as far as thier ability to place another plate on the table would be concerned.

Having said that,

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!
    Passion and determination are nothing without purpose and direction.

Experienced Player

Hey, I'm a Rebel. Give me an X-Wing...and a lightsabre. I definitely want a lightsabre!
    Regards,
    Aldaron
    "Our molecules were formed in the furnace of ancient stars...it is our destiny to return home."

"Debug? Klingons do not debug! Our software does not coddle the weak!"

Actually the Empire isn't as evil as they are shown in the clasic movies. The only real evil ones are Palpy and Tarkin. I even found some simpathy for Vader. (although is is still a well evil dude )
    So basically only the leaders are evil. The stormies and 'lower ranking' officers are just doing their job.

Captain Piet is a good guy in my opinion. I think you can have fun with him in a bar. He's just good at his job! Same for Genral Veers.

I THINK when I would actually live in the SW universe I would stand on the side of the Empire. Not because I like it or dislike the Rebellion but more because the Empire would feel more secure.
    The Galaxy isn't sure wether the Rebelion will win the war or not. They ARE hopelesly outnumbered.
    Plus, I will get a pay-check for sure, with the Empire.

On the Other hand...the Rebels ARE the good guys. So here, in the real world I'll support the rebels.
    Yes kid I do believe in the force, brute force.

The Conspicuously Custom Custom Title of the Local Pariah

Starlighter, I second that.

Plus, think about who the Rebellion leaders were and what was their goal. They were Senators (I imagine filthy rich ones) and their goal was to restore the Republic - now look at the decrepit political organism it was.
    So, you could assume, they were looking forward to restoring the rule of the oligarchy, with themselves seated as high as possible.

If you don't know what it's about - it's CREDITS, I say!
    These idealists that were the Rebellion (well, not all of them - the leaders were probably your average cynical politicians) were decieved fools that brought unrest to a Galaxy that could have otherwise been a peaceful one.
    Alderaan was their fault - they started the problems.

[Don't take all of that too seriously. Genocide I am not for]

Blog Entries

Vanger, I've done up stats for the Chir'daki-- here.

Anyhoo- I'm nominally with the Rebels (or Privateering/Piracy- that's how I roll ). Frankly- without espousing my politics too much ()- I'm probably radical enough to go Rebel against a government that is as brutal and repressive (some would say "efficient"), and bigoted as the Empire.
    And, if family history is any indication (and I suspect it is fairly representitive of my predilictions towards rebellion), I'd probably go for it all the way (ancestors/distant reletives fought against Cromwell and in subsequent Irish rebellions, and a few took part in the New York Draft Riots during the Civil War. More recently, an Aunt and Uncle were part of Swords to Plowshares (not that I happen to necessarily share any of these beliefs, mind- but the independant streak is strong in this one ).
    It's all hypothetical, of course, but I like to think I'd fight for my principles.
    Last edited by Rostek; 16 June 2005 at 12:10 PM.
    I desire what is good. Therefore, everyone who does not agree with me is a traitor-- King George III
    "The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." -- W. Somerset Maugham
    Check out Run to the Rim (NEW! Updated 1/24/08!)
    and
    Old Friends, New Republic (Updated 12/27/07)

Dark Jedi

I third those thoughts Starlighter. They're doing their jobs and their good at it.

--FlipDog 2000

Thread Information