Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebellion Era Infinities Sourcebook.........Coming!

All knowing, all seeing eye of Star Wars
    Out in the Unknown Regions of my mind....

Default Rebellion Era Infinities Sourcebook.........Coming, (Need Contributors)!

With as much fun as what I experienced in working on the RotEISB, CaamasiJedi49 and I have decided to continue with the next era: the Rebellion Era Infinities Sourcebook.

Picking up from the events in the RotEISB, this sourcebook will continue, only with the fun twists that infinities does for a SW fan.

There is one major change for this new book: I, and CaamasiJedi49 have decided to ask one of the contributors of the RotEISB to also co-author this book as well. That person is none other than JediPowell, and he accepted.

As to the events that we've already worked on, once the furor of the RotEISB is for the most part finished, one of us will post those events that we've finished.
    Last edited by Treefrog; 16 February 2006 at 05:22 PM.
    "You don't know the Power of a Darkside!" - Darth Vader to Luke (Episode V)

Co-author of the Rise of the Empire Infinities Sourcebook: http://submissions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=1865
    Co-Author of the Rebellion Era Infinities Sourcebook: http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=1867
    Co-Author of The Legacy of the Force Sourcebook: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e515z0...Version%5D.pdf

Devotee of the Sith

This is great news Treefrog...

I haven't had an opportunity to read through any of the advanced copy I have of RotEI sourcebook yet (as I had to rush off to work this morning), but I'm glad to see the dedication that brought us this first work will continue on into the second.

Great stuff guys! Thanks for keeping the SW RPG alive...
    "Once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy, and we shall have peace." -- Darth Sidious (Episode III - Revenge of the Sith)

"The Jedi who fall are the most dangerous of all." -- A line from a children's rhyme (Tales of the Jedi Companion)

"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody the power, the other to crave it." -- Darth Bane (Path of Destruction)

Working on:- Secrets of Korriban Sourcebook

The Conspicuously Custom Custom Title of the Local Pariah

This... will be most appreciated.

In advance I once again offer you my services as a Contributor.

I cant wait for things to come around.

By any chance can you tell us wether this is going to be an Infinities continuation of the ROTEISB or a rather an Infinities from the start of the rebellion era. Also what event if so will change the course of History in this case, are you taking the route of the comics (Lukes shots not destroying the Death Star, luke dying on Hoth, c-3po getting his head smacked off at jabbas) or are you making it another event?
    From shooting through a TIE Interecteptor viewport with a blaster pistol to setting up a pair of ewoks with a heavy repeating blaster, I aim to please.

Want Conversions of your favorite Sci-Fi ships into SWRPG? PM me, the offer is open.

I prefer my drama on the H'net, not RL, thanks. -Vanger Chevane

Hardcore Player

Well...not to speak for Treefrog or Camjedi....

we will not follow the Dark Horse infinities...

doing such would just take all the fun out of the co-authors getting to make the changes ourselves....

so no we will probably come up with different and equally enjoyable twists to this era...as Treefrog came up with in the clone wars sourcebook....
    "I...stand...in...your...way" Luke Skywalker to Lord Nyax

Co-Author to upcoming New Jedi Order Sourcebook Revision, Rebellion Era Infinities Sourcebook, and Kashyyyk and the Mid Rim Sourcebook

To back up what JediPowell said, this sourcebook will continue to build upon the events from the RotEISB. Plus all subsequent books.

While entertaining to read, the Infinities comics were IMO, just the authors of those three comics.

But then again so are these sourcebooks that the three of us are doing as well.

Co-author of the Rise of the Empire Infinities Sourcebook: http://submissions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=1865
    Co-Author of the Rebellion Era Infinities Sourcebook: http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=1867
    Co-Author of The Legacy of the Force Sourcebook: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e515z0...Version%5D.pdf

Here is the one of the first new material that will be appearing in the REISB:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Force Transmission (Force Feat)

Prerequisites: Alter, Sense, Telepathy: 15 ranks, Illusion: 12 ranks, Force-user level: 15
    Vitality Point Usage: 10 VP to activate, plus 5 additional VP per round that the transmission lasts.
    Benefit: Upon activation of the feat, a Force-user may send a telepathic message, not unlike a holonet message, to a targeted recipient.
    Time: Full-round action to prepare to send the message. After that it takes as long as the message lasts. Preparing and creating the message provoke attacks of opportunity.
    Special: To successfully link with the recipient, the transmitter must make a Will check (DC 20 plus modifiers). Success by 5 or more results in a VP reduction of 2 to the cost of the transmission. Distance results in additional modifiers, shown in the following table:

Line of Sight: +0
    Under 10 km: +4
    Same System: +6
    Same Sector: +8
    Throughout the Galaxy: +10

In addition, the transmitting character must be personally familiar with the recipient.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lucas Carr suggested the Will Check, and Kaeroth helped with the prereqs, time,etc for this new feat, and both will get credit for their involvement.
    Last edited by Treefrog; 14 December 2005 at 02:10 PM.

Any comments about the feat?

Hardcore Player

would change this from just sending a message....more like establishing a two communication....for limited period of time....

also would like to discuss your reason for the feat in a chat or email...
    "I...stand...in...your...way" Luke Skywalker to Lord Nyax

Co-Author to upcoming New Jedi Order Sourcebook Revision, Rebellion Era Infinities Sourcebook, and Kashyyyk and the Mid Rim Sourcebook

Experienced Player
    The Unknown World, learning from Darth Revan

I'd have some modifiers to it for those with close bonds/family ties. Hell, I personally would like to be able to do it without the requirements in those cases. Luke did with Leia at Cloud city. Anyway, just the two cents of Drivis and A'res
    "I've got a bad feeling about this"-Han Solo
    "You feeble skills are no match for the power of the dark side"- The Emperor

Currently Working On:
    Secrets of Korriban Sourcebook
    Rebellion Era Infinities Sourcebook

Author of:
    Golden Age of The Sith Netguide

Devotee of the Sith

Originally posted by Treefrog
    Any comments about the feat?
    Overall, I like it.

The will check modifiers seem a little low though, from my perspectives... especially the 'Through the galaxy'. If I were to incorporate this into my campaign, I might want to increase each level check (aside from 'Line of Sight') by 2. My reasons for this, is mainly because of personal campaign perspectives, but also... I think that 'Through the galaxy' should be slightly higher given the overall galactic distances between transmission locations.
    Last edited by Rogue Trader; 15 December 2005 at 03:24 PM.
    "Once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy, and we shall have peace." -- Darth Sidious (Episode III - Revenge of the Sith)

"The Jedi who fall are the most dangerous of all." -- A line from a children's rhyme (Tales of the Jedi Companion)

"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody the power, the other to crave it." -- Darth Bane (Path of Destruction)

Working on:- Secrets of Korriban Sourcebook

Experienced Player
    The Unknown World, learning from Darth Revan

I would also like to suggest letting Force Mind and such(Knight, and Master) helping since it does help control mind after all.
    "I've got a bad feeling about this"-Han Solo
    "You feeble skills are no match for the power of the dark side"- The Emperor

Currently Working On:
    Secrets of Korriban Sourcebook
    Rebellion Era Infinities Sourcebook

Author of:
    Golden Age of The Sith Netguide

Generalissimo of the Mud and Mayehm Society

I don't have any comments, but I just wanted to offer my help with whatever you need, be it getting coffee, shredding papers, etc. But whatever I can do, let me know.
    Days change, seasons change, people don't change

Commanding Officer of the Indomitable

Your offer of support is appreciated. I expect things to begin very soon, in a month or so. Until then, enjoy Our current book.

CJ49
    "You sort of see these recurring themes where a democracy turns itself into a dictatorship, and it always seems to happen kind of in the same way, with the same kinds of issues, and threats from the outside, needing more control. A democratic body, a senate, not being able to function properly because everybody's squabbling, there's corruption."
    ―George Lucas

Co-author of the Rise of the Empire Infinities Sourcebook

Blog Entries

Once more, I would like to offer my congrats to you primary guys on the last book- I'm honored to have contributed even in the small way I did.

I'll reinterate my offer in the Comments of doing some stat workups or maybe even some short fiction (if I have the time- college bites like that) for this new book.

I'll keep my eye on the project in any case.
    I desire what is good. Therefore, everyone who does not agree with me is a traitor-- King George III
    "The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." -- W. Somerset Maugham
    Check out Run to the Rim (NEW! Updated 1/24/08!)
    and
    Old Friends, New Republic (Updated 12/27/07)

Thread Information