Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memories of Pain, and a past life.

Experienced Player

Default Memories of Pain, and a past life.

Since my other story is comming to an end and I had extra time I figured I would start my next one.

Memories of Pain, and a past life.

The call rang out from the Jedi temple for all Jedi to return. Jaxson Pax, Jedi knight ran
    through the now vacant hauls to see what the trouble was.

As he ran a terrible feeling came over him. He passed the security recordings and played
    them back to see one of the Jedi, Anakin Skywalker, killing the younglings.

Shock, fear, and confusion gripped at his soul. He had to get out! All the other Jedi were
    dead! “Run! GET OUT!!” his mind screamed at him.

“NO!!” Jaxson sat up in bed, sweat dripping down his forehead and soaking his cloths. It
    had been seventeen years since the day, but is spirit had never forgiven itself for
    abandoning the other Jedi. Since that time he had left his Jedi past behind him and was
    known only as the smuggler that he now was.

“Jax! Get out here!” a angered voice called from outside his room door. Jaxson
    recognized the voice as Vek, his captain. Jax now worked for the mysterious crime lord
    Seran.

Jaxson hopped out of bead and walked to the door with an angered face. He pushed the
    button and the door slid open with a hiss. Lifting his hand he struck Vek in the face with
    a stiff fist and sent the Caridan flying across the hallway.

“I work for you, I don’t serve you.” Jaxson drew the fine line. “Well, you better get out
    here soon.” Vek said with a shiver of fear in him. Jaxson was nearly seven feet tall,
    medium build, short brown hair, deadly brown eyes, and a face that showed more trouble
    than most could live through.

Jaxson was only thirty five years old, and looked no more than twenty. He had become a
    Jedi Knight at the very young age of 18. One of the youngest in the Jedi history.

Jaxson walked out onto the bridge of the rickety old freighter that he had recently called
    his home. It wasn’t a great place, but it was the only job he had.

“Jax, take over those gun turrets! Yiritelze get down and see what you can do about that
    energy leek!” Vek yelled out orders. Yiritelze hopped out of the gunners seat as Jaxson
    approached and ran off to take care of his duties.

Jaxson Pax moved himself in comfortably to the seat as he fixed his crosshairs on one of
    the three tie fighters that had taken up chase of the freighter. The lasers blazed and the
    first tie went up in a ball of flames that filled Jaxson’s view.

The ship excelerated past the debris as Jaxson locked onto the other one. He had not
    abandon the force altogether. He still used it in every day situations. It lead him to his
    next target as he puled the triggers without even looking up at his screen, his attention on
    a new arrival that walked past the opening of his small compartment.

The third fighter went up in a blaze of smoke and fire as Jaxson pulled the trigger for the
    last time. It was almost routine now. Make a load, fight off a low amount of resistance,
    and sell it to some guy who they don’t even know.

It didn’t take a Jedi to figure out that Seran was working for the Empire. That’s why
    Jaxson had his resignation all ready for submission.

The remainder of the space flight was routine, besides the strange new passenger they had
    acquired by unknown means... unknown to Jaxson that was.

More than anything that caught Jaxson’s attention was a strange feeling that he got when
    he came close to her. As if something inside her was calling gout to him, like something
    lived inside her, something dark and evil.

Her hair was a dark red and hung straight to her waist, her dark green eyes revealing a
    dangerous soul and a deadly anger. She had naturally tanned skin, and wore a black
    leather shirt, black leather pants, and a strange looking maroon armor. The armor
    consisted of an arm guard for each arm, and a leg guard for each leg, as well as a breast
    plate and back cover.

Jaxson waited until the ship landed, then handed in his resignation as he walked off the
    ship. “What’s this?” Vek asked curiously. “If you can’t read it then it’s not my
    problem.” Jaxson said callously.

Jaxson walked off as Vek unfolded the piece of paper. “Jaxson Pax! If you go through
    with this you’ll regret it!” Vek yelled after him. Jaxson continued on his way as though
    he didn’t even hear the man speak.

“Seran is wise indeed if he can foresee this. Kill him Arora.” Vek said with a vile tone.

“As you wish.” Arora replied as she walked up beside Vek, her red hair blowing in the
    wind as she tightened the strap on her maroon arm guard.
    [size=1] "One of the reasons why it's foolish to go around hating somone who hurt you is because,
    it hurts you a whole lot more to hate them than it hurts them." -- Joyce Meyer
    (\__/)
    (+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him in
    (")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination

"For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -- John 3:16

Good tension building I like it!
    Passion and determination are nothing without purpose and direction.

nice story...... so far.
    Having a positive attitude does not always help, but it anoys enough people along the way that it is worth it.

Experienced Player

Jaxson Made his way to the local cantina. “What can I get you sir?” the bartender asked.

“Something strong.” Jaxson replied. The bartender nodded and soon brought him back a
    glass of a red liquid. Taking the glass Jaxson walked over to sit on one of the stools that
    lined the bar.

“Your in my spot.” a large man said as he approached. Jaxson smiled as he looked at the
    man who was probably close to twice his size.

“Move!” the man said forcefully. “Well, I was going to. But since you asked so nicely.”
    Jaxson stood to his feet and brought his palm to the man’s face with a forceful blow. The
    man was sent flying across the room and into the side of a mettle table.

Jaxson finished his drink and then exited the establishment. But to his dismay he was
    faced with yet another problem. There stood Arora, as if she were waiting for him.
    Jaxson could feel her anger, her hate. “Don’t tell me. Vek sent me to kill you.” Jaxson
    said sarcastically as he walked casually past her.

Arora stood stationary, her long hair blowing in the breeze. Then, in a flash of movement
    she brought a red glowing blade to his throat. “My master, Lord Seran has sent me. If
    you do not work for him, you must be killed.” Arora informed him.

“Get that thing out of my face.” Jaxson said with a quite low tone that stroke fear even
    into Arora’s heart. Jaxson spoke with such demand and hatred, she could feel the force
    flowing through him.

“I said get that out of my face!” Jaxson flashed his green lightsaber blade out of his secret
    pocket on his clothing. With a single swift swipe he caught the Sith off guard and sent
    her blade away from him.

Arora jumped into the fight and was on top of him within seconds. Her red blade flashing
    as she twirled it. Arora passed her blade behind her back and came up towards Jax’s leg.
    Jaxson jumped over her, but before his feat touched the ground her blade was on an
    intercept cours. He barely had time to block as he was pushed back by the force of her
    blow.

Jaxson went into a forwards roll, coming up to his feet. But once again he was hard
    pressed to keep the red blade from cutting into him. “You can’t win! Give up and come
    to my master and your life will be spared.” Arora offered as they fought.

Jaxson was forced back to the edge of the building, a straight drop off below him. He
    knew he couldn’t win this battle. “Ok!” Jaxson agreed. Arora halted her swing just a few
    inches from his head. “Tell your boss that I’ll...” Jaxson was about to agree as he noticed
    something coming down below. “Tell your boss that I don’t work for Emperial scum!”
    he said jumping backwards off the ledge. He fell down, landing on the speeder and was
    carried off to safety.

“Hey! What’s the matter with you?!” the speeder’s pilot yelled out the window just
    before Jaxson jumped off onto another building.

Jaxson took off to find transport off the planet. But once again he was approached by a
    shady character. This time the man had with him a group of seven others. Jaxson drew
    his blaster and pointed it at the leading man’s head. “Come another step and I’ll blow it
    off.” Jaxson warned him.

“Were not enemies...” the man insisted. “We are here to ask if you would like to help us.
    We have the location of an Emperial weapons stash, were planing to blow it up.” the man
    told him.

Jax sensed his intentions, they were as he said. Jaxson lowered his blaster. “And what
    makes you think I would be the slightest bit interested in risking my life to help you?”
    Jaxson asked mockingly. “Because in the process we intend to capture and bring the
    supplier of these weapons to trial.” the man explained.

“Seran?” Jaxson asked. The man nodded with a slight smile. “You seem to handle
    yourself well in battle, especially with that blade of yours.” “You tell anyone of that
    blade and that will be the last thing you say.” Jaxson warned him.

“I’m not here to fight you. I just want to know if your willing to help.” came the annoyed
    reply. Jaxson thought about his options. He knew that Arora would not quit chasing him
    as long as Seran was paying her to do so. Perhaps this was his lucky break. After all
    these years it certainly wouldn’t be out of turn.

“All right, I’ll help.” Jaxson agreed. “I’ll help stop Seran for ten thousand credits.”
    “Were not looking for mercenaries.” the man denied his request. “I would say getting
    that assassin off your back would be good enough reason to help. As well as a five
    percent split in the profits.”

“All right.” Jaxson agreed hesitantly. “When do we leave?” “Now.” the man answered.
    “Good.” Jaxs said to himself.

Jaxs turned and followed the other men out as they made there way to there ship and left
    for the planet of Abregado-Rae. Abregado-Rae had long been a common destination for
    smugglers and free-traders. It was no surprise to Jax that Seran would base his operations
    there.

As the long slender, greyish looking ship rose into the sky Arora stood on a building
    watching. With a push of a hidden button under her wrist armor she brought an anchient
    Sith fighter up to her, jumped in, and took off in persute of the ship.
    [size=1] "One of the reasons why it's foolish to go around hating somone who hurt you is because,
    (\__/)

"For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -- John 3:16

Veteran Player

Great start!
    I was eating Elmers the other day and it didn't taste like normal. Has anyone else noticed this?

In my mind and in my car
    We can't rewind we've gone too far...

-Video Killed the Radio Star

Experienced Player

thanks. Just poped into my mind. So I figured why not write it down.
    (\__/)

Experienced Player

“My name is captain Dren. This is my first officer Shale, and my gunner Ven.” The
    leader introduced himself and the two humans beside him.
    “Over there is head of security Vela.” Dren pointed to a blue Twilek woman.
    “The rest of the crew are temporary. Shale will show you to your room. We have a
    briefing in three hours so be in the briefing room twenty minutes till.” Dren informed Jax.

Jax nodded in response and followed the short, skinny blond haird man to his room.
    “Here it is.” Shale gestured towards the room. Once again Jaxson nodded in response
    and entered his room.

Jax walked over and laid down on his bead, hopping to get some sleep before the
    briefing. Slowly he drifted into a deep sleep. Once again, however, he found no rest in
    his dreams. The images of his old friend killing the padawans shot through his mind like
    a needle.

Not soon enough he was woken by a high-pitched beeping sound. Jaxson sat up in bed
    and looked over at an alarm that had been set. Jax, being thankful that it had brought him
    out of his dream reached over and gently shut it off before heading to the bathroom to
    clean up.

Exactly twenty minutes early Jaxson showed up in the briefing room after having located
    it on his in-room digital map.

“I might just want to keep you around. It’s rare when someone actually shows up when I
    tell them to.” Dren grinned as Jaxson Pax walked through the open doorway.
    “Don’t take it personally, I just want to get this over with.” Jaxson replied as he took a
    seat around the circular table that sat in the room.

A short time later the others of the crew showed up, all taking there seats as Dren started
    the briefing.

“We have been informed that Seran’s fortress used to be a prison. There are rumors that
    the prisoners dug underground tunnels to escape and the tunnels were never found...”
    Dren stopped as Jaxson spoke.

“Exscuse my negativity but I don’t think a guy like Seran is going to just leave secret
    tunnels laying around in his fortress.” Jax said.

“No, he wouldn’t.” Dren said with a bit of annoyance in his voice. “Our operatives have
    been working on locating the tunnels that Seran has incorporated for his own use.
    Recently we have discovered one with a maximum security of seven or eight guards at all
    times.” Dren continued.

Dren continue for some time as Jaxson listened to the plans. They sounded ok, as long as
    they worked Jax didn’t really care.

A short time after the briefing ended the ship approached Abregado-Rae. “Everybody get
    your gear we won’t have allot of time once were on the surface!” Dren shouted out to all
    present.

The group of group of seven operatives jumped from the craft onto the ground as it flew
    low. Dren, then Shale, Ven, Jaxson, and then Vela, followed by two others from the
    crew.

“This better be some team you got if were going to pull this off.” Jax commented after
    hitting the ground. “They can get the job done.” Dren assured him.
    (\__/)

Experienced Player

The group quickly made there way around the small hill as the guards guarding the
    entrance came in sight.

“Max of seven or eight?” Jax asked softly yet mockingly as he looked at the ten guards
    who stood before the entrance. “We can handle this.” Dren said through clenched teeth.
    “Take aim.”

The seven men brought up there guns, aimed and with there silencers fired. Seven shots
    rang out, seven men dropped to the ground. Three more shots rang out seconds after and
    the last three men dropped along beside there comrades.

“Let’s go.” Dren jumped to his feet and ran over to the entrance. The entrance was
    hidden, but it did not take the group long to find it now that they knew what they were
    looking for.
    Soon they were traveling down a long dark passageway, barely enough light to see, but
    enough to get by.

At the end of the tunnel they came to the locked door. “The men outside didn’t have a
    security pass.” Vela pointed out. “Then how do we get in?” Sheel, a short, skinny, blond
    woman asked.

“I didn’t want to have to use that!” Dren objected as he caught Vela’s smile in the dark
    lighting. He knew her thoughts had drifted immediately to the explosives she had
    developed. She had been itching for a chance to test them out.

“Won’t they here that?” came the obvious question from the other crew member Trillin.
    His close shaved brown hair barely visible on his tall body in the low lighting.

“Move.” Jax demanded as he made his way to the door. “Why?” Vela insisted. “Fine
    don’t move, but your gona be the one hurting.” Jax replied as he pulled out his lightsaber.
    Vela quickly moved out from in-front of the door as his green blade ignited with a low
    huming sound.

Slowly he cut through the door, the mettle glowing orange and red with the heat. “I gota
    get me one of those things!” Trillin commented softly as Jax cut. Jaxson disegnited his
    lightsaber and kicked the mettle from the door.
    “Oh yeah that’s going to be so much quietter!” Vela objected as Jax pulled back his foot
    for the kick. But as the mettle neared the floor it was let down slowly as Jax brought his
    hand back. “How in the freaking galaxy did you do that!” Trillin stood in awe.

Jaxson Pax ignored the young man as they moved out over the grounds in search of the
    command center.

It wasn’t long before they found it, there intel was good. the charged on the room, shots
    were fired in silence as men dropped to the ground. Jaxson taking out two, each with a
    sift punch to the back of the head.

“Get hacked in! We don’t have much time we need to find out where Seran is and get
    moving.” Dren’s voice faded into the background as a horrible feeling came over Jax. I
    presence of death grew near... It was Arora.

“What kind of explosives were those?” Jax asked Vela as he garbed one from her belt.
    “Hey, put that back!” she spoke harshly. “If you keep whining I’ll blast this thing and
    throw us all to the stars!” Jax warned her.

Reluctantly she backed off as Jax inspected the explosives. Then, without a word he
    grabbed the rest of the nearly clear, and formable putty that made up the small bombs.
    “What the.. Where do you think your doing with those?!” Vela objected with an anger
    stricken tone.

“Would you like to tell me just what it is your doing?” Dren asked him as the others
    continued working. “Maybe saving your scrony little carcass, now leave me alone.” Jax
    replied with urgency in his voice.

“All right, but from now on, my crew’s personal belongings are off limits!” Dren ordered
    him. “I’ll remember that next time I care.” Jax replied harshly.

“What’s with that guy?” Vela asked as Dren walked back in the control room. “I don’t
    know. Just try not to get in a fight.” Dren replied, beginning to wonder if bring Jaxson
    Pax had been a mistake.

Jaxson, working in the small meeting room that was just outside the control room
    plastered the walls with the explosives, causing them to blend in with the walls. The
    presence drew even closer, it was almost there.

Jaxson then cut the legs off of the mettle chairs that sat in around the table in the middle
    of the room, putting a point on each end and positioning them various places around the
    room.

“Get down!” Jax yelled as he ran back in the room and the door in the meeting room
    opened. In confusion the small group dove for cover as there advisarry stepped through
    the door.
    (\__/)

I got an e-mail that said that Jax nova posted on MY thread entitled Memories of Pain, and a past life. and it should have gone to you (jax nova) it is realy weird!!!!!!
    Having a positive attitude does not always help, but it anoys enough people along the way that it is worth it.

I got an e-mail that said that Jax nova posted on MY thread entitled Memories of Pain, and a past life. and it should have gone to you (jax nova) it is realy weird!!!!!!

Experienced Player

.............uh.........I duno...???

BUT I GOT MY DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry. she is very cute though!
    (\__/)

Experienced Player

(been cleaning and other stuff... uhg. But I'm back now)

Arora walked through the room towards the command center, her foot steps could be herd
    on the cool mettle floor. Her easy pace revealing a calm spirit and a ready mind. But she
    would not be prepared for the attack to come.
    As Arora reached the middle of the room Jax set off the explosives, and at the same
    time used the force to hurl the pointed objects laying around the room at Arora.

Arora used the force, blocking what she could of the explosion. Dropping to her knees a
    small shield of sorts formed around her. But the hurled pieces of mettle caught her by
    surprise as they penetrated her force shield.

She twisted and contorted, dodging several of the flying objects. But one came in to fast
    and pierced her shoulder. Pain shot through her body like a bullet and she dropped her
    face to the floor as she sat there on her knees.
    The strain took her concentration down, and the explosion singed her a bit as she fought
    against the pain. The mettle move from her shoulder, accompanied by a shock of pain,
    as she pulled it out with the force.

Blood ran form her shoulder, and covered the mettle, splattering as it hit the ground in the
    small puddle that had formed. The large fist sized whole, still open, ran out blood as
    Arora brought her hand up to it.

The explosions was past now as she fell on her side to the floor. She channeled her force
    power and the wound slowly began to fuse back shut. The bleeding stopped, but not soon
    enough to prevent her garments form being well stained, as well as the floor.

Jaxson Pax and the others moved in quickly, weapons out and ready. Jaxson moved
    towards her with his lightsaber as she healed her wound. With a quick gesture of his
    hand he pulled her lightsaber from her. It flew through the air in an arched pattern and
    landed softly in his hand.

Arora had closed her wound, but she was wounded from fire and the whole. Her force
    energy had been drained by the protection and her healing. She was beat, there was no
    way now that she could beat a Jedi with the others there to help him. Not with her
    fighting arm wounded.

Arora drug herself to her knees and sat on her heals. “You have beaten me, kill me now.”
    she said bowing her head. Jax knew if he didn’t she would only come after him again.
    The mettle projectile had been aimed for her heart. “What are you waiting for? Kill me.”
    Arora looked up at Jax as he put away his lightsaber and hers.

Jax said nothing, but starred into her face. “You have to decide. What are you going to
    do with her?” Dren asked him. “We can’t take prisoners.” Vela put in her thoughts.
    Jaxson stood there, as if not hearing there words. In his mind images raced before his
    eyes. Images of his training, of the life he once had. He was a Jedi, could he kill an
    innocent person? “All this time, why should it bother you know?” he asked himself in his
    mind.

“If you will not kill me, the I will kill you.” Arora warned him. Jax moved his hand down
    and pulled out his gun in a flash. Pointing it at her he said, “No. I wont’ kill you.”

“Then I am in your det forever. I am your servant.” she bowed her head once more.
    Again images of his past life raced through his head like a couple of pod racers running
    for there lives. “Why? Why now?!” his mind screamed. Why were all his memories
    coming flowing in now? Why did he have to remember all the times he had lived a lie.

He had never been a Jedi, so he told himself. A Jedi would never run and leave the others
    behind to die, not a true Jedi!

Jaxson looked at Arora. “If you are my servant then kill me. I have no desire to live any
    more.” he told her. Arora looked up with shocked eyes, a blank stair covering her face.
    “I can not! You are my master I could not kill you.” she insisted. “If I am your master
    then kill me!” he screamed back as he threw his gun in-front of her.

“You want me to take him out now or let her do it?” Vela asked Dren in the background.
    But Dren didn’t answer. “Dren?” she bumped him. “Huh? ... Oh, no. Just leave him.”
    Dren replied. “We don’t have all day.” Vela reminded him. “I know.” Dren assured her.

Arora looked at the gun as it slid across the floor and stopped in-front of her. “Pleas,
    anything but his! But beg you.” Arora protested once more. Jax raised his other gun and
    aimed it at her, shooting three shots that came half an inch from hitting her head. “Do
    it!!” he screamed out his order.

With tears streaming down her face Arora reached out for the gun. Dren stopped Vela’s
    hand as she reached for her own. “Pleas...” Arora pleaded once more as the tears ran
    down her face and fell to the floor, mingling with the pool of blood. “If you wont shoot
    me...” Jax looked into her eyes with a piercing stair. “Then shoot yourself.” he said in a
    soft sinister voice.

“Arora closed her eyes and took a deep breath, the tears clearing from her eyes as she
    picked up the gun. She lifted her hands and pointed it to her head. Her maroon gloves
    wrapping around the trigger as she slowly began to squeeze. Her finger pulled the trigger
    all the way back, but all that was herd was a click.

Everyone looked on in confusion, the gun had not fired. “Give me the gun.” Jax said
    calmly. Arora tossed the gun through the air to him. “I put the safety on. You can pull
    the trigger all you want and it won’t fire.” he explained.

Arora stood with confused eyes, as did the rest. Jax had only been testing Arora, to be
    sure she was truly surrendering herself to him. Whether or not she would kill him if she
    got the chance.

Jax walked over to her and placed his hand on her wound, healing what she had been to
    week to finish. “We better hurry.” he said to the others as he helped Arora to her feet.

The group instantly went back to work, they had lost enough time already. “Next time
    you want to book your own show on the galactic channels you let me know about it.”
    Dren warned Jax. “I will, if I think I need to.” Jax said back in a defensive tone.

The group hurried to get all the information they needed. It was possible that Seran was
    not even there at the time. If so they would have to track him and take him down where
    ever he was. But if they could find out from any place it would be here.
    (\__/)

Experienced Player

There work was shattered by the sounds of sudden troops moving in on there position.

“Back-up! We need to leave now!” Arora informed Jaxson. “Yeah to save your sweat
    self.” Vela threw out an insult as she worked. Jaxson moved over to Dren. “We need to
    go.” “We go when I am ready!” Dren snapped back.

However much Jaxson Pax disliked the group he wasn’t going to let them stay there and
    get killed. “Do you have any more of that explosive stuff?” Jax asked Vela. “No because
    you wouldn’t keep your filthy hands off it!” she insulted him with her answer.

There was no time, the enemy was at the front door and there was no way out. The men
    appeared through the door, gun shots flying through the air in random patterns, filing the
    room. The group couldn’t escape, they were forced to fight back. “Are you crazy she’ll
    end up shooting us!” Vela yelled at Jax as he handed Arora a gun.

But before another word was said a shot rang out and hit Sheel, her limp body stunned by
    the hit as well as left lifeless laying on the floor. Trillin moved in to help her, but he was
    to late, and managed only to get himself hit in the leg. “Get back!” Dren ordered him.

Trillin drug himself back out of the way where he worked on his wound while the others
    fought. “It’s no use we can’t hold them off!” Vela yelled over the constant shooting.

“There’s no way out!” Trillin told her from the back of the room. The guns continued
    blazing at a rapid rate, shots flying through the open door to the control room every
    second. Anyone caught in the line of fire would be hit with more than enough to kill
    them now.

“Grenades! Take him down!” Dren yelled at the top of his lungs as a grenade trooper
    moved in. Vela, Dren, Arora, Jax, Shale, and Ven all diverted there aim to hit the man,
    and successfully took him down before he got his grenade through the door.

“There is bound to be more where that came from.” Ven commented. One of the
    grenades rolling there way exploded in the middle of the room, sending fire through the
    door and scorching those close to it.

“What’s below us out the window?” Dren asked Trillin who was still at the back of the
    room. Trillin got up and pulled himself over to it as Shale put out the fire that had caught
    on his clothing. “A one-hundred foot drop sir.” Trillin reported. “It’s the only way out
    we have to go!” Dren decided.

Just then another shot came through finding Shale who was still trying to put a bandage
    on his burn. The shot hit him in the side, the intensity to strong to have been survived.
    “Shale! NO!” Vela screamed, jumping to his side. “Get out of there you fool!” Dren
    pushed her aside receiving a hit on his left arm.
    (\__/)

Experienced Player

Vela jumped to the side, a shot from the many guards just missing her.

Trillin set a couple grenades on the see-through paneling that made the view ports.
    “Heads up!” he yelled before exploding them. Shards went flying dangerously close to
    him as the windows shattered into pieces. The smoke rose to the roof, filling the room
    slowly.

“Get the ropes down!” Dren ordered. Ven left the fight and moved back to help Trillin
    with the ropes while the others fought off the attack.

The ropes were thrown down, falling fifteen feet short of the ground. “There not long
    enough.” Trillin informed Dren.
    “It will have to do. GO!” he yelled back over the gun shots that rang through the room.
    Dren tossed the five grenades he had into the men for cover so the others could get to the
    ropes. The explosion blasted through the mettle walls with a defining explosion and was
    followed by a surprising silence.

“Get going!” Dren ordered Vela and Jaxson. Trillin had started down the ropes, Ven
    staying behind to help the others. Vela grabbed the rope as Dren, Jackson, and Arora
    came running and the shooting started back up again.

Dren jumped over the edge, grabbing a rope with his good arm and doing what he could
    with his injured one. Jaxson and Arora went over next sliding down the ropes with an
    amazing pace that quickly overtook the others.

Ven jumped up to the ledge and grabbed the remaining rope just as a energy bolt struck
    him in the back of the neck. Despite his toughness his limp body lay dying. “Go... I-I’ll
    hold ‘em off..” Ven squeezed the air out of his lungs as his hand moved towards his
    blaster. But instead of shooting he set it to overload and threw it into the group of
    advancing men.

The explosion stopped them dead in there tracks, giving the others enough time to reach
    the bottom of the rope. Trillin, however, because of his injury was having trouble
    holding on, his legs were stunned and he couldn’t hold on right. The events forced him to
    climb slower as they descended.

Vela, Dren, Jaxson, and Arora hung fifteen feet from the ground. Trillin was still ten or
    fifteen feet more above them as the shots above rang out once more after the recovery
    from the explosion.

Suddenly Trillin felt the rope loosen in his hands and his decent began to speed. Fear
    gripped his heart as the air was thrust out of him. Looking up he could see the burnt end
    flailing down towards him. A stray shot had obviously caught his rope. He tried to yell
    as he fell past the others... but nothing came out. His last moments spent in dread and
    horror were short as he herd Vela yelling out his name as he passed by.
    (\__/)

Never tempt the predator into a bloodlust.

A nice story...

There were numerous typo's though, I'd suggest you consider using Word or other similar word processor to iron out the chinks from the text.
    "I'm not a Jedi, I'm just a guy with a Lightsaber."
    - Kyle Katarn, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

"Ignorance kills, but if you ignore me, so do I."
    - Snowtiger

Thread Information