24 40.68%
  • under 20

16 27.12%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ages of RPG gamers?

Experienced Player
    In the cockpit of a XJ-3 X-Wing kicking some Vong butt

Default Ages of RPG gamers?

Just wondering what ages are represented among the members of SWRPGNetwork. Some of you guys have been hooked up since the Network began so just wondering how old most are. I'm 23 I'm in my junior year of college. What about the rest of you guys?

Mandalorian Warrior
    Currently training ARC troopers for the Kaminoans in a secret section of Tipoca City

I'm currently 16 and I'm in the end of my sophmore year in highschool.
    Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi.

Blaster pistol: 500 credits.
    Blaster rifle: 1000 credits.
    Mandalorian Battle Armor: 13000 credits.
    Having the equipment to blow Jedi to tiny bits: priceless.

33 years old is me.

16 year old was when I started.

Experienced Player

We have a large mix, I'm 33 my gamers are 12, 29 and 63. We're about to add 3 more who are 13, 34 and 35.

Experienced Player
    In the cockpit of a XJ-3 X-Wing kicking some Vong butt

Whoa, Marty, you've got an age range in your group from 12-63. My players are 20-24(room mate, and four friends from college). I didn't even know the RPG game even existed until I was 16 and didn't start an rpg group until 17(keep in mind, I lived in the midlde of nowhere). I found an rpg core rule book in a Barnes and Noble bookstore and I was hooked. I read up on character creation and the rules, and went from there. I had been a Star Wars fanatic since the age of 6(my mother was a Star Wars junky before me), and I took the next step and began roleplaying. How did you guys get started?

Dark Lord, and the Fourth Centurion, of the HotShot Quiz
    Roaming the Tombs of the Sith Lords on Korriban

30 year young and counting. I got interested in other RPGs before I was even 10, and starting playing the WEG d6 SWRPG in the early 90's...so when I was 16-ish.

Darth Fierce
    Last edited by Darth Fierce; 5 May 2006 at 08:56 AM.
    Currently Working On:
    --The Holonet Alien Anthology
    --The Friends and Foes Compendium
    In loving memory of P.C., we who knew you will never forget you...

Blog Entries

Nineteen here- started playing a bit over five years ago, though I'd been getting the WEG books for interesting reading since 1998 or so
    I desire what is good. Therefore, everyone who does not agree with me is a traitor-- King George III
    "The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." -- W. Somerset Maugham
    Check out Run to the Rim (NEW! Updated 1/24/08!)
    and
    Old Friends, New Republic (Updated 12/27/07)

Generalissimo of the Mud and Mayehm Society

I too am 16, and almost finished sophomore year.
    Days change, seasons change, people don't change

I'm, like, way old. And I've been playing for... wow, 24+ years. Played a little d6 SW in the early 90's; then didn't play much RPG at all for a decade or so... got into d20 SW about the time of Episode II and the Revised Core Rules.
    "Half the fun of God's forgiveness is having reasons to ask for it."

26 here and been roleplaying for...hmm maybe 10 years...started with AD&D then moved on to Shadowrun and D6 SWRPG, then D20 SWRPG. Before roleplaying I was a big wargamer (WH40K etc). I never liked huge battles, prefering smaller skirmishes...I think that lead to RPGing easily.

A Young Falleen Jedi

I seam to fit into the mold rather well, I am 25 and have been playing for about 10 years now, if not more. My group is all the same age more or less.
    Tonyx

Another member of the '33' club here. Started at age 9 with the now-legendary red, blue and green D&D box sets, then graduated to AD&D around '83. Went strong with that until around '88 then fell out of the scene altogether until a fellow soldier at Fort Jackson introduced me to the SWRPG in 2000. I think now I'm more into it then ever, though I've found it extremely hard to find a decent group of locals to game with. But as long as this site continues on, I doubt the SWRPG will go away anytime soon.
    Johnny's fanfic links:
    Star Wars: Tales of the Cuy'val Dar - Old Soldiers Never Die
    ----------
    "It was my destiny to be here, in the box."
    - Naked Snake

Originally posted by johnnyputrid
    Another member of the '33' club here. Started at age 9 with the now-legendary red, blue and green D&D box sets, then graduated to AD&D around '83. Went strong with that until around '88 then fell out of the scene altogether until a fellow soldier at Fort Jackson introduced me to the SWRPG in 2000.
    Yeah, wow... oddly enough, my "history" exactly parallels yours, date for date... but replace "a fellow soldier at Fort Jackson" with "little brother's college roommate."

It was my mom that started it all, when she bought me that old red-boxed D&D set, back at age 9. She had no idea what it was, she just thought I might like. She's just... inadvertantly cool, I guess.
    "Half the fun of God's forgiveness is having reasons to ask for it."

Veteran Player

Cool

A lot of us 33'ers around here. Probably because we were just old enough to remember seeing SW in the theaters (back when it was just Star Wars - none of this Ep. IV or ANH stuff).

I didn't start RPing until Marvel Superheroes came out. That was my "gateway drug" into AD&D 2nd. Went nuts over that until '89 when I found SWRPG. Been playing it off and on ever since.

Done lots of work with Shadowrun, Mechwarrior, and Paranoia since, but I always come back to Star Wars. First loves are the best.
    'The Three Little Pigs' is just childhood propaganda for the brick industry.

"Why am I always mad? I'm Sith, you git! We're supposed to be angry!"

Aviator

I'm 15, and my introduction to Role Playing in general is an iteresting one.

A while back, summer of 2003, I was in Barnes and Nobles bookstore in Colorado with my grandma. She always buys us books. Anyways, at that time I hardly knew anything about Star Wars beyond the movies. While I was looking for books I came across the Star Wars RPG Revised Core Rulebook. It having a nice cover, I grabbed it off the shelf and started flipping through it. It had some cool pictures and diagrams in it, and so I presented it to my grandma, thinking it was a Star Wars picture book or something. Mind you, this was the time when the Revised Core Rulebook was around $40. So I bought it. In the car, when I flipped through it, I realized it wasnt a picture book, and lost intrest. I put it on the shelf and didnt pick it up for about a year. Then when I started reading it more, I realized the potential for imagination you could have roleplaying. So I started studying it. Then I came across the part about the dice. At this time I was no longer in the States, but in the Philippines. That was just a summer vacation. There was no way in the world I was going to get the propper dice. But I had a friend who got a Lord of the Rings RPG book for christmas, and he never played it. He's the skateboard kind of guy, you know, loosie goosie. I asked him if I could have the dice and all he said was: "Sure." I was so happy. So began my RPG adventure in 2005 and hope to stay with it. Now all I gotta do is play in a sit down session to get my experience up.
    ---If you put your sugar and creamer in the bottom of your cup first, the coffee stirs itself. Thus, you don't need to use a spoon.--- Conventional Wisdom

Thread Information