Thread: WEG Books

Chico, California, former college party capital

Default WEG Books

So this is where all the old Listserv members went. Sorry its taken me so long to catch up.

Anyways, after several months' hard work on eBay, Amazon and Alibris, I now have an (almost) complete collection of WEG's Star Wars catalog. It's all 2nd edition, except where 1st. edition material hadn't been updated. The only ones I'm missing are Battle for the Golden Sun, Scavenger Hunt, Galaxy Guides 1, 3 and 5, and the three solitaire adventure books (Scoundrel's Luck, Jedi's Honor, and Imperial Doublecross).

I have a question about the Galaxy Guides. I own the Special Edition Trilogy Sourcebook, and that covers a lot of the material in the movies. Is it worth my time to track down the Galaxy Guides (apart from the satisfaction of having a complete set)?

Only if you are like me and want to keep them as collectors items too. I have a complete set of WEG books and the galaxy guide series is one of the best parts of my set. But if you are just wanting them for the information then the trilogy sourcebooks will serve you just as well.

Veteran Player

Nah, the Movie galaxie guide are mostly character stats book. If u say u got almost all, well u probably get

The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
    01/Oct/1993
    WEG40076
    0-87431-198-5

with this one u have most character in trilogy so dont lose ur time to get this GG.

list of all SW W&G book with a pic of cover

http://starwars.cside.ne.jp/westendgames.htm

Well i have myself most of ALL important book, but i get them in the 90s when it was easy to get them. even if i dont play, i keep them for reference. Dont know if they have a value
    c'est Louche

IMO, the Movie Trilogy book that was updated for the Special Edition movies is a marked improvement over the original Movie Trilogy Sourcebook; better organized, updated material, etc.

Also, you'd be amazed what Star Wars D6 books are going for these days. On eBay, I saw a copy of Stock Ships go for over $70, not counting shipping and handling. IMO, eBay is the best place to go to round out your WEG book collection. Amazon is a distant second, and Alibris is an even more distant third.
    Last edited by onebigchuck; 12 August 2006 at 09:26 PM.

Veteran Player

Well the The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook is more about character stats and story, and it was the first book to have SLave 1 stats, well the only ships stats if i remeber. the Trilogy Sourcebook Special Edition is more about most important thing in the movies, not only characters. the 2 book can complete together.

About pdf i know, i have many, even some book i have, for backup situation, and well, when u go somewhere, 36 000 book is not easy to discplace all time. a CD is more light.

i already asked this question in another topic:

what is the most wanted, or rare sourcebook?
    c'est Louche

I can only speak from personal experience, but the one I had the hardest time getting was Stock Ships, with Alien Encounters a close second

Veteran Player

i have the 2
    c'est Louche

Jedi Dropout

eBay is a fickle friend. Sometimes you can find exactly what you need for dirt cheap (i.e., a Pirates and Privateers for $8.00) and sometimes you find people paying outrageous prices ($120 for Hideouts and Strongholds).

Usually, I've found that you have to watch the market and wait for things to drop a little before you pick up the book you want. Of course, you may not be willing to wait a year to pay decent prices for your book.
    "Tedium and drudgery are good for the soul." - Boober Fraggle

D6 Utilities and Fan Books

Veteran Player

120$ for H&SH................... wow i paid mine 20-25$ when he came out. i will never paid those price for a RPG book
    c'est Louche

I guess I got lucky. When WEG's was going aving their big dump it all sale, everything was 80% off I think, I bought everything thing I could. Multiple copies of them in fact. I spent a small fortune insuring that my collection was complete. I think the most I ever paid for any one book was $40. Ebay can be a good place to complete a collection, but so can some other places. I know these links have been posted before, however it was several years back that I saw them.

www.titangames.com
    www.dragontrove.com

There are others but I find these two are very good. I especially like dealing with Marcus King at Titan (shameless plug for Marcus). They can sometimes get a bit pricey but will often have a specific book one may be looking for that can't be found on ebay.

Jedi Dropout

Originally posted by Rigo

i already asked this question in another topic:

what is the most wanted, or rare sourcebook?
    That's a great question. I've watched the eBay market as well as a few used book outlets and I think the following are probably the most sought after books (in no particular order):

Pirates and Privateers
    Stock Ships
    Rules of Engagement
    Tales of the Jedi Companion

And to a slightly lesser degree:

GG 6: Tramp Freighters
    GG 10: Bounty Hunters
    Hideouts and Stronholds
    "Tedium and drudgery are good for the soul." - Boober Fraggle

D6 Utilities and Fan Books

Dark Lord, and the Fourth Centurion, of the HotShot Quiz
    Roaming the Tombs of the Sith Lords on Korriban

The "Galladinium" and "Gundark" supplements tend to be hard to come by too....

Darth Fierce
    Currently Working On:
    --The Holonet Alien Anthology
    --The Friends and Foes Compendium
    In loving memory of P.C., we who knew you will never forget you...

Veteran Player

good i have all of them, in perfect order but not to sold. As i can see they are mostly Equipment guide and the lasts guide that W&G was made.

i remeber when they "fall" i saw in http://previews.diamondcomics.com/
    in 98? well i saw 2 SW RPG W&G book comming in 2 month, well was Corporation box stuff, dont remeber the exacting name, and Rogue Squadron sourcebook! i can imagine with the last one how Space combat was to be updated.

well finnaly the book never make it, W&G fall.
    c'est Louche

Thread Information