Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This party's over.

Moderator: Rumours and Speculation

Default This party's over.

Just kidding!

Howdy people,

As some of you may have noticed from the SWRPGNetworks forum, there has been a moderator reshuffle. I'm moving over here to Rumours* and Speculation to take the reins. So, yeah, er, nice to be here! I'm sure we'll get along just fine, and I look forward to chatting with you fine folk.

Cheers,

Jon

* Okay, so I'm actually a New Zealander, not English, but we spell rumour with two u's, and I'm sticking to my guns on that one .
    "What the hell are you waiting for?"
    Encore - Jay Z feat. Linkin Park

Jedi Master, Scholar, and Keeper of the True Light

So what Rumors and Speculations can we form about our new moderator?
    "Faith Manages." - Ambassador Delenn
    Potentate of the Rose

Immoderator

I hear he's a ladies' man. *rumormongers*
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

Blog Entries

Talking

Originally posted by Ardent
    I hear he's a ladies' man. *rumormongers*
    And a drunk, whose conversational manner gets progressively more lascivious as the night goes on...

I desire what is good. Therefore, everyone who does not agree with me is a traitor-- King George III
    "The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." -- W. Somerset Maugham
    Check out Run to the Rim (NEW! Updated 1/24/08!)
    and
    Old Friends, New Republic (Updated 12/27/07)

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Um, big rumours about me are that in the next month I am travelling Europe (Spain, Italy, Egypt*, Greece), before returning to New Zealand. That's the biggest rumour I can think of.

And in terms of a ladies man, I think only the lady I am currently at home with could comment on that .

Jon

* Yes, I know Egypt is not technically in Europe. But it's very close.

I for Underachiever

A New Zealander eh?

Awesome - we seem to be quite well-represented here on the boards.

Oh yeah - and that being said - i have complete confidence in your ability to quash rumours and stuff..

Peccator out of residence

Wink

Oh yeah - and that being said - I have complete confidence in your ability to quash rumours and stuff...
    Does this mean that you're gonna fix this forum's name? It's the most annoying blatant spelling mistake on the whole of the Holonet.

(Canada is underrepresented on the boards, but over-represented in the higher rank-echelons, btw.)
    Last edited by PsychoInfiltrator; 20 August 2006 at 04:39 PM.
    If you want to contact me, a private message will work. I am currently on hiatus, but I will respond.
    Featured Quote: “The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.”
    St. Peter of Alcántara

PS: "'Psych' for short. Not Psycho. No o, oh no, no o." Ronin

Immoderator

Since when is Canada overrepresented in anything except moose population? *skeptical look*

Actually, we did comment amongst ourselves the other day that this board is administered by Imperials but moderated entirely by Rebels and scoundrels. Who's propagandising now, baby?!

But I'm curious; unless I'm mistaken, of the new moderators all are American or, in Ronin's case, crazy Gaijin.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

Originally posted by Ardent
    But I'm curious; unless I'm mistaken, of the new moderators all are American or, in Ronin's case, crazy Gaijin.
    Well, cold's from the hill country of Pittsburgh... that's almost America...

p.s.: GO BROWNS!

Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator

Does this mean that you're gonna fix this forum's name? It's the most annoying blatant spelling mistake on the whole of the Holonet.
    Hmmm. While I wish I had (to quote Palpatine) "unlimited power", unfortunately I think changing the board name is beyond me. I can have a word to the admins about it...

Jon

Hamburger!

Save the minorities! I demand a name change to:

Gerüchte und Spekualtionen!

Verily Yay! Rumours is written with an umlaut!

Originally posted by darth_wyld
    Save the minorities! I demand a name change to:

Gerüchte und Spekualtionen!

Verily Yay! Rumours is written with an umlaut!
    I second this motion. Long live the UMLAUT!
    Uron's game Archive
    ├ L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    Potentate of the Rose

Help! The Germans are invading!

Okay, so given that the main language used here is English, I guess we're only really discussing the use of UK or American English. But that's for the input, darth_wyld and Uron Teff.

As a side note, do you guys read the holonet in English? Or use some sort of translation program? In fact, is there a translation option on the Holonet? I have a feeling there might be...

Edit: Yeah, there is a drop down translation box. Nifty!

Er, anyway, I guess we're getting a bit off topic here. Not that this thread really has a topic, other than "I'm the new moderator". So...

Jon

Hamburger!

As a side note, do you guys read the holonet in English? Or use some sort of translation program? In fact, is there a translation option on the Holonet? I have a feeling there might be...
    No, most of the time I use those bablefishoid programs to get a good laugh... take a german story, translate it to english and then back and forth and read all four stages... can be very funny...

No, I use only my brain for translation (and online dictionaries )

Peccator out of residence

Since when is Canada overrepresented in anything except moose population? *skeptical look*
    Well, let's see...Canada has 33-34 million people, and as high-ranking active non-mods we have TJR and myself.

The US has...almost 300 million. So for every me or TJR, there should be 9 or 10 American active non-mods on the Holonet. I don't think that (with so many non-mods going mod on us) there are 20 active high-ranking non-mods period. I could be wrong, depending on the definition of 'active.' As for active rankers including those who also happen to be mods-I still think that we are overrepped. Of course, nowhere near as much as New Zealand, but still.

Hmmm. While I wish I had (to quote Palpatine) "unlimited power", unfortunately I think changing the board name is beyond me. I can have a word to the admins about it...

Jon
    Anything's appreciated.

Psych
    If you want to contact me, a private message will work. I am currently on hiatus, but I will respond.
    Featured Quote: “The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.”
    St. Peter of Alcántara

PS: "'Psych' for short. Not Psycho. No o, oh no, no o." Ronin

Thread Information