Thread: The Stiletto-class Tactical Starfighter

Post The Stiletto-class Tactical Starfighter

The Stiletto-class Tactical Starfighter

The history of the Kathol Republic is well known, especially since the infromation from what public information gathered from the "Farstar Mission" was revealed to the people of the New Republic.

During the exodus from the Old Republic, the founders of the future Kathol Republic came across a renegade Confederacy Battlegroup of nine ships under the command of the man known as Akillian of Corella. A former smuggler and pirate starfighter pilot, Akillian's group of rogue CIS ships joined with the Republicans and headed into the black.

Six years after the industrial complex of the Kathol Republic was finally finished, Akillian suggested that aside from using their older war materials that they also at least design and use one type of fighter that would be their fighter ship much like how the Republic had the ARC and the V-Wing, the Jedi with the Eta-2 and Delta-7 and so forth.

Hence the Stiletto came into existance from the "greatest minds" of the new Kathol Republic. The Stiletto is designed around the general frame concept for a KDY Delta-7 starfighter only with a built in life-support system, stronger on board weapons and a stronger hull made from a composite material found from local geological surfaces. The end result was a strong and agile tactical fighter that has very strongly served the Republic for the last several years, three of this class of fighter first encountered the Farstar during her trip through the republic which lead two member of the Outrider Squadron to want to hijack a couple for replacement fighters due to the loss of X-wings.

Craft: Kathol Republic Arms Stiletto-class Tactical Fighter
    Type: Space Superiority Fighter
    Scale: Starfighter
    Length: 12.2 meters
    Skil: Starfighter Piloting-Stiletto
    Crew: 1
    Crew Skill: Starfighter Piloting 5D, Starship Gunnery 4D
    Consumables: 2 Days
    Cost: N/A (could go for 25,000 used on the Invisible Market)
    Cargo Capacity: 35 kg
    Hyperdrive: N/A
    Hyperdrive Backup: N/A
    Nav-Computer: No
    Space: 11
    Atmosphere: 350; 1,100kmh
    Maneuverability: 3D+2
    Hull: 4D
    Shields: None

Sensors:
    Passive: 25/1D
    Scan: 50/1D+1
    Search: 75/2D
    Focus: 3/4D

Weapons:
    Two Turbo-Lasers (Fire Linked)
    Fire Arc: Front
    Fire Control: 3D
    Space Range: 1-3/12/25
    Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
    Damage: 6D
    Captain Tenjou
    Ran: "Grand Theft Bebop", "Fellowship of Mars Division", "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" and "Fun with Black Lagoon".

Currently gearing up for "Road Movie to Naboo with Guns"

Comments anyone?
    Captain Tenjou
    Ran: "Grand Theft Bebop", "Fellowship of Mars Division", "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" and "Fun with Black Lagoon".

D6 Forever!

Okay, so this is a fighter created BEFORE Episode 4? Before the Y-Wing and X-Wing? Before the TIE Interceptor?

If that's the case, why is this fighter so fast, maneuverable, and tough?

It's good that it has no hyperdrive, but I'm of the opinion that you need to tone done the Space, Maneuverability and Hull. Keeping them where they are basically makes this a better craft than vessels created AFTER it.

If your intent was to create something so fast and maneuverable that it's better than a many other things, then you did a good job. If you wanted to try to make something that fell within the timeline of tech advancement for fighters, then this is a bit heavy on the power.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Immoderator

Cost would be the other prohibitive factor that kept this particular fighter from edging out more classical designs.

A starfighter that sells for less than 50,000 credits, by the way, is a steal. Think of it this way: light freighters are like minivans...starfighters are like sports cars. Just for a rough price comparison.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

For Planetary Defense this fighter would work well. I would place it at a later time period, however (say, between Empire & Jedi).

To answer some questions:

1. The Stiletto is only used by those of the Kathol Republic and the reason why it's got such high is because when the fighter was first being designed, it had a verpine tech on the staff of engineers that was a CIS engineer that was drafted. He wanted to make sure that he could help design a fighter that would survive longer in combat than the classes of that era including the N-1 Royal-series of fighters, the Jedi's Delta 7 series and the Geonosian Nantex series among others.

I also want to apologize for forgetting to put in what era it exists in. The original line of this class of fighters was built around the time period between Episodes three and four and yes, it predates the Y-Wing, X-Wing, and TIE Interceptor.

The first time anyone outside of the Republic would see one would be post Endor during the Farstar mission.

2. This was my first fighter design, sorry about the cost being odd.

3. The original design used the same type of laser cannons used for the Delta-7 and Naboo N-1 lines of fighters. The weapons on the one that I posted is set during their encounter with the NRS Farstar.

I'll post more soon on this type of fighter and it's unique history in the galaxy.
    Captain Tenjou

Veteran Player

Biggy there is, from my recollection, the kathol sector is cut off even beflre the clone war time frame, so how did they get their hands on a verpine to work on stuff, and how would they know off the jedi's ethersprite etc/
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

Skilled Player

Do you have a picture?
    Pie saucus domine, Ramen!

Major League Infidel

Wolverine, your not even close on this one.

The republic isn't cut off from anyone coreward by anything other than distance.
    you have to go through the Republic to get to the Kathol rift.
    (I'm presuming you are referring to the "cut off" area behind the Rift.)
    losing faith in humanity one assclown at a time..

Void, I'm still trying to find a picture of what it looks like since I can't even begin to describe it. This fighter is a tribute to one of the great unfinished projects in sci-fi history in my opinion.

Thing is finding a good solid picture of it is hard.
    Captain Tenjou

Veteran Player

Originally posted by wolfe
    Wolverine, your not even close on this one.

The republic isn't cut off from anyone coreward by anything other than distance.
    you have to go through the Republic to get to the Kathol rift.
    (I'm presuming you are referring to the "cut off" area behind the Rift.)
    Nope. I was under the impression that the Kathol area was 'cut off' from the rest of society, hence the Dark strider boxed set, where the imperials send in that CC to map it out.
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

Still, to get that level of stats in the time frame your talking about, I would limit the consumables to say 12 hours. This would co-inside with the fact that is a planetary defender not a deep space craft, and to achieve those speeds it would need to cosume a lot of fuel very quickly.

Very few fights that involve these types of ships rarely last longer that an hour or so, and they can based from moons or other ship to give them greater operating range in the system, while depending on larger, slower, ships with longer range sensors for patrol duty and use these as figheter/interceptors.

I would also make cost of operation very high (cost for special high preformance fuel and constant maintance) to make it prohibitive for PC's to want to own one.
    Passion and determination are nothing without purpose and direction.

Veteran Player

Well put... Heck i could even see it broken up even more, like listing the cost for specific flight times..

Thread Information